Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use to dive with a Agha mask. I loved it and this new snorkeling mask is just as nice. Say hi to my little tang friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474734952.866289.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474735004.733456.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474735116.829905.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474735155.890584.jpg as I said earlier ,it was rather murky so I only took very few pics...

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474734952.866289.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474734952.866289.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 69
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474735681.836235.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474735731.407571.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474735762.159276.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474736007.798514.jpg sorry if there's a duplicate photo here but i only had the camera with me for a very very short time and took just a handful of pics, tough to remember what pics I chose to upload

Nah,..just nice to see em, they aren't very weary of you at all, some of the fishes like the humu's seem to not trust your motives and spook , the little wrasses,damsels etc couldn't care less if you were there or not .... parrot fish attitudes seem to depend on the individual fish ,sometimes they scoot and others just seem to go about their business BUT the one thing about yellow tangs up close and personal is how heathy,content and flawless they look .,life must be good for them out here .,it is for me :)

It's a mind trip and eye candy rolled together in one .... can't wait to get out there and do it again

I've never been diving. Hopefully one day, maybe soon? Always wanted to go to Australia.

Well,..back home again to civilization (?) ... right b4 I left I reset up one of my wifi cameras across the room to keep an eye on my tank just in case I wanted to peer in from time to time just to see what was happening ,... ( set that up with thanks to greg ) brother joe was doing a good job with everything until one day when I logged in and noticed that the lights were off at a strange time ,I had joe come over to ck things out and while I was watching the streaming video in Hawaii, I discovered that somehow the circuit for the tank had been tripped and the tank was dead ,..as I'm sure most of you know that have a large tank with every conceivable pump light. Reactor etc hooked up to the circuit it'll be pretty difficult to totally analyze things when there's a zillion wires and cables going everywhere when you're thousands of miles away ,.... I had joe reset the breaker and everything powered up and started running again,... upon arriving home the timers were off and had to be readjusted ,an easy fix ,...the one thing that I did find out of wack was my mp40 had stopped running and was flashing that dreaded green and red light ,... I removed the unit and throughly cleaned it up with our miracle tank solution " white vinegar " and reassembled everything and it powered up and is running fine , everything else seems as normal,..what tripped the breaker ??? I have no idea BUT , thank God I had that camera ease dropping on my tank!!
The last afternoon of my trip I was sitting on the Lanai watching the wave and beach conditions in front of the condo and decided that I was going to take a quick splash and go and see if that new mask worked the second time like it did the first time . The tide and the waves needed to be right to have the access to snorkel and she was, the mask proved once again to be outstanding ! No leaks ,no runs,no errors ,...the underwater world was full of large schools of big yellow tangs and a variety of other fish ,... that kind of capped off my trip for me,.. the under sea world is alive and thriving in Kona ,.... can't wait to get back there again .

Yes, except for the return pump from the sump ,... maybe readjusting that a little now

Glad you had a great time and sorry for your power outage. It's a good thing you had the camera and the means to check things out. That was nice of Greg to help you out so you could check on the tank....That mask sounds really awesome. I may have to invest in one next time I go to Hawaii. Although have no idea when that will be.

Glad you had a great time and sorry for your power outage. It's a good thing you had the camera and the means to check things out. That was nice of Greg to help you out so you could check on the tank....That mask sounds really awesome. I may have to invest in one next time I go to Hawaii. Although have no idea when that will be.

Thanks barb,.. it was 4-5 years ago when greg suggested I get a camera to watch my tank while I was away ,.. he has cameras set up his tank and After i got a glimpse of his operation, I decided it would be a valuable asset for mine also,... and it just paid for itself ten fold .
After being home for a couple of days now and watching the tank like a hawk I discovered that it would run normally for hours then suddenly shut itself down ,..upon resetting the cfi breaker it would power up and run flawlessly for awhile then suddenly shut down again,... hmmmmm...Aha !! I tracked it down to my heater element going out causing the shutdown. I unplugged the heater and the the tank has been running without a hitch ,.. I remember now that a few years back the same thing happened when the heater went bad ,seems like the pattern is about 3 years out of a heater . I have a new one on the way already so the tank critters might have the shivers for a couple of days or so while the new one is in route.
I have one more camera that I had previously purchased back then that I'm going to reinstall again maybe showing the wall of switches ,temp gauge ,mp40 display etc . I got it so I might as well hook it back up again.

I just ponied up for a Biorb heater. Crazy money. But hoping I am saved from this sort of issue down the road. It's polycarb, not glass. A girl can dream.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1475256494.158778.jpg

I just ponied up for a Biorb heater. Crazy money. But hoping I am saved from this sort of issue down the road. It's polycarb, not glass. A girl can dream.

View attachment 289657

Hey tmaier ... crazy money I think is everything in this hobby as you prob already know !!! Your heater looks interesting ,... my heater element hooks (plugs ) into a central controller ... i need a 1000 watt heater to take care of this unit ,.. I've always bought the titanium sealed (?) units , I guess if you can get a few years out of $80 bucks or so it's an ok deal :-/ ,.... btw what's your first name ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom