Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444252408.898935.jpg

It's more like he has me. His beak has been trimmed since this picture. Now that's a fun job.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My ex boss had two of them for years and years ,..somehow he always had me help him trim the birds toe nails and feathers,... That was fun too,..I can only imagine what a beak trimming would involve . So how you feeling Greg ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Birds are a acquired taste.

I'm doing well. Anxious to start the rebuild of my fish room after 22 years, but don't want to overdo it yet. For now I just look at all this cool new equipment on the floor waiting to be installed.

Your still +800 posts ahead of me. Your mushroom thread is full of interesting stuff.

Never even thought of it as a race ,..just as an diary of a tank ,.. From horrible mishaps to unbeilable successes and everything else in between .
I remember how excited I was when diatoms formed and green algae actually grew !!!

It's not a race...it acknowledgement that you are a dedicated reef keeper that likes to help others.

I'm amazed as to how much I've learned from everybody here over the years ,... I'm still just totally fascinated that I've made it this far !!
I try to never take it for granted that I have a tiny piece of the ocean in my living room ,.. Really truly mind boggling !! We don't win all the battles that's for sure but by truly listening to others who know so much more than I have over time I've managed to do ok.
For those reefers who are just getting started and are secretly scared to death by the complexity of the hobby ,... My advice would be to take a deep breath and really think about whether you really want to do this or not ,..if the answer is yes then you're 90% there ,...ask questions ,study , listen to people who have been in the hobby for years that you can trust like Doug ,Hank ,Mike ,Greg to name just a few , be prepared for a roller coaster ride but somehow it'll work out .
It's extremely expensive and time consuming but at the end of a long day you can settle back in your easy chair and look at your tank full of corals and life ,pat yourself on your back and smile knowing that you've done something that's really truly amazing . Just my opinion and my 2 cents worth .

I'm amazed as to how much I've learned from everybody here over the years ,... I'm still just totally fascinated that I've made it this far !!
I try to never take it for granted that I have a tiny piece of the ocean in my living room ,.. Really truly mind boggling !! We don't win all the battles that's for sure but by truly listening to others who know so much more than I have over time I've managed to do ok.
For those reefers who are just getting started and are secretly scared to death by the complexity of the hobby ,... My advice would be to take a deep breath and really think about whether you really want to do this or not ,..if the answer is yes then you're 90% there ,...ask questions ,study , listen to people who have been in the hobby for years that you can trust like Doug ,Hank ,Mike ,Greg to name just a few , be prepared for a roller coaster ride but somehow it'll work out .
It's extremely expensive and time consuming but at the end of a long day you can settle back in your easy chair and look at your tank full of corals and life ,pat yourself on your back and smile knowing that you've done something that's really truly amazing . Just my opinion and my 2 cents worth .

Two cents well spent Dary. Couldn't have said it better.

Only crazy people can stand a long term parrot commitment. Same person that puts up with keeping a reef alive long term. But the reef can't scream at 120dB for a peanut.

View attachment 278931

It's more like he has me. His beak has been trimmed since this picture. Now that's a fun job.

He's very handsome Greg. Beautiful colors.

They are an acquired taste for sure. They have such loving personalities. My 5 birds were lovebirds. Just lost my last one over the weekend. She had a good life with me. She was actually hatched in my house.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've received the corals I ordered yesterday afternoon and I'm currently acclimating them to their new world,... About a year or so ago I ordered a frag containing I believe two zoa's ,... Look at what that sucker has done since then,... It happens right before your eyes and because you see it everyday you really don't even see it grow , kinds like your aunt way back when you were a kid and they were always pulling your cheek and telling you how much you've grown .,also included crappy photo of Area 51 where the mushroom colony needs to be restricted ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444334244.212396.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444334271.783752.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444334290.384392.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444334303.500901.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444334320.331965.jpg

New acquisitions doing well,... Vivid aquarium called and let me know that they somehow posted the wrong picture with the description and that my chalice was actually going to be a acan (if I elected to choose it )...so my 2 a cans ,my two golden torches and my gold hammer have seemingly adjusted well so far.
I decided as long as I'm in the buying mode to go ahead and buy another neon green hammer ,another wild green torch and a neon green bubble coral to add to the zoo.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444418374.731390.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444418389.913620.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444418403.847166.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444418419.365995.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444418433.664873.jpg

New acquisitions doing well,... Vivid aquarium called and let me know that they somehow posted the wrong picture with the description and that my chalice was actually going to be a acan (if I elected to choose it )...so my 2 a cans ,my two golden torches and my gold hammer have seemingly adjusted well so far.
I decided as long as I'm in the buying mode to go ahead and buy another neon green hammer ,another wild green torch and a neon green bubble coral to add to the zoo.,...standing by for delivery :)
View attachment 279020View attachment 279021View attachment 279022View attachment 279023View attachment 279024

I decided as long as I'm in the buying mode to go ahead and buy another neon green hammer ,another wild green torch and a neon green bubble coral to add to the zoo.
View attachment 279020View attachment 279021View attachment 279022View attachment 279023View attachment 279024

Nice additions you got there Dary. I really like the hammers and the torches. I have a gold torch left. My gold hammer didn't make it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm hoping for the best,... I just wanted to get everything back to " normal" after my vacation before I ordered anything else,...So far all the torches,bubbles and hammers in the tank are holding their own. :)

Back
Top Bottom