Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #1721
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
It's 50 here. was out in a T-shirt and jeans a little while ago..

Old 03-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #1722
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
It's 50 here. was out in a T-shirt and jeans a little while ago..
It was full on sunscreen yesterday on the water ,... But Still got half baked anyways ,... Pretty much shorts everyday now.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #1723
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
I gotta move.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #1724
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Okay...okay. I hear this from my Phoenix and California relatives all the time. Some of us have to live in the middle of the country. At least it's sunny today.
Dary, I would have been tempted to keep those starfish! Is it even legal? If you can catch a fish, seems catching a starfish is collateral damage? That is one organism the ocean doesn't seem to be running short of.

Feeding nori to my adult engineer gobies. Didn't even realize until now they liked it. They will eat anything.

Decided against the calcium reactor. Totaled up the cost of the raw chemicals I use for Cal/Alk/Mag dosing and they come to very little money. If I was buying the B-Ionic two part as I did for almost two decades, it would be different. As X said, I think adjusting my doser is easier than tweaking a reactor.guess I will stick to what was working.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #1725
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
Okay...okay. I hear this from my Phoenix and California relatives all the time. Some of us have to live in the middle of the country. At least it's sunny today.
Dary, I would have been tempted to keep those starfish! Is it even legal? If you can catch a fish, seems catching a starfish is collateral damage? That is one organism the ocean doesn't seem to be running short of.

Feeding nori to my adult engineer gobies. Didn't even realize until now they liked it. They will eat anything.

Decided against the calcium reactor. Totaled up the cost of the raw chemicals I use for Cal/Alk/Mag dosing and they come to very little money. If I was buying the B-Ionic two part as I did for almost two decades, it would be different. As X said, I think adjusting my doser is easier than tweaking a reactor.guess I will stick to what was working.
Can't argue with the success of you or X. Proof is in the pudding. Beautiful reefs you guys sure got.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #1726
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hey Dary
whats new havent been on here in a long ol time had to change my username do to creeps out there buts it me ryan-peddle how is your tank going?
Old 03-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #1727
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barterking85 View Post
Hey Dary
whats new havent been on here in a long ol time had to change my username do to creeps out there buts it me ryan-peddle how is your tank going?
Hey Ryan,..I was thinking about you the other week when I was putting together my add on cabinet for my tank,... I was laughing to myself thinking that Ryan would be shaking his head saying " what are you doing .? Let me do that ! "
No worries, it came out pretty good anyhow.,rustic early American lobster trap or as my girl friend says " weather beaten distressed driftwood.,..tank wise everything seems to be going ok,..lose a little here on something and gain something else over there,..but overall it's good.
We 're starting to get a little busy at work with some fish biting and being spring break for some doesn't hurt us either,..hopefully,it'll be a good spring and summer for us in the fishing industry this year.
I'm really glad you stopped by here and said hi,!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #1728
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's been a little boring around here tank wise lately , no new toys or livestock., The cabinet extension completed ( for now ), no leaks ., no breaks no mishaps, nothing!
I took a couple of pictures this am to send to my brother which ill share with you for lack of excitement.
The only thing ., which I've brought up before is to find some kind of algae eating snails which will survive with my triggerfish.... Probably like throwing a box of chocolates into a room full of fat ladies and not having them eaten ( no offense to the robust intended ) just using that as an analogy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1547020428.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	166202   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2267194726.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	166203  

Name:	image-3809508386.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	166204   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3816309219.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	166205  

Name:	image-930234790.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	166206   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-649744704.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	166207  

Old 04-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #1729
Aquarium Advice Addict

Everything looks healthy and beautiful. Keep up the excellent work! You've got some great pieces there.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #1730
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

You might have read that I broke down and added a blue jaw trigger to my reef. So far so good.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Blank canvas | - »