Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We spent most of the day yesterday snorkeling at " two step" on the big island of Hawaii... I'm happy to report that it was very very good ... it was rather Swelly which made negotiating getting in and out of the lava rocks a bit of a challenge., but once in the water the fish really put on a show ... multiple schools of yellow tangs intermixed with yellow eyed koles, there were lots of humuhumu's lurking about , moorish idols were putting on a display along with lots of porgies and raccoon fish which seemed content to just lie suspended along side a few coral heads .. a few bright yellow coronet fish and ornate butterfly fish made for a spectacular adventure !
All in all I'd say Hawaii is still holding it own quite well !

Checked up on my tank from 2600 miles away ... pretty cool idea for a little piece of mind , Greg gave me the idea years ago , I've got a couple of cameras setup which I can switch to IMG_2035.jpg

As they say ... " all good things must come to a end " So keeping with tradition we arrived back home from Hawaii late last night , unlike some years in the past everything tankwise seems wonderful , all the equipment purring along like a well oiled cat , fish happy ,corals happy and especially Dary's happy :) , nice to come home to.!!

I think if I went to Hawaii Id get lost and forget to come home with a view like that
I'd be out snorkeling every day .
attachment.php

wow that GSP looks like a monster all those arms just looking at it makes it look evasive

attachment.php

I finally lost the 2nd part of my almost 2 ft bush of sponge after my Vlamingi tang decided to plow it over I had that sucker growing almost 3 yrs this pict is before it filled out and got tall

eiHyldb.jpg

now tank looks empty lol

I think if I went to Hawaii Id get lost and forget to come home with a view like that
I'd be out snorkeling every day .
attachment.php

wow that GSP looks like a monster all those arms just looking at it makes it look evasive

attachment.php

I finally lost the 2nd part of my almost 2 ft bush of sponge after my Vlamingi tang decided to plow it over I had that sucker growing almost 3 yrs this pict is before it filled out and got tall

eiHyldb.jpg

now tank looks empty lol

Hey seaweed ,...oh it was so tempting to stay there awhile longer !! Unfortunately, the best areas for snorkeling are on the other side of the island and that's over a 100 Mille drive from where we were . Luckily,we did manage to get a good day of it in,... I just did my first pwc since I been back and thank you brother joe for watching the tank while I was gone , everything looking good .
I guess we are so use to maintaining and understanding everything going on with our setups that we tend to forget just how complicated and intimidating it must sound to someone that hasn't done it before ,... calcium reactors ,ato's ,protein skimmers,etc etc etc ,... and knowing that they're responsible for trying to watch and maintain this whole system valued at thousand and thousands of dollars until we return home ,.... hats off to them that we trust to tank watch , it's really quite a responsibility.
Brother joe was well rewarded with Hawaiian coffee ,clothing ,local Hawaiian jams and sauces etc .
Can't wait to go back !!!!

That place looks nice! Don’t want to sleep walk. If I remember right, the wind never stops. Little Mavic probably had a few bumpy rides.

Considering everything , she rode pretty good ,... The drone was attacked by a white bird with a long white tail one day when checking out the cliff,.a couple days later a gray bird ( male / female ? ) circled the drone kinda threatening ,.. we figured they must have had a nest on the cliff somewhere ,... the property manager said his buddy who flies drones was attacked by a bird up the coast a little bit too,... I didn’t wanna see a ball of feathers and a $1000.00 drone go crashing into the ocean so I backed off of that area on any flights after that .
I’m starting to think a little about the googles now ,... hmmmm

Back
Top Bottom