Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #1761
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
I run the AC all day here in the summer!

Old 05-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #1762
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea the chiller was more cost effective for me...I used to live in Tucson and tried a summer there without a cooler in my year of my tank and lost pretty much all coral so had to get a chiller

Old 05-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #1763
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
I run the AC all day here in the summer!
So i assume you do not run a chiller on your tank and rely on your ac / heater to keep the temp stable ?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #1764
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Yes. Mainly because I like a cool house when I get home and I also don't want to cook my dog while I'm at work.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #1765
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
Yes. Mainly because I like a cool house when I get home and I also don't want to cook my dog while I'm at work.
So out of curiosity ,what do you normally have the ac set for and whats the normal tank temp you try to maintain?
Old 05-03-2013, 12:06 AM   #1766
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

How did you handle temp swings using MH lighting in the past? I had to buy a chiller almost day one years ago because the MH lights would cook the tank. I'm on my third one on this reef.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #1767
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hope your Gf recovers quick. We too are having the heat up north of you Dary and I haven't purchased a chiller for the frag room yet. Was waiting for my wholesale account to become active and it just so happened to be today. Found out though they only have Aqua Euro (anyone use those got feedback?) chillers up to 1/4 hp. I was hoping to get a 1/3 hp but oh well. Now I just need time off work to go there and get it lol. Hope the beer stays cold for ya and the weather gets more comfortable!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #1768
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs View Post
Hope your Gf recovers quick. We too are having the heat up north of you Dary and I haven't purchased a chiller for the frag room yet. Was waiting for my wholesale account to become active and it just so happened to be today. Found out though they only have Aqua Euro (anyone use those got feedback?) chillers up to 1/4 hp. I was hoping to get a 1/3 hp but oh well. Now I just need time off work to go there and get it lol. Hope the beer stays cold for ya and the weather gets more comfortable!
re.gf...thanks keith,...she's moving very slowly,..poor thing it's tough watching her in pain ,...but i think the worst is behind her.
i know that the chillers can be a costly little investment upfront but as everyones weather heats up as stated itll pay for itself in no time,...kind of nice to know its working even when you're not around to watch it. it's all about piece of mind.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #1769
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
re.gf...thanks keith,...she's moving very slowly,..poor thing it's tough watching her in pain ,...but i think the worst is behind her.
i know that the chillers can be a costly little investment upfront but as everyones weather heats up as stated itll pay for itself in no time,...kind of nice to know its working even when you're not around to watch it. it's all about piece of mind.
Yeah keeping the corals at a steady temp really helps. I installed one on my DT last year and I really like that brand and style. Was hoping to get another but probably will go with the AE for now. What brand do you use?
Old 05-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #1770
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs View Post

Yeah keeping the corals at a steady temp really helps. I installed one on my DT last year and I really like that brand and style. Was hoping to get another but probably will go with the AE for now. What brand do you use?
Keith,..I've got the jbj artica,..I had it for a while now and it runs extremely quiet and works like a charm,.....I really don't know if it's really any better or worse than others but for about $600 I would imagine its pretty decent.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com