Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so what is the updated stock list?
Being your own worst enemy can go both ways. Having a maroon clown and purple tang in my 55 is a stretch of my abilities. Didn't stop me from trying to get a yellow eye kole in there. Didn't make it.

The powder blue tang so far will not feed out the new hinged blue nori holder ,so I've been using the old standby clip with a suction cup ,... once I put some nori in it it's like a shark feeding frenzy , the fox face ,scopace tang ,the lawn mower blennies. The 6 line wrasse and of course the powder blue all attacking it at once via their pecking order .
It's really Nice to see,!! ..I'm glad I bought a bunch of extra nori on sale last week.

You have a gourmet grazer too Dary? What I noticed is that it takes a bit of time for the tangs to figure out what it is. If you want to only use the grazer, only put nori into the grazer. It'll figure it out and sometimes hunger is the best spice.

You have a gourmet grazer too Dary? What I noticed is that it takes a bit of time for the tangs to figure out what it is. If you want to only use the grazer, only put nori into the grazer. It'll figure it out and sometimes hunger is the best spice.

The gourmet grazer is on one side of the tank filled with nori,..the scopace has been using it for months , the fox face within an hour of being introduce into the big tank ,..the pbt just hasn't got yet ,prob thinks it's forbidden territory,... no worries , just cool to see it munching so good no matter where it is

I stopped down at the lfs on my way home from work today to let mike know how the pbt he got for me was doing , he was extremely happy to hear that everything was totally cool , he said that he just ordered another one for another customer and was hoping to hear from me for some feedback ,.. he really didn't have any frags that I just couldn't live without this week, so off to the house I went with visions of adult beverages in my head :)

Last edited:
"I've adjusted it to watch "catfish Charlie" tear the place apart while I'm at work"

LOL. One of those huh? Glad the tang is doing good for you though!

Everyone at work wants to watch catfish Charlie via the video camera run back in forth,...the other day we heard something crashing out of camera view ,...oh great !!! This morning he was eyeing the aquarium as he ran by ,... oh oh ,...he's pretty sneaky so I know he's up to something ., each morning I make sure all the doors around the tank are closed up and locked

Dary, I know how you feel. My German Shepherd pup named Blade (yes after the vampire hunter played by Wesley Snipes) will be 4 years old in June and still acts the puppy. A 97 lb puppy. [emoji15]

Years ago I was watching Laura's house while she was visiting her daughter in Colorado ,.she had two huge dogs each about 80-100 lbs each,..the dogs had free reign of the back outside yard and the house thru a modified sliding screen door. ( they modified it themselves ) ...I guess the dogs would have anxiety attacks when no one was there to keep them company ,..after work I'd drop by to ck up on them ,feed them get the mail etc,.you never knew what to expect when you opened the door, one day they had a pile of half eaten shoes ,clothing and pillows,...another day they had a tree branch that they drug thru the door ,BUT the topper was when I showed up after work and her street was flooded,..OMG it couldn't be ,..yup ,they broke off a outside faucet and flooded her yard and the street too !!! I remember my phone call to laura saying I've got good news and bad news ,...the bad news is the dogs broke off a faucet and flooded the neighborhood,..the good news is that you won't have to water your lawn for the next 6 months !!!' I guess I should feel blessed that catfish Charlie hasn't gone completely bananas yet , but I just don't like the way he's been eyeing the aquarium when I'm not there ,.hopefully, he's just eyeing the fish and not planning a devious plot

I decided that today was the day to change out the gfo and the carbon during my weekly pwc,.. seeing that it's been about a month since I cleaned out the ats I figure I better do that too,...wow !!! I think it works !!! IMG_0835.JPG

I decided that today was the day to change out the gfo and the carbon during my weekly pwc,.. seeing that it's been about a month since I cleaned out the ats I figure I better do that too,...wow !!! I think it works !!! View attachment 295969

That's a lot of algae on that screen. I'm glad it's working good. I will be adding a DIY algae scrubber to my system in the near future.

That's a cute story about the dogs. It's amazing how much trouble they can get into when no one is around. I have a tiny toy poodle and she never gets into anything when I'm not around. She waits until I'm home and then tries to tear up her bed hiding her toys in it. She is an excellent folder to. She will fold up her toy in my blanket. She is so funny to watch. Here is a picture of her.

Attachments

• IMG_0746.JPG
    IMG_0746.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 61
Nice little doggie.., my other dog scruffy never bothered anything when no one was around but catfish Charlie is a whole different cat ., I have to put everything up on shelves etc before I leave and then you gotta wonder if he'll figure out a way to get up there too ... my icecap video camera that I ordered a couple weeks ago has moved all over the country and somehow managed to get stuck in Vernon calif . They put out a " lost package " claim and started an investigation as to its whereabouts.., meanwhile , I guess I just gotta wait and see what happens... frustrating !!

Hey Dary, I've been away from the forum a while and just went through several pages of your thread, awesome tank and stock, it's a very cool setup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome back !!! You'd think after all these years I'd get this thing right but it seems like every day's another adventure ,..lm still finding the hobby totally fascinating !!

Well, long story but I'll try and make it small ,.. I've kinda neglected my tank the last few days cuz I found my mom (93) collapsed on her floor at 2:30 am the other day ,..paramedics ,fire truck and the whole bit,...been a trying time to say the least ,.. she's been in icu but as of today she seems to have turned the corner and told one of the nurses " I decided I wasn't going to go yet ! " cracked up the whole room ,...but I did finally get my little icecap underwater video camera ,..setup is pretty easy ,accessibility is good but the picture quality as of thus point kinda sucks ,I'll continue playing around with it but if you're on the fence about buying one ,jump off the fence and wait

Back
Top Bottom