Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like all of us, he sometimes forgot to take his own advice. But he knew his corals for sure. I think he got a new girlfriend and decided to switch hobbies. We aren't going anywhere so we will be here if he comes back.

Like all of us, he sometimes forgot to take his own advice. But he knew his corals for sure. I think he got a new girlfriend and decided to switch hobbies. We aren't going anywhere so we will be here if he comes back.

I think it might have been cheaper to have stayed in the aquarium hobby !

Well it's kinda crunch time ,...Hawaii and " two step " snorkeling is only a couple of weeks away ,...wow !!! I'm trying to get the tank ' bullet proof' for the time I'm gone so my brother doesn't have to worry about anything more than feeding and topping off the auto water ... I did a full gfo ,carbon change etc,.i figured I'd start a little early to try and catch any problems while I'm here .
This trip is a little special for us because earlier this year my mom ( 93 ) had some very serious medical issues which landed her via ambulance in the icu for about a week or more ,....the one thing we kept telling her was that she needed to get better so she could go to Hilo with us ,... she has done a miraculous recovery and is looking forwards to going as much as we are ! .... she's been fully packed for the last two weeks !!
I've finally gotten all my tanks parameters right where I want them to be so with a little luck all will go good [emoji4]. Fingers crossed !

Sorry to hear about your mom being sick. I'm so glad that she has recovered from her Illess. It's great that she is going with you all to the islands. I really hope you all have a wonderful time.

Thank you barb,... it was really touch and go for awhile ,.. we even had the icu nurses telling her about going to Hawaii .
It started off with my girl friend laura and I going and now my brother and his wife are flying in from Florida next week , my nephew who my mom adores, may make a surprise visit over there midweek and surprise her .
I've got my fingers crossed that nothing goes astray with the tank when we leave ,.. kinda amazing how for fifty one weeks out of the year everything hums along beautifully and that one week when you're gone the tank monkeys show up to throw a wrench into something .

Image1505142756.424464.jpg I decided that today was the day to remove my giant basket ball size colony of ' gsp '.... this colony has been growing from a one inch little piece for years now and been pruned many times over the years ,unfortunately it's simply taking over that whole top portion of my tank ,.... so this morning before the tanks lights came on I pried up its little feet and without too much fan fare took it out ,..after my trip to Hawaii ( next week ) I'm planing on getting a large monti capriconis or two and try and establish a new area for them there .,the area beckons for a monti cluster

Thank you barb,... it was really touch and go for awhile ,.. we even had the icu nurses telling her about going to Hawaii .
It started off with my girl friend laura and I going and now my brother and his wife are flying in from Florida next week , my nephew who my mom adores, may make a surprise visit over there midweek and surprise her .
I've got my fingers crossed that nothing goes astray with the tank when we leave ,.. kinda amazing how for fifty one weeks out of the year everything hums along beautifully and that one week when you're gone the tank monkeys show up to throw a wrench into something .
That's Murphys Law for you. He likes to throw that wrench messing up our tanks when we are not around. Glad it's turning out to be a family affair though. Hope you all have fun. We work so hard during the year we all deserve a good vacation.

Back
Top Bottom