Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool,... hope it works for you as advertised ,... I'm pretty excited about seeing how they perform over the long run ,...was this a Xmas present ?

If it is, it's to myself lol...I have a nice handful of other aquarium goodies coming my way though. Really excited about the innovative marine grazer and defroster...an actual drip acclimation tube rather than tying loose knots in airline tubing...all I can really think of.

QIMG_1159.jpg I think I'm ready canister wise for the long run :) ... what's the grazer gizmo ? ...oops ,re grazer ,.duh ? I got one already just didn't know that's what it was called

Last edited:
Gourmet Grazer - Auqa Gadget - Innovative Marine - Bulk Reef Supply
This guy. I think I'll like it, but don't think that it'll hold up long run and probably crack around the magnet.

EDIT: Also nice to see you have a TDS meter on that thing. I just ordered one to go with it from BRS.

Mine have lasted almost a year now. The grazer and defroster work perfectly. The grinder is a bit iffy. The hinge on the grazer is the kind that can take millions of bends. It shows no sign of wearing out.

I agree with greg ,... ( I do own one ) I bought one after greg mentioned it months ago ,...nice gizmo and bullet proof . Re tds meter ,... my new meter that I'm installing as a replacement hasn't arrived yet ,.. I'll use a combo of meters on this unit

Hank. Today I decided to follow your lead and ordered a few urchins and some cleanup critters ,... the last time I tried a clean up crew I had the humuhumu's who thought I was tossing them lunch. It was neat to see'um eat but it wasn't neat to see all the $$$$ desolve before your eyes ,... no matter how many times you yell at a triggerfish NOT to eat your snails and crabs it doesn't do any good , they don't listen :-/ ..... I've never tried keeping an urchin so any suggestions would be appreciated ,...fingers crossed

Treat them like a coral. Stable parameters and it'll be fine. See it start shedding spines like crazy and nitrates are out of whack. A couple coming here or there is normal though. Just wait til you see the odd little balls in the tank they leave in their wake...I assume it's urchin poop.

Back
Top Bottom