Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
Could be...I;m not a mushroom expert but I do have several already. This one is like the best one though, I love it. In fact on the rock its on there is another one starting to grow too, don't think the guy saw that one. lol

My gut feeling is that it's a "orange ricordea"

Whatever it is its getting bigger! It only took up half the rock yesterday and now its almsot covering the full rock, its about the size of a tennis ball at least. lol

Dary421 said:
Well a tough day at black Rock,... My girl friend laura called me at 8:00 this morning to let me know that she was just in a automobile accident and that the ambulance was just arriving to take her and her daughter to the hospital to check them out,... Well, long story shortened for this post ,..the accident was not her fault ( thank goodness) , but it did totaled her car,....so after a long hour or two of waiting ,I picked them up from the hospital, ( both complaining about soreness ,..understandable) I drove her daughter to school ,Laura to the impound yard to get things out f her car ,... She said that they were very lucky to have made it thru the accident,.....BUT,....on our way home ,I asked her if it would be alright if we stopped at the LFS ( on the way home,...really!!) so I could talk to them about the new tank I wanted to get from them,... So I talked to the owner about the tank and overflows etc,..., he looked up the prices , which were reasonable for the whole setup,....soooo.,I think maybe next week or so I'm going to order the tank while I still have some $$$$ ,.... I'll be building my own stand because I really enjoy the challenge and I want to do a few things according to my wishes,....I'm so relieved that Laura and her daughter Mel made it thru ok physically ( mentally laura's on a emotional roller coaster )..... Boy,sometimes things happen way too fast .

Wow, glad she and the girl were ok, thats god looking out for them. :)

Also nice to hear youre upgrading! I havent followed this whole thread but what size tank are you going to?

carey said:
Wow, glad she and the girl were ok, thats god looking out for them. :)

Also nice to hear youre upgrading! I havent followed this whole thread but what size tank are you going to?

Thanks Cary,...I appreciate that,.... I'm getting a plexiglass 135 ,... Just figuring out what I want to do with the overflows,... I think I'm going to have one big one put in the back middle instead of one on each corner ,... Im not going to set it up til after Hawaii ( fingers crossed)

hey, the biggest step is getting the tank. Once you got that youre committed so it's only fun after that. not to mention getting back from hawaii will be a bonus, all it can do is put you in a better mood to work on your newest tank. :)

Maya said:
Dary, so glad to hear that everyone is okay. Those moments are scary.

Thank you maya... I'm sure in your previous line of work you've seen many ..., but when it hits home , yes it's very scary.... Thank you!!!!!

carey said:
hey, the biggest step is getting the tank. Once you got that youre committed so it's only fun after that. not to mention getting back from hawaii will be a bonus, all it can do is put you in a better mood to work on your newest tank. :)

... Sometimes I think I should be committed ...

Gregcoyote said:
Probably. But you could have worse hobbies, I certainly have...I use to be a aerobatic pilot and did air shows until I had my son.

Greg,.... I only wanna fly to one place ( Hawaii) and I want that pilot to fly that plane like it was a giant slug.... Can't wait to get started on this new tank,... But first I've gotta make sure laura's ok .

Dary421 said:
Greg,.... I only wanna fly to one place ( Hawaii) and I want that pilot to fly that plane like it was a giant slug.... Can't wait to get started on this new tank,... But first I've gotta make sure laura's ok .

I hope all is well. My son totaled his car last year and scared me to death. I lost my dad when I was 18 in a car wreck. Flying airplanes is safe compared to the nitwits that populate our highways these days. I hope you build a mushroom palace when you return!

Gregcoyote said:
I hope all is well. My son totaled his car last year and scared me to death. I lost my dad when I was 18 in a car wreck. Flying airplanes is safe compared to the nitwits that populate our highways these days. I hope you build a mushroom palace when you return!

Thank you Greg,...it's been quite the day !!!! Believe me when I tell you that the quicker I buy this new tank the better it'll be for my moral,,...I need ,sand, rock, plumbing etc etc etc,.... Kinda gets the mind going in other directions,....

I've been following this thread all along, and judging by the quality of your previous work and tank, I am very much looking forward to the newest inspiration that you are about to endeavor.

You have quite a beautiful contribution.

I also am very glad to hear that your loved ones are doing well.

TLTGF said:
I've been following this thread all along, and judging by the quality of your previous work and tank, I am very much looking forward to the newest inspiration that you are about to endeavor.

You have quite a beautiful contribution.

I also am very glad to hear that your loved ones are doing well.

Thank you so much !!! Every one seems to be doing well except for the jitters,... re. My up coming new tank,.. I am so fascinated by the whole marine reef keeping scene,... I think this new tank will propel me into the next plateau of coral etc.... Can't wait!!! Thank you....

ryan-peddle said:
Wow Dary can't wait for the new tank I hopefully everyone is a ok

Thanks ol'buddy.... Everything is cool at this point with Laura and Mel ,..but I think reality really took a toll on all of us today..... Mel is just getting to the point of being able to drive but today showed her that driving isn't all fun and games,..... I Can't wait to start on the new tank,..but I'm going to have to get the tank and then make the stand etc etc,....so it'll be awhile yet,..but IT'S COMING !!!!

Woow. Just read a couple of pages...really really nice tank! I like the LEDS, I bet they really do make the tank look amazing. And hey, your fish has the same profile name as me! :)

GoldieLocks1 said:
Woow. Just read a couple of pages...really really nice tank! I like the LEDS, I bet they really do make the tank look amazing. And hey, your fish has the same profile name as me! :)

Hey Goldie locks,...nice to hear from you,... I wish I could take a picture that would show the real colors under the LED's ,..truly an amazing difference from the old t5's,....I've had " goldielocks" for probably 8-9 months now , quite a little character ,... Always busy nipping on the rocks,

Back
Top Bottom