Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My guess is 15-20 that's the discount I get

And I hear ya my patience would be stretched thin to and I would be no happy camper on the phone lol

Just heard from the dealer,...the tank is IN !!!! ( finally !).... I'll pick it up after work tomorrow....

Well after a long tedious struggle my new 135 sits upon it's stand .., long story short , the owner apologized about a zillion times and I did get a $70.00 discount ., everyone at the store was totally cool and we all sat outside for about a half hour shooting the stuff about everything.., the owner also said that I'd be getting a 20% discount on anything else I needed.., what a relief it was to actually get it home., my mag 12 return pump is due to arrive via ups this afternoon and my new big sump is due in on Saturday.
Kinda like things are finally falling into place., I did buy another 15 # or so of base rock and another 44#'s of sand.., so once I get back from maui ( leave Monday 26 th) I'm going to have my hands full setting up this thing.., thanks for all the support .., Dary

Attachments

• image-4164840304.jpg
    image-4164840304.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3462492225.jpg
    image-3462492225.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 107
TLTGF said:
Looks like it's gonna be a fun one!

I dunno about fun...but ,it'll be very interesting and challenging for sure,...the $70 off the top was better than I thought they would give me so in that regards I was satisfied,...but to me,..everyone who worked at the shop came over to spend some time talking to me and just to hang out,...kinda felt like a celebrity for an hour or so,... Nice touch on their part !

Awesome!!!!! Have fun on your trip to Maui. Wish I could go back to Hawaii. I miss the place..........Sooooo nice and warm. Make sure you relax really good cause you may not get to relax for awhile once you get back. :) Take pics out there!!!!!!!

Like moving into a new and bigger house. Love the room, now watch my credit card bleed as I fill it with wonderful things. That's the fun part for me.

Buffy said:
Awesome!!!!! Have fun on your trip to Maui. Wish I could go back to Hawaii. I miss the place..........Sooooo nice and warm. Make sure you relax really good cause you may not get to relax for awhile once you get back. :) Take pics out there!!!!!!!

Thanks Buffy,...will do

Gregcoyote said:
Like moving into a new and bigger house. Love the room, now watch my credit card bleed as I fill it with wonderful things. That's the fun part for me.

Greg,...I'll be just tickled to death if I can just do the swap over without screwing something up.....i bought a bunch of PVC plumbing parts and pieces to plumb my overflow into my sump and the return hardware also,...aghh,... This is going to be interesting,...hey,..while I'm on the subject,..very recently I saw in a post a diagram for a noise reducing tube that fit your built in overflow box to reduce the sound of your water dropping down a foot or two onto your bulk head before it would enter your sump....anyone remember seeing that???

You can use some poly material to give the water a path to flow on rather than create a waterfall. Also try some egg crate material sitting on it's edge so the water flows over it on the way down the overflow. Anything that breaks the velocity of the water will quiet things down.

I just received my new plexiglass sump via fed x and it looks like it'll really do the job,...it's rated for 225 gals and it's a monster,...tons of room for a giant skimmer,tons of room for the refugium and the return section is also massive,...but, when I built my tanks stand I planned for this sump and made sure it would fit with plenty of room to spare and it looks like I did well,...I really think I'm going to like this setup !!!
I believe I have everything needed to plumb this whole thing up upon my return,...pipe,fittings, ball valves,anti syphon valve,glue etc etc.... I think I'll be building this whole setup in my mind and on my iPad from 2600 miles away.,...I'll have the AA forum tuned in as well,......but for now I've got a zillion things to do before Monday,....aloha for now

I just received my new plexiglass sump via fed x and it looks like it'll really do the job,...it's rated for 225 gals and it's a monster,...tons of room for a giant skimmer,tons of room for the refugium and the return section is also massive,...but, when I built my tanks stand I planned for this sump and made sure it would fit with plenty of room to spare and it looks like I did well,...I really think I'm going to like this setup !!!
I believe I have everything needed to plumb this whole thing up upon my return,...pipe,fittings, ball valves,anti syphon valve,glue etc etc.... I think I'll be building this whole setup in my mind and on my iPad from 2600 miles away.,...I'll have the AA forum tuned in as well,......but for now I've got a zillion things to do before Monday,....aloha for now

Now Now, stop worrying about what you gotta do when you get home. Just forget the tank while you're gone, come on, you can do it....1. 2. 3. FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Have a wonderful and safe trip.

That's right Dary it's called a vacation for a reason just worry about how your gonna float over to the pool bar to get the next cold one

Have fun be safe look forward to hearing from you when you get back

Sooooo,....we went to the Maui aquarium center yesterday and if you're not just "awed" by the whole scene then there's something wrong with you....they've got it set up so when you walk into the center your first encounter is with fish and aquatic life in the very shallow reef ,something like 0-10 feet ,then you slowly proceed down ward into the 10-30 foot range etc,...by the time you exit the first building and have seen so many aquariums from hundreds of gallons to some that are in mega thousands of gallons,..you are truly humbled by what we try to do in our living rooms.
They have a little corner that they talk about how they use skimmers etc,..they have these tiny little peep hole for viewing the " behind" the scenes,.. but I'm sure to the average Joe blow they really couldn't care less or could understand whats going on back there BUT to us marine aquarist I'd love to be able to be able to take a tour back there to see just how massive a setup they have,
From what I could see thru the peep holes it looks like what the plumbing on the queen Mary must of looked like. I did try and take a picture of their filtration setup sign,..I hope it comes out ok.
My brother Joe ( back home in california ) sent me a blurry,extremely hard to see picture of my tank saying ..." is this normal? ". ..... Heart sinks into your chest at this point,..oh oh,......but after a couple of phone calls back and forth I think we have things stabilized for now.
other than that ,..alls well in Maui .

Attachments

• image-1796795282.jpg
    image-1796795282.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 175
  • image-4010248416.jpg
    image-4010248416.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 141
  • image-563629106.jpg
    image-563629106.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 145
Back