Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-18-2011, 08:38 PM   #151
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitherbomb
Do you have any crabs or snails in there?
Just a few Nassarius ( sp.) snails because they live in the sand bed ..any other snails or crab like things are eaten very quickly... I guess that's just the price you gotta pay to have a triggerfish :-/

Old 07-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #152
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's too bad... I really wanted one

Old 07-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #153
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
That's too bad... I really wanted one
I'd love to have some fancy crabs and shrimps in there myself but.....as of now the triggers win,.....maybe if I ever lose the triggers then I'll add the crabs etc...., but the triggers are a real trip to intermingle with,...more like having a couple of mischievous puppys than fish
Old 07-19-2011, 10:31 AM   #154
Aquarium Advice Addict

I might get one anyways. People say that my snowflake eel will DEFINITELY eat my shrimp and crabs, yet they are all still there. I do know though that it would suck to lose one of my $20 cleaner shrimp....
Old 07-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #155
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I might get one anyways. People say that my snowflake eel will DEFINITELY eat my shrimp and crabs, yet they are all still there. I do know though that it would suck to lose one of my $20 cleaner shrimp....
...kinda hard to say,.. IMO ,I think the trigger would be relentless in it's pursuit until he has eaten the shrimp..but,I've heard that some people actually have shrimp and triggerfish that live in harmony together , I think it just depends on the triggerfish himself,..tough call and a big gamble,.. Good luck
Old 07-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #156
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well today ( .. As far as I'm concerned ) was a big day for me and my reef build... I got my box this afternoon containing my neon blue zoa rock , my green centered button polyps rock clump, a $17 mystery coral bag and my first ever green brain coral., the cool thing about this brain coral is that it was fastened to an old brain coral skeleton thus making it feasible to wedge it into a little rock crevice off the bottom without harming the coral itself.., as you can probably tell the polyps are just starting to open up as they've only been in the tank for a short time.. The brain coral's color really illuminates the tank and beckons for attention... Hopefully all will go well and all these new additions will flourish ..., maybe tomorrow I'll take some "after" pictures.., hope the pics are ok
Old 07-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #157
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Wow Dary... Looking great! Congrats on the new additions to the family. It's coming along by leaps and bounds.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #158
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya
Wow Dary... Looking great! Congrats on the new additions to the family. It's coming along by leaps and bounds.
Thanks Maya ,....that neon colored brain coral really added some snap !! ... Slowly but surely I'm bringing a little bit of Hawaii back into my living room,...got a Hawaiian trip all paid for leaving in September ,..( can't wait!) I think I'll be paying a lot more attention to the corals and the micro world when I go snorkeling on this trip then in previous ones......got a long way to go with the tank but little by little I'll get there.,..thanks,
Old 07-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #159
Aquarium Advice Freak

Pictures!!! So excited for you, Dary! The brain looks very cool with that neon green color. Can't wait for the polyps to open up. Some seem greenish too? Coolness!
The only thing I thought I'd mention, it seems from one of the pics that some of your zoas are very close to a hammer coral. If so, they may not like it since hammers can sting.

My congratulations on your new corals! Your tank will soon look gorgeous!
1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #160
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
nice looking tank i got some green ricordia mushrooms coming tomorrow where do you place yours bottom? middle? thanks ahead of time

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Blank canvas | - »