Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #1731
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
You might have read that I broke down and added a blue jaw trigger to my reef. So far so good.
Yes I did...., from what I understand they aren't near as destructive or aggressive as some are ( mine :-/ )... But I'm sure with the amount of live stock and coral you have in your setup you're watching him 7/24 ... Got my fingers crossed !!
Keith., thank you,...how's the urge going for the orca ? .... And how's your dog doing?

Old 04-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #1732
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post

Yes I did...., from what I understand they aren't near as destructive or aggressive as some are ( mine :-/ )... But I'm sure with the amount of live stock and coral you have in your setup you're watching him 7/24 ... Got my fingers crossed !!
Keith., thank you,...how's the urge going for the orca ? .... And how's your dog doing?
So far he's a real chicken. Eats but hides most of the time. He's one of the biggest fish in my reef, but gets pushed around by fish half his size.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #1733
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post

Dog is pretty much back to normal, just starting to act more like a senior dog now lol, thanks for asking. The orca plans are on long term hold for now although I did see a posting on eBay for the orca 2 but it didn't quite look right. After contacting the seller it is actually an orca 250. Still a nice skimmer but an older model and I would rather just wait and get the one I want (albeit no time soon).
Old 04-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #1734
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

So far he's a real chicken. Eats but hides most of the time. He's one of the biggest fish in my reef, but gets pushed around by fish half his size.
Remember that he's the new kid on the block in a whole new world and is probably frightened and a little shy and intimidated at this point,.... I wonder if after a length of time if he'll start feeling more relaxed in his new environment and will start venturing out more and then start flexing his mussels a little bit,.... I would really love to hear how he's doing in time.......he's a lucky dog to have such a great tank to live in,..I hope he appreciates it.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #1735
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Good luck with him. Post a pic when u can
Old 04-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #1736
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well Dary ol bud I looked back at your progress and you get a standing ovation from this cabinet maker. I love the distressed look and the batton style doors (spacing between the boards) I would add some braided rope(picture attached) in the spaces between the boards might not be your style but it would make it look even more nautical IMO. Either way great job and your tank looks amazing as always. Nice addition to your equipment as well. We are on day 15 of fishing season here in Nova Scotia so back to the river i go lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	XXX_002.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	167700  
Old 04-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #1737
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barterking85 View Post
Well Dary ol bud I looked back at your progress and you get a standing ovation from this cabinet maker. I love the distressed look and the batton style doors (spacing between the boards) I would add some braided rope(picture attached) in the spaces between the boards might not be your style but it would make it look even more nautical IMO. Either way great job and your tank looks amazing as always. Nice addition to your equipment as well. We are on day 15 of fishing season here in Nova Scotia so back to the river i go lol.
Wow,...hearing the compliments from you re.the cabinet build is like having Doug , Greg or Jacques Cousteau saying your tank looks great ! Thank you,.... The reason I wanted to go with the " baton" style was three fold,...first and foremost it was because of the " early American lobster trap " look I was going for but I also wanted to be able to peer thru the cracks while watching tv to see any warning lights,temperature display etc without having to open up the doors and also for ventilation
It's far from perfect but it'll do nicely for what I have going ,...thank you Ryan.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #1738
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Dary, where do you live? Would like to meet you someday.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #1739
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Dary, where do you live? Would like to meet you someday.
Lol,...about a year ago my boss and some friends were getting together for dinner and drinks ,..we told " Robert" that we were all looking forward to meeting his wife Lynn ,.. Without hesitation he looked at us with a puzzled look and asked " why???" ,...it cracked us all up.
Im flattered but " why?"...... My mom always said " don't wish for something too hard because it might just come true "
Btw ,...California
Old 04-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #1740
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

That's a hoot. But reef people are like pilots or divers, we always have something to talk about.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Blank canvas | - »