Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #1531
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs View Post
What made you decide on the mr2 btw? I keep going back and forth myself. I want to get the orca 1 but cannot find more than one review on it.
I just want to try the injection type skimmer ,tons of reviews 99% very very positive..... I Just wanna try something a little south of the pack....i personally like the looks of yours.... Sometimes ya just gotta do what YOU wanna do.. Logical or not !!!

Old 02-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #1532
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post

I just want to try the injection type skimmer ,tons of reviews 99% very very positive..... I Just wanna try something a little south of the pack....i personally like the looks of yours.... Sometimes ya just gotta do what YOU wanna do.. Logical or not !!!
Yeah I want to get a becket injection one myself, I just can't decide if the orca pro 1 is the one to get or the mr2 like you are looking at. Really want this to be the last skimmer I get for the next couple years or so and for the price it's hard to decide without having seen it run in person.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #1533
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs View Post

Yeah I want to get a becket injection one myself, I just can't decide if the orca pro 1 is the one to get or the mr2 like you are looking at. Really want this to be the last skimmer I get for the next couple years or so and for the price it's hard to decide without having seen it run in person.
The smart $$would prob go with your skimmer.,
Old 02-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #1534
Aquarium Advice Addict

Greg,..what pump did you use as your feed pump on your new skimmer and roughly how many gph ?....... I talked to a rep this am about my skimmer re pumps ,plumbing etc and ordered a blueline external pump for it ,... I already have a brand new danner mag 7 which I will use as a feed pump...... I guess I must be getting this critter after all
Old 02-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #1535
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I used my secondary loop and its Iwaki pump to provide flow to the new skimmer. I estimate it at 500 gallons an hour.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #1536
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Holy jesus. I don't go online for a week and I have a novel to read to follow up on u guys. Lol. Consumer reports should hire you guys to rate skimmers for them. A few pages ago someone mentioned getting a octopus skimmer, just a heads up the Hydor skimmer line does twice the job. My lfs has them sittin side by side running is his store ( recirculating skimmers) that are both rated for the same total volume and the Hydor literally blows it out of the water
Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #1537
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqasnatch View Post
Holy jesus. I don't go online for a week and I have a novel to read to follow up on u guys. Lol. Consumer reports should hire you guys to rate skimmers for them. A few pages ago someone mentioned getting a octopus skimmer, just a heads up the Hydor skimmer line does twice the job. My lfs has them sittin side by side running is his store ( recirculating skimmers) that are both rated for the same total volume and the Hydor literally blows it out of the water
Lol... Yeah we prob get a little wrapped up on choosing our new toys.... Im actually taking a little break from mounting a shelf under my cabinet that'll house my new skimmer when i finally order it. .,i'll be making a couple of little doors that will cover up the top half of the skimmer/ collection cup etc so you won't be able to see it from the couch.
I really think everyone here ., greg, Keith and myself have each chosen a nice unit that they'll be proud of for quite sometime...Doug's monster jns skimmer is another beautiful unit but my tank or Keith's would never be able to handle such a behemoth skimmer.
I guess you do your research., pay your money and kick back and see what happens.., here again ., im sure there's a million skimmers out there and they will all work just fine..,just pick the one that looks right for YOU and don't look back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3782616809.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	149982  
Old 02-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #1538
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Good to hear the review on the hydor skimmer. It has worked perfectly since setup this weekend. Italian engineering isn't too bad.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #1539
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
Good to hear the review on the hydor skimmer. It has worked perfectly since setup this weekend. Italian engineering isn't too bad.
I've seen good things with those Hydor skimmers, I think that is my next choice. Which is funny cause right now I am also using a red sea skimmer 1800
Old 02-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #1540
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I have them running side by side and so far there isn't much of a contest.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com