Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMG_1472.jpgIMG_1471.jpgIMG_1467.jpg just trying to get a picture or two of the three amigos ... the scopace tang, foxface and my buddy the powder blue tang .... amazing how well they've taken to one another

I love the scopace tangs ... very personable ... those big black eyes always reminded me of ' Bambi '

Didn't Quint in Jaws describe the shark as:

"Black eyes, lifeless eyes." I like all tangs. But the Scopace is a easy one to have.
boy that musta been one BIG scopace tang !!!! ....didn't he say right after that ..." i think we need a bigger tank" ? :lol:

I have a scopace tang he's a bully he constantly picks on my Vlamingi tang and he's 3x the size , this jerk also killed my clown tang

I added pulsing xeina today nice piece but my 2 large damsels won't leave it alone so I put my 12 net over it till they chill any idea why there eating it , had another a while back they mowed that one down in less than a day . if I could catch these 2 they would be homed with my trigger he would put them in there place

Last edited:
Wow ... mine has never lifted a fin toward his other tank mates ... must be a combination of events that causes one to turn into a killer , when I added my foxface and powder blue I was really nervous but they never have showed any aggression toward each other ... maybe just lucky ?

I have a scopace tang he's a bully he constantly picks on my Vlamingi tang and he's 3x the size , this jerk also killed my clown tang

I added pulsing xeina today nice piece but my 2 large damsels won't leave it alone so I put my 12 net over it till they chill any idea why there eating it , had another a while back they mowed that one down in less than a day . if I could catch these 2 they would be homed with my trigger he would put them in there place

Back when I had my triggers that was a whole new scenario , they were vicious towards just about everything I tried to put into my tank ,...after awhile it came down to either having a tank with a mean trigger or a reef aquarium with other critters ,...obviously,at this point the reef won out ,...I still love the triggers but overall it's nice having other dwellers too,... my girl friend laura and I still love watching all the triggers in Hawaii when we go,... over there they seem really skittish , trying to approach one for a good picture is a lot tougher than you think , ( greg,I'm sure will attest to that ) ,.. but in the home aquarium they're the king and they know it .
Yellow tangs over there gather in large groups and seem to enjoy each other as they relentlessly wander over the reef nibbling away at everything ,but in the home aquarium they seem to turn vicious and territorial towards each other ,..kind of shows you how a change in environment can change their whole attitude toward others., I guess a lot depends on the individual fish too but there's still a lot we need to learn.

None of my fish seem skittish except for my engineer goby he is one paranoid sob
my trigger follows me around like a puppy dog he loves being hand fed spoiled brat
than their's my red corris wrasse gorgeous fish the coloring is out of this world .

wAvtryO.jpg

than I have my blue head wrasse and yellow tang they all get along great , oh than there's the 2 hermits 4+ inch in size no one messes with them not even me those suckers pack a mean bite.

Last edited:
big difference with sunglasses cant get over the color difference now that pops
is that a pulsing xeina dead center

if you search filter lenses on ebay they have ones that will adapt to many cameras for like 10 bucks

These pics represent the natural colors in the tank as your eyes see it 100 % ... finally , able to take " real color" pictures :)

These pics represent the natural colors in the tank as your eyes see it 100 % ... finally , able to take " real color" pictures :)

I find that it is hard to take "real color" photos of my planted tank when I take FTS shots. It always has to do with room lighting. In the day, there is too much glare. At night, it takes just the right shot to get a good photo (due to the aquarium light appearing brighter).

Your tank is looking great by the way! Very colorful.

I find that it is hard to take "real color" photos of my planted tank when I take FTS shots. It always has to do with room lighting. In the day, there is too much glare. At night, it takes just the right shot to get a good photo (due to the aquarium light appearing brighter).

Your tank is looking great by the way! Very colorful.
thank you, i'll be the first to admit that i suck when it comes to taking photos and understanding camera settings,...ive always just been a point and shoot kind of guy ,.. i have managed over the years to buy some cameras with a "underwater" mode built in that i use when snorkeling ,, but 99.9 % of the time i just use my iphone but the tank's leds really play havic with the camera and the pictures come out either really bluish with very little or no color at all.
the last couple of pictures were taken of the tank thru a pair of costa del mar sunglasses and are exactly what one would see while sitting on the couch watching the tank, absolutely no difference !....for me a easy and perfect solution.:)(y)

Back
Top Bottom