Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For what I do the inspire 1 ( with hdmi adapter ) is all I need ,... I do obey the rules religiously ,...I figured you had the 107 lic ,... truly an amazing little bundle of technology,.... not too sure if the tank is more costly or not [emoji55]but overall you’re prob right ,the fish cast more once the equip is bought ,..they both require a lot of capital and a lot of research tho ,... quite happy I’m able to do both !

Dary, sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations. Can totally relate. Had a magnesium issue that took a minute to fix. Lost my Mummy Eye and Raspberry Lemonade Chalices. Hoping my Watermelon and Easter Egg Chalices recover. On a lighter note, I picked up a Dwarf Yellow Eel about two months ago. After 5 days, he was gone presumed dead. Last week did a water change and found him in the sump! Score! It was like getting a new fish.

Thanks Sean, I think it kinda goes with the territory,.... no worries , things are looking up and I wiped out a city block of aptasia yesterday ,..that was kinda neat

It’s been a full week or two of trying to rid the tank of aptasia ,... I’ve been using the wand mostly and thru sheer persistence,I’ve managed to eliminate a ton of them but as they say the fight has only just begun !
Today I started on a little kalkwasser paste on a few of the pesky ones that are just too quick to catch napping with the wand.
On the bright side I ordered another powder blue again to replace the one that was lost a couple of months ago . My lfs buddy says it’ll be here Wednesday or Thursday.
Most everything else seems cool tankwise ,...fingers crossed on the new powder blue .

I remember that from years back ,.... my California tang wouldn’t eat it lol [emoji38] .... if I remember right you “blanched “ it first ?

IMG_2748.jpgIMG_2760.jpg
Well,...the powder blue tang project #3 under way ,.... I isolated mr blue in his isolation chamber for 24 hours after acclimation , ... the scopace tang was really aggressive while mr blue was in the chamber and kept trying to get to him ,...he really didn’t want another intruder in the tank ,.... I eventually let mr blue loose and of course the scopace tang chased him around aggressively,... I decided to give the blue tang a chance to breathe so I did a lights out trick for the rest of the afternoon.
Today there’s still some aggression but nothing like it was yesterday ,...hopefully by tomorrow a peace treaty will break out .
The pbt has been nibbling on the nori clip so that’s pretty cool !

I’m getting a little more encouraged day by day ,... the pbt has taken a liken to the masstick food offering and has been feeding and swimming together with the scopace tang !! There’s still some aggression (via the scopace ) but overall it’s nice to see them working things out

IMG_2780.jpgIMG_2781.jpgIMG_2783.jpgIMG_2786.jpg just a few pictures of the masstick feeding station ... nice to see them all getting along together !

Yes , re the ats screen,.... works really well for me .
There’s a squirrel fish that pops up here and there which also seems to love the pieces of masstick which float off

Back
Top Bottom