Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #1821
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Your "shroom" green thumb is kicking in. Soon there will be mushrooms everywhere.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #1822
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
Your "shroom" green thumb is kicking in. Soon there will be mushrooms everywhere.
Boy I sure hope so especially on the ricordeas !!! I'm going to have to order another batch of em one day and try them again.
I just ordered another " Martian " chalice a few minutes ago.(..kind of a sub species of what I already have now )..which seems to be really thriving. I also ordered another little torch coral frag..... AND with fingers crossed I ordered a handful of snails :-/. I'll toss those in at nite while mr.triggerfish is sleeping in high hopes that maybe a few of em will find cover before he see's them,...it's kind of like throwing hotdogs to a pack of hungry lions but I'm hopeful anyways.
And btw Greg,.. Great write up on your totm ,...well deserved,..your tank make 99% of our tanks look like sewage treatment barrels.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #1823
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Thanks...but maybe too extreme. There are some really nice systems on this forum.

My blue jaw trigger has made it very clear that he is the boss and everything with a shell is his property.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #1824
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got a shipment in yesterday afternoon from saltwater fish.com containing a torch frag a frog spawn frag a rather pricey alien eye chalice and twenty snails which I had hoped would hide from mr triggerfish long enough to make a meal of algae from some of my rocks before they too were eaten by said triggerfish,...unfortunately , all the snails arrived dead and the alien eye chalice was a little tossed,battered and distressed,...I filled out the usual paper work concerning the DOA'S but dang ! I was really looking forwards to tossing in those snails at nite while the triggerfish slept.
The chalice looks a little better today but I have it under subdued lighting for acclimation ,I've got my fingers crossed that it'll grow and proper like my other Martian chalices have.
I've ordered a lot of corals from various vendors over the years but the only problems I've ever encountered we're from them,..I'm sure they try their best and 99 times out of a hundred do a fantastic job BUT I'm starting to get a little shell shocked, anybody have any similar results with them?
Old 06-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #1825
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

No. I have had great luck with Vivid in LA and with some EBay sellers. Liveaquaria has also been pretty good. Sorry about the snails.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #1826
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

That is odd Dary. A majority of my business is with saltwaterfish.com and I have never had those issues...I think one dead fish over atleast 20 or more shipments. They have always double or triple bagged beyond everything, even macro algae. I'll be honest and say that what occured is dumbfounding.

A side note, I was watching that same chalice and thought about picking it up. Still gun shy about chalices after murdering the last one when the radions were first installed at full power, which you inspired me to try the first time around btw. If the tank wasn't so stocked I probably would have jumped for it.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #1827
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Dary... My triggerfish has a new habit. He loves to race back and forth with the tip of his dorsal fin out of the water. It leaves a wake and a string of bubbles. Boy, are they fast or what? It is obvious at the rate he's growing, he's gonna need a bigger tank.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #1828
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry bout your snails. Good luck with the chalice. I'm close to fragging mine. It was a Father's Day present last year so part of me wants to not cut it lol.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #1829
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank View Post
That is odd Dary. A majority of my business is with saltwaterfish.com and I have never had those issues...I think one dead fish over atleast 20 or more shipments. They have always double or triple bagged beyond everything, even macro algae. I'll be honest and say that what occured is dumbfounding.

A side note, I was watching that same chalice and thought about picking it up. Still gun shy about chalices after murdering the last one when the radions were first installed at full power, which you inspired me to try the first time around btw. If the tank wasn't so stocked I probably would have jumped for it.
.... I seem to do ok with chalices and i hadn't purchased anything for the tank in awhile so i decided that i'd go for it... Hopefully itll mend up ok and'll be a nice addition to the others.... I know that saltwaterfish. Com is a good organization im just on a cold roll with them lately.. Hopefully, this will pass soon enough
Old 06-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #1830
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs View Post
Sorry bout your snails. Good luck with the chalice. I'm close to fragging mine. It was a Father's Day present last year so part of me wants to not cut it lol.
You can always send me a piece " pops"

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com