Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 02-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #1551
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Ingy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Comox, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,837
Pressure pumps are radial flow pumps. Water comes in the middle and then 'radiates' outward to the discharge section via inertia created when the vanes spin the water.
Circulation pumps are axial flow pumps. Water travels into the pumps axis and is accelerated by the impeller blades.
The types of vanes on axial and radial impellers are completely different.
__________________

__________________
Ingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #1552
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Dary421's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego,ca
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingy View Post
Pressure pumps are radial flow pumps. Water comes in the middle and then 'radiates' outward to the discharge section via inertia created when the vanes spin the water.
Circulation pumps are axial flow pumps. Water travels into the pumps axis and is accelerated by the impeller blades.
The types of vanes on axial and radial impellers are completely different.
Thanks Ingy ,...I just googled it and I know a heck of a lot more about the differences between the two pumps than I did this morning !!!!
__________________

__________________
Dary421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #1553
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Weston, WI
Posts: 1,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post

Thanks Ingy ,...I just googled it and I know a heck of a lot more about the differences between the two pumps than I did this morning !!!!
Does that mean you are going to become dangerous now?
__________________
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:19 PM   #1554
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Dary421's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego,ca
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post

Does that mean you are going to become dangerous now?
Yes It does .... I'm caught in a time warp,... Somewhere between " the young and the restless " to the old and the senseless,...glad to see you back Buffster , hope you're healing well.
__________________
Dary421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #1555
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Weston, WI
Posts: 1,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post

Yes I does .... I'm caught a time warp,... Somewhere between " the young and the restless " to the old and the senseless,...glad to see you back Buffster , hope you're healing well.
I am back here and there. Healing is going good just way too slow. Didn't realize how heavy my head is with lack of muscles. They are coming back tho cause 2 qts of water 2x a day for tank top off is getting easier lol.
__________________
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef;

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #1556
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Dary421's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego,ca
Posts: 2,716
Great news ,(...at least for me,).... I finally got to push the button this morning and ordered my new skimmer!!! Yesterday I ordered some assorted plumbing parts and pieces and last week ordered my blueline pump,....now comes the hard part,....waiting!
__________________
Dary421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #1557
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Keithhjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
Great news ,(...at least for me,).... I finally got to push the button this morning and ordered my new skimmer!!! Yesterday I ordered some assorted plumbing parts and pieces and last week ordered my blueline pump,....now comes the hard part,....waiting!
Congrats. I have had my skimmer in the cart ready to check out three times thus week but then reality hits and I talk myself into waiting........only to then order corals :P
__________________
Keithhjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #1558
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Dary421's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego,ca
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs View Post

Congrats. I have had my skimmer in the cart ready to check out three times thus week but then reality hits and I talk myself into waiting........only to then order corals :P
Thanks Keith , whew !!!,.... The way I look at it ,..if you've spent as much time as you have (and myself) looking at these skimmers and actually put them into the cart etc,...then just go ahead and order the #*^# thing ,..you're going to do it anyway and it's only going to help the corals in the long run,... I won't tell the mrs. ...... I really like your skimmer btw..... It'll be interesting to compare performances down the line :-/
__________________
Dary421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #1559
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,259
This Hydor 2500 has been on line for a week now. Best skimmer I have ever had.
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #1560
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Dary421's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego,ca
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
This Hydor 2500 has been on line for a week now. Best skimmer I have ever had.
I really never had a doubt after seeing it,... I never realized how unreliable a skimmer could be until I owned the red sea 1800 and on the other hand my bubble magus 180 ex has Been a "set it and forget it " skimmer and has run flawlessly ,. Hopefully my new mrc mr- 2r will be as good as the reviews say,...hopefully, all the parts and pieces will be here this week and we can get started.
__________________

__________________
Dary421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.