Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #1551
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pressure pumps are radial flow pumps. Water comes in the middle and then 'radiates' outward to the discharge section via inertia created when the vanes spin the water.
Circulation pumps are axial flow pumps. Water travels into the pumps axis and is accelerated by the impeller blades.
The types of vanes on axial and radial impellers are completely different.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #1552
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingy View Post
Pressure pumps are radial flow pumps. Water comes in the middle and then 'radiates' outward to the discharge section via inertia created when the vanes spin the water.
Circulation pumps are axial flow pumps. Water travels into the pumps axis and is accelerated by the impeller blades.
The types of vanes on axial and radial impellers are completely different.
Thanks Ingy ,...I just googled it and I know a heck of a lot more about the differences between the two pumps than I did this morning !!!!

Old 02-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #1553
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post

Thanks Ingy ,...I just googled it and I know a heck of a lot more about the differences between the two pumps than I did this morning !!!!
Does that mean you are going to become dangerous now?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #1554
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post

Does that mean you are going to become dangerous now?
Yes It does .... I'm caught in a time warp,... Somewhere between " the young and the restless " to the old and the senseless,...glad to see you back Buffster , hope you're healing well.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #1555
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Yes I does .... I'm caught a time warp,... Somewhere between " the young and the restless " to the old and the senseless,...glad to see you back Buffster , hope you're healing well.
I am back here and there. Healing is going good just way too slow. Didn't realize how heavy my head is with lack of muscles. They are coming back tho cause 2 qts of water 2x a day for tank top off is getting easier lol.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #1556
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great news ,(...at least for me,).... I finally got to push the button this morning and ordered my new skimmer!!! Yesterday I ordered some assorted plumbing parts and pieces and last week ordered my blueline pump,....now comes the hard part,....waiting!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #1557
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Great news ,(...at least for me,).... I finally got to push the button this morning and ordered my new skimmer!!! Yesterday I ordered some assorted plumbing parts and pieces and last week ordered my blueline pump,....now comes the hard part,....waiting!
Congrats. I have had my skimmer in the cart ready to check out three times thus week but then reality hits and I talk myself into waiting........only to then order corals :P
Old 02-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #1558
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs View Post

Congrats. I have had my skimmer in the cart ready to check out three times thus week but then reality hits and I talk myself into waiting........only to then order corals :P
Thanks Keith , whew !!!,.... The way I look at it ,..if you've spent as much time as you have (and myself) looking at these skimmers and actually put them into the cart etc,...then just go ahead and order the #*^# thing ,..you're going to do it anyway and it's only going to help the corals in the long run,... I won't tell the mrs. ...... I really like your skimmer btw..... It'll be interesting to compare performances down the line :-/
Old 02-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #1559
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

This Hydor 2500 has been on line for a week now. Best skimmer I have ever had.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #1560
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
This Hydor 2500 has been on line for a week now. Best skimmer I have ever had.
I really never had a doubt after seeing it,... I never realized how unreliable a skimmer could be until I owned the red sea 1800 and on the other hand my bubble magus 180 ex has Been a "set it and forget it " skimmer and has run flawlessly ,. Hopefully my new mrc mr- 2r will be as good as the reviews say,...hopefully, all the parts and pieces will be here this week and we can get started.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com