Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #2001
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
One of those yellow tails would look nice in your tank.
Lol..yea.,I would need a bigger tank... Prob somewhere in the 2-300,000 gal range... And im not going to build another cabinet around that ! ... They are gorgeous tho

Old 10-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #2002
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Those are both gorgeous!

Old 10-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #2003
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
Wow!!! She's a beauty....here's a picture of the brand new one i just got
Very nice piece! How many of those do you have now, three, four?
Old 10-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #2004
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithhjs View Post
Very nice piece! How many of those do you have now, three, four?
So far ive got 4 ... Starting to organize a alien Martian colony
Old 10-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #2005
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Keep me in mind when you are ready to put together a frag pack.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #2006
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
So far ive got 4 ... Starting to organize a alien Martian colony
Invasion of the Martians!!!! Sounds like something from a '60's B horror movie
Old 11-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #2007
Aquarium Advice Addict

As anyone who actually follows this thread knows I've been trying to battle the ever slowly growing algae outbreak which over the years has covered my rocks ,back glass etc in a fuzzy coat of algae,.... The major problem here is that I cannot use any kind of CUC in my tank because of my triggerfish,.. I'm sure if I had a handful of snails that would go about their business without being eaten ,everything would be fine but that just isn't the case here.
A coupe of months ago I got an emailer flyer from one of the distributors we all use talking about a product called algae fix marine,.... Being rather skeptical about the hype and knowing full well that I'm going into unchartered waters here I decided to buy a bottle ,.. Well,.it sat on the shelf for a couple of months then one day I decided that I'd cautiously give it a try,..that was a couple of weeks ago,...
Wow,...so far so good,...none of the corals, lps,sps,mushrooms etc seem affected at all nor does the hard algae or the chaeto in the sump .. One cool thing is that it never caused the skimmer to go crazy ether.
I'm not trying to suggest that it's a miracle cure here,..there's a lot of tanks out their that poor maintenance,high nutrients poor lighting etc is running rapid and maybe it's effectiveness may be limited there BUT in MY specific application it's worked very well in knocking down the majority of my nuisance algae.
Maybe sometimes we need a little help from a doctor or plumber to help out a little,.... Got my fingers crossed,..I'll report back if anything comes up,good or bad.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #2008
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hey Dary, first i'd like to say ive been following this thread for a while now and love your tank.

Secondly I too have been using AlgaeFix Marine, for about a month now. I started using after scrapping a build up of brown hair like algae off my back glass. I tried siphoning all the algae up while i scraped but 2 weeks later my live rock got engulfed. The product helped get the algae under control. I have had no ill effects. Also here is a link to a large thread about the product if you are interested. Good luck!

AlgaeFix Marine to control Hair Algae - Reef Central Online Community
Old 11-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #2009
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonw2 View Post
Hey Dary, first i'd like to say ive been following this thread for a while now and love your tank.

Secondly I too have been using AlgaeFix Marine, for about a month now. I started using after scrapping a build up of brown hair like algae off my back glass. I tried siphoning all the algae up while i scraped but 2 weeks later my live rock got engulfed. The product helped get the algae under control. I have had no ill effects. Also here is a link to a large thread about the product if you are interested. Good luck!

AlgaeFix Marine to control Hair Algae - Reef Central Online Community
Hey,..glad to hear that I'm not alone here in trying this out ... Happy to hear that it worked for you too and more amazing that someone actually follows this thread!!! Thank you for the compliments
Old 11-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #2010
Aquarium Advice Addict

Today ( actually yesterday ) was the day to do my pwc ,..only real difference was that for the last few days I've been battling the flu so just getting outa bed was a challenge all in itself let alone wrestling with whole water change ,.... Wow,...bend over too fast ,rush to the head ,..get up too fast,rush to the head,..try and clean something,rush to the head,...you get the idea :-/ Somehow ,I managed to get thru it alive ,...I hope the humuhumu / corals appreciate the effort !
Now, it's back on the couch ,tv on ,Theraflu standing by ,...wishing I felt good enough to have a IPA !

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com