Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LMAO....well put! I'll let you know how it goes...if not, I'm gonna spend 40 bucks for something 20x as strong. One of these days, I'm gonna eradicate that majano infestation! Your sure these won't burn a hole in the glass, right?

In fact, depending on the focus and angle it could heat up the glass some. I would test it first. You need lots o' watts to burn holes in glass, but cracking it is possible. And any energy reflected doesn't make it to target. That's why burning things thru glass is difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited:
Question for Greg,... Seeing how we've been on this aptasia topic for awhile ,.. Maybe you know the answer to this ? What actually is " aptasia x " made of,.. Is it just a kalkwasser solution or what ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thank you ,... Kind of what I thought except for the cornstarch .

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The Kalk solution I made up yesterday worked wonderfully :)

It does smell like the mop bucket at school. I can only hope it isn't just disinfectant you can buy in a drum for $5. Because I'm a old timer, I still can't believe they sell water in a bottle.

I can't believe they made that available. Things like Coral RX you can't find. (I am guessing it's mostly pine oil by the smell).
:cool:
I believe they have to by law .....:brows:
Under certain conditions?:angel:

http://www.coralrx.com/documents/MSDS/coralrx_msds.pdf
Best I could do on Coral RX!(under quick check)
They actually mention a "pinesol smell"!
I want no glory so here is a "secret " I learned from one of the most intelligent fish keepers I ever spoke with when researching.....
ADD 'PDF' to the end of any of your searches and you will find MSDS sheets, college and professional studies and many,many agricultural links!(y)
A whole other group of info from the common anyone can post crap most get so confused by!
Most products shipped need MSDS sheets by law?:eek:

It turns out my Kent "turbo calcium" is calcium chloride so I feel the need to experiment and see if the aptasia X(which I use) raises tank water temp when applied, like the turbo calcium raise freshwater temp when added(Ice melter)?
If it reacts in the tank then maybe just "boiling water would kill the nem also?
Isn't the laser just going to raise the temp of the nem if it hits it?
I feel like trying to inject with a syringe boiling water on 2 apt in my 29 this week end:dance:
I heard super glue works also?

You can also electrocute them. Actually, the Wand doesn't electrocute them as much as produce hydrogen and oxygen gas that destroys the nem. The laser should raise the body temperature enough to rupture or boil the nem.

Water and proprietary ingredient? Odor: Pine sol smell? LOL.
Thank your govt for their rules about ingredients!
I have used coral rx (to treat Brown Jelly{possibly incorrect treatment?} BUT IMO this product is snake oil like all the "Fixes"(pima fix/mela fix...)
I know many feel otherwise(I'll thank our govt for that!)

I will add IMO if they don't have to list exactly what it is then it is a product of NO consequence?Not just natural as many "natural" products must be listed for one reason or another.

Why do Companies use Proprietary Blends?
Proprietary blends exist for a few specific reasons:

• DECEPTION – When a company wants to hide a low-dose ingredient(s), they will typically use a proprietary blend. Remember, if the amount of an ingredient in a product is lower than the clinical efficacy dose then the effectiveness of the product will not produce the results shown in clinical trials.
  • Coral RX 96% WATER
  • 4% "Proprietary" ingredients?????

Back
Top Bottom