Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #171
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarr19
Very nice! Just makes me want to start my SW now lol
The sooner you start oscarr the sooner you'll be broke,...lol

Old 07-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #172
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421

Wanna take a guess?
Here in VA it would probably be 60 to 80 bucks.In Ca don't you have to double the price compared to other states,LOL?

Old 07-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #173
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
The sooner you start oscarr the sooner you'll be broke,...lol
Haha i know but so hard to resist
Old 07-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #174
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksreef

Here in VA it would probably be 60 to 80 bucks.In Ca don't you have to double the price compared to other states,LOL?
Yes,.... We do pay a lot more out here on a lot of things, :-( but,,...I paid $64 for the coral,..I would have got it cheaper but my buddy wasn't there today, he always knocks the price down a notch or two for me,.. but I just didn't want someone else to get MY coral so I had to bite the bullet!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #175
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Yes,.... We do pay a lot more out here on a lot of things, :-( but,,...I paid $64 for the coral,..I would have got it cheaper but my buddy wasn't there today, he always knocks the price down a notch or two for me,.. but I just didn't want someone else to get MY coral so I had to bite the bullet!!!
Great buy,if you get tired of it ,pm me and I'll send you my address.LOL
Old 07-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #176
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksreef

Great buy,if you get tired of it ,pm me and I'll send you my address.LOL
Well Rick ,only time will tell if this was a great buy or not,,....if it croaks tomorrow than it probably wasn't the best decision on my part to get it,..however, if somehow I can pull this off and she lives , then we did good.
But,that's going to be enough stuff for now,.... I think I'll just take a step or two back, put my feet up, observe and try to learn from my successes and also from my mistakes....got my fingers crossed ! Dary
Old 07-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #177
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank looks great! How do you make sure you keep enough space between them so when they get bigger they don't hurt rack other? Don't they move around?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #178
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
Tank looks great! How do you make sure you keep enough space between them so when they get bigger they don't hurt rack other? Don't they move around?
This new coral kinda scares me because I haven't had any " hands on " experience with this kind yet,...so it's gonna be a trial and error sort of thing just to keep it alive yet alone trying to get it bigger,...it's a little shrunken from yesterday and that kinda scares me but we'll see over time......... Re.moving around,...the neon green brain coral has about a pound of rock/ skeleton attached to it so there's no way it could move around even if it wanted too,....the candy stripe trachy has got a pretty solid rock base also so it also may stay put where it is....I hope all goes good,.....good luck on the Buffy build,..it sounds line you're getting pretty close to kicking this project off.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #179
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
24 hours later and pretty much everything looks like it did before but I did however stop at my Lfs on the way home after work and bought a candy stripe trachy that I was eyeballing yesterday...I was thinking about it all nite long so I guess it just had to be..., for now I think I'll let things settle down for awhile and stay off of live fish/ coral web sites... :-/. Dary
Sweet coral. Looks like you got 2 for one, Dary. Isn't it a baby coral on one side?

I want more coral...
1Vampiregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:38 PM   #180
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Vampiregirl View Post
Sweet coral. Looks like you got 2 for one, Dary. Isn't it a baby coral on one side?

I want more coral...
Yep, kinda neat ..., I hope it grows up to be a big and beautiful baby just like mom

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com