Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nyghtfire said:
Nice tank. I love the mushrooms.
But the purple ones are my favourite

At this point I really don't have any favorites., to me they'll all be but a single flower in a garden,...thank you

melosu58 said:
Very nice Ricordeas. They are my favorites.

Mike can you identify the mushroom in the 3rd picture? She's rather illuminating,... Thanks,dary

They almost look like blue mushrooms with some lighting on them. You must have some strong lighting. Maybe some shimmering from your lighting. Mine in the pic below will look like it depending on the angle you are standing at. It could be some mutant type mushrooms also.LOL

012_499600.jpg

melosu58 said:
They almost look like blue mushrooms with some lighting on them. You must have some strong lighting. Maybe some shimmering from your lighting. Mine in the pic below will look like it depending on the angle you are standing at. It could be some mutant type mushrooms also.LOL

You know mike ,..I even blocked out the light over the top of the mushroom and it still was glowing,...maybe a" Chernobyl blue?" Lol

1Vampiregirl said:
They turned out more than ok. (y)
Check these out, Dary, these are some of the shrooms I've been eyeing. ;)
Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Actinodiscus sp.
Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Den® - Actinodiscus sp.

VGee,...those red ones are awesome, bright and beautiful.., the green ones look Like a piece of peppermint candy you'd just wanna pickup and eat,.... Boy I can just see my tank a year from now,.....help me mr. Wizard ,I think I'm turning into mushroom man!!!

Well I got called at work this morning saying that someone took out a telephone pole along with about 50 feet of wooden fence at the base of the yard,..and that the hiway patrol,and the gas and electric personal were all over the place and that the power is going to be off for eight hours or so,.. Oh oh,. I excused myself from work and drove as fast as my 1500 cc Kawasaki could go back home to a tank that was dark and still,.. I hooked up a little battery powered air stone and put that in The tank but,.. It just didn't seem like it was going to do the trick for another eight hours or so until they replaces the telephone pole and the electrical boxes that was half ripped from the house,... Long story short ,a mad dash up to home home depot and $450.00 later I now have a nice husky generator as a back up for my system,.... The mushrooms have all been saved and everything seems to be ok.. ( except I've got extension cords plugged in all over the place , kinda looks like a wounded octopus )....so ,..lesson learned the hard way,..... ;- )

1Vampiregirl said:
Yay! Everybody was saved! :)

Yeah,..but what a mess!!! ,.... A new telephone pole is going in as we speak !! ... I can see that I'm going to have to make an emergency run down to the store for a six pack of ice cold medical cylinders ( beer).... And some more gas for the hungry generator,... Drop on by and I'll buy ya a beer!!! :- ). ...

Good Back up plan. You can always use a generator. One thing about mushrooms I have learned ios that they are pretty indestructable. You`ll be OK.

Dary421 said:
Well I got called at work this morning saying that someone took out a telephone pole along with about 50 feet of wooden fence at the base of the yard,..and that the hiway patrol,and the gas and electric personal were all over the place and that the power is going to be off for eight hours or so,.. Oh oh,. I excused myself from work and drove as fast as my 1500 cc Kawasaki could go back home to a tank that was dark and still,.. I hooked up a little battery powered air stone and put that in The tank but,.. It just didn't seem like it was going to do the trick for another eight hours or so until they replaces the telephone pole and the electrical boxes that was half ripped from the house,... Long story short ,a mad dash up to home home depot and $450.00 later I now have a nice husky generator as a back up for my system,.... The mushrooms have all been saved and everything seems to be ok.. ( except I've got extension cords plugged in all over the place , kinda looks like a wounded octopus )....so ,..lesson learned the hard way,..... ;- )

Good for you,In a couple of threads I have advised that with the money we have invested in our aquariums you really need a generator for backup.
Money well spent,plus you can keep the beer cold to.LOL

Love the shrooms very colorful I to have a generator I was bought before I got into fish keeping but it still runs all 7 of my tanks and my fridge but I have to plug the fridge in first or it pops the circuit

Ricksreef said:
Good for you,In a couple of threads I have advised that with the money we have invested in our aquariums you really need a generator for backup.
Money well spent,plus you can keep the beer cold to.LOL

Yeah,..I know of what and who you're speaking of,...boy keeping that beer cold is way up on my list too,... I was telling the electrical guys that being outa power for 8-12 hours is not a good thing when you're trying to run a sw tank and that I needed power like right now,...unfortunately , putting in a new power line ,pole etc takes a lot of time,..... God, home depot must love me!

Back
Top Bottom