Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get it with the expense thing. We decided against it because we want out of our subdivision in the next 2-3 years and move more rural. It might make more sense then as it could take awhile to get it restored.

That's the scary type of scenario, for you and the fish, and, the other people on the road.

So happy to hear there weren't any bigger issues in the tank and that the power crew was quick.

That's the scary type of scenario, for you and the fish, and, the other people on the road.

So happy to hear there weren't any bigger issues in the tank and that the power crew was quick.

Yup , I dodged a bullet on this one for sure !

My “ wet side “ mp40 pump arrived yesterday afternoon from brs and once I replaced the old completely worn out unit that was malfunctioning the pump started right back up where it needed to be .
Comparing the new replacement unit to my old worn out unit was amazing …. The new unit was so tight and ridged and my old unit was so loose and sloppy , the best part of the whole thing is that once I unplugged the power the backup battery kicked in again !!! Also the new unit is so much quieter, the old unit you could hear running from across the room , the new unit you got to look at it to make sure it’s running .
For about $100 it seems like a great investment.

IMG_2429.jpgthis is the unit that the car hit to cause the power outage …. Transformer, junction box ??? About where I’m standing was the pool of motor oil from the car …. By looking at the amount of oil lost I don’t think they made it too far

You'd be surprised how far a drunk can take a car that shouldn't be drivable.
I'm more surprised that they left that junction box just laying there on the ground.
I don't worry about these kinds of incidents. In my old house we lost power all the time and I would simply stir with a spoon until I got an ecotech backup for my mp.
Now there is a generator in the family but with the year 6 fight with aiptasia and no fish in it, it can do whatever in all honesty.

You'd be surprised how far a drunk can take a car that shouldn't be drivable.
I'm more surprised that they left that junction box just laying there on the ground.
I don't worry about these kinds of incidents. In my old house we lost power all the time and I would simply stir with a spoon until I got an ecotech backup for my mp.
Now there is a generator in the family but with the year 6 fight with aiptasia and no fish in it, it can do whatever in all honesty.

Well after much deliberation I decided to order a small compact little generator that should power the tank when things go black again.
I sure don’t wanna go thru that mess again if I can help it.
I think it’ll get here on Saturday so I should probably prepare for a black out on Friday night with my luck lol.
Btw,…they still haven’t picked up the carcass of the junction box yet !

Yea, I got my generator because we seem to be getting 50-100 year wind storms every 2-3 years. Last one knocked out the power for 48 hours. Got a generator and keep gas in the garage? Haven’t needed it. Good insurance policy.

Around here “scrappers” would have picked up the carcass by now.

IMG_2442.jpg yes yes yes !!!
After breaking in the generator as per recommendations this weekend , i hooked up the whole aquarium system to it this morning and she’s 100 percent up and running with no issues !!!
Nice to know that something actually worked out as planned !

So nice! Good job.

A big sigh of relief from this side of the forum for sure !!! At least I know that it’ll do the job when and if I need it again,…. I’m so glad I did a practice run just to see if it’ll work instead of waiting for ground zero and fumbling around in the dark wondering if it was all in vain or not. ?a happy boy for sure !

A big sigh of relief from this side of the forum for sure !!! At least I know that it’ll do the job when and if I need it again,…. I’m so glad I did a practice run just to see if it’ll work instead of waiting for ground zero and fumbling around in the dark wondering if it was all in vain or not. ?a happy boy for sure !

And smart,lol!!!

(y)(y)(y)

Just remember to test the system every once in a while. We had an elaborate backup system at International Fisheries and when Hurricane Andrew hit, it failed big time. :blink: Turned out nobody had tested it for months. Everyone thought someone else did it. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: 25,000 gallons of water being aerated by the scoop and dump method. :facepalm::facepalm:

(y)(y)(y)

Just remember to test the system every once in a while. We had an elaborate backup system at International Fisheries and when Hurricane Andrew hit, it failed big time. :blink: Turned out nobody had tested it for months. Everyone thought someone else did it. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: 25,000 gallons of water being aerated by the scoop and dump method. :facepalm::facepalm:

Thank you andy !! ,…yup I’m aware of the pit falls of not running the generator every now and then ,…. I always ran my old unit every few weeks for awhile and added staybil fuel stabilizer to the tank just in case ,.I can’t imagine the scoop and dump method on 25,000 gallons of water !!!! That in it self musta been a nightmare ,…… did it work ?

All power went out here at 3:40 …. Not just me this time ! Traffic signals out etc … thank god I bought the generator for the tank a couple of weeks ago!!!! Power company says it’ll be out for at “least “ 3-4 hours IMG_2483.jpgIMG_2484.jpg

After my practice run a couple of weeks ago this went pretty well…. From power outage to having the tank running on the generator was under 3 minutes !
After that I just sat outside listening to the generator waiting for the power to come back on and having a adult beverage or two.
Funny but 2 days ago I received this cool gas can from Amazon to keep my spare gasoline in …., looks like I better fill that up today !

Well I finally changed out the paper roll on the bubble magus filter roller ,… almost exactly 6 months of use on its first roll !!! the used roll shows that it did indeed trap a whole lot of gunk,…would the filter socks removed as much or even more gunk I don’t know for sure but this is sooooo much easier .
All in all I’m pretty happy with it.

Well it’s been awhile since I’ve posted anything but sometimes life just jumps up and gets in your way …. My girl friend and I just returned from I believe was our 21 st trip to Hawaii ,… we snorkeled at “ two step “ a couple of times while we were there and I’m happy to report that the marine life there Is doing just fine ! There was massive schools of yellow tangs along with moorish idols , triggerfish and the usual eels and other critters ,..we both felt privileged to be able to be there and enjoy being part of their daily routine.
Tank wise everything seems to be doing really good and as any long time followers may understand that I just passed my 2 nd year of keeping a powder blue tang !! I’m really proud of that feat !!, kinda makes me feel like I’ve accomplished a goal I set for myself .
Hope everyone is doing great !!!

Back
Top Bottom