Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well,..my new tank setup has officially broken ground,...I stopped by home depot on my way home today and bought a bunch of lumber to start on my new tanks stand on Monday and Tuesday ( days off ).... I also drove down to the lfs and officially ordered my new tank with the center overflow, all the bulk head fittings etc and left a 50% deposit !!!! .... The owner said that he's 99% sure that the tank will be here next Wednesday .
Laura as we speak has taken temporary custody of my van for a day or two and is on her way to pickup documentation from the calif hiway patrol,..so now I'm without a car,...( got motorcycle) .. She was rather nervous about getting behind the wheel again after yesterday's accident,.I told her that if you fall off the horse ya gotta get right back on it again,......problem is it's now MY HORSE ( van) she's testing out my theory with.
I have my fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly with her and my van,.... but anyhow, the new tank is going to be quite the project., I'm will not attempt to fill it or transfer anything from my other tank until I get back from Hawaii so I have a lot of planning and supplies to gather before then,...kinda exciting to get to start things over and maybe redo the mistakes you made in the first time out.... :- ) "..... And away we go"

slitherbomb said:
You're too lucky. I would've loved to make my own stand and everything lol

Lucky I'm not,... Dumb I am,..but I do enjoy the " hands on" experience ,...

Ricksreef said:
Watch out Dary ,you are becoming the West Coast Carey.LOL

Nope... I'm a one tank guy only !!! .... I have no interest what so ever in having multiple tanks,.... :) I figure if I can't get it right with one tank then im not going to get it right by having 3-4-5 or more tanks,...lol,...I just needed a " bigger" tank for more junk that's all....

Dary421 said:
Nope... I'm a one tank guy only !!! .... I have no interest what so ever in having multiple tanks,.... :) I figure if I can't get it right with one tank then im not going to get it right by having 3-4-5 or more tanks,...lol,...I just needed a " bigger" tank for more junk that's all....

You don't keep a qt?

Just wondering cause lately I've been getting interested in mushrooms, if they do start to spread and I want to move them or take them out of the tank for any reason, is it hard to get them off the lr? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I just know nothing about them or much about corals and I've heard people super glue coral frags

Just wondering cause lately I've been getting interested in mushrooms, if they do start to spread and I want to move them or take them out of the tank for any reason, is it hard to get them off the lr? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I just know nothing about them or much about corals and I've heard people super glue coral frags
its not like youre going to wake up one morning and theyre in your living room looking for your cat,....fast growing is a realitive term.... a razor blade could be used to snip one off a rock,... yes,superglue can be used to glue them to a frag or rock,.... i think the beauty of a mushroom colony is to just let'em go and do their thing,...some of mine are loose and ill just put them into a indentation in a rock and theyll just kinda suck themselves into it,....kinda fascinating little critters to watch....hope you get some!

Oh okay, I just think I'm gonna get some soon but I don't want them to cover all the lr before I get a chance to buy more coral lol but there are some really nice purple ones at my lfs and I've seen some realty cool looking ones in some of the pics here

Dbrown4u said:
Oh okay, I just think I'm gonna get some soon but I don't want them to cover all the lr before I get a chance to buy more coral lol but there are some really nice purple ones at my lfs and I've seen some realty cool looking ones in some of the pics here

You can't go wrong with mushrooms IMO

Dary421 said:
ive been running a 75 gallon tank but the new one will be a 135 ,..more room to put more stuff

Nice bigger is always better lol

Dbrown4u said:
I saw...I wanted...I bought lol

Good for you,... As a rule,..place them low in the tank,...subdued lighting and lower water flow,...and they should be happy ....

Back
Top Bottom