Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Sean,…. Thanks for the encouragement,…I had to laugh when you said there’s two types of people those, who’ve I made similar mistakes and those that lie and said they never have ,…. I somehow found that funny , reminds me of an old employee we had at the shop

Dary, if I told you how many times I flooded a tank at a store I worked in, you'd probably wonder how the hell I kept being employed. LOL It's all part of the "art" of fish keeping. ;) Real fish people have both wet arms and wet floors. :D That's my story and I'm stickin' with it. :whistle:
As for the fish, I bet they just thought it rained REALLY, REALLY hard which was why the salinity went down. ;) Even in the ocean, that gets corrected within 6 hours so they are probably used to it. (y)

Dary, if I told you how many times I flooded a tank at a store I worked in, you'd probably wonder how the hell I kept being employed. LOL It's all part of the "art" of fish keeping. ;) Real fish people have both wet arms and wet floors. :D That's my story and I'm stickin' with it. :whistle:
As for the fish, I bet they just thought it rained REALLY, REALLY hard which was why the salinity went down. ;) Even in the ocean, that gets corrected within 6 hours so they are probably used to it. (y)

lol,…you guys are making me feel better ,..thanks

It proves to me that if you maintain stability and feed properly that these fish can vastly outlive their free counterparts.
I miss the old tank, and house. But that’s just me not liking to let go.

I can't recall who it was at the moment but I remember reading about a pair of Clownfish in the Marshall Islands that were studied in the wild for 25 years at the time of the article so it really helped prove, to me at least, that marine fish were far from the fragile specimens they were thought to be back in the 70s and 80s. They HAD to be robust fish in order to live in the ocean environment for that long. They definitely have a much longer life span than most freshwater fish kept in aquariums. (y)
I definitely agree that all it takes is stability and nutrition to get these critters to live a long, long life. (y)(y)

I loved the "There are two kinds of people..."

Sometimes I can't believe what kind of dumb things I can do. But usually we can get through it. So happy to hear that all the fish friends are okay.

Greg nice to hear all those geriatric fish are still kickin. My ideal house would have a floor drain... lol.

I loved the "There are two kinds of people..."

Sometimes I can't believe what kind of dumb things I can do. But usually we can get through it. So happy to hear that all the fish friends are okay.

Greg nice to hear all those geriatric fish are still kickin. My ideal house would have a floor drain... lol.

Autumn - I guess the good lord made me dumb enough to do stupid things on occasion, but bright enough to figure out how to undo the mess just as fast …. Whew !
Ps love the part of Greg’s “ geriatric “ fish

lol,…you guys are making me feel better ,..thanks

(y)(y)
I'll give you one better..... I was giving a grouper and Powder Brown Tang a freshwater bath in one of the 10 gallon freshwater tanks near the marine section of the store and got called away by a customer and forgot about them for about 1/2 hour. A customer comes up to me and asked me if those fish would do well in their S. American cichlid tank and I think "OH SH*T " and quickly get them back into their right tanks. End result: both fish lived and were definitely parasite free. (y) (y) :lol:

lol,…it’s those “ oh sh#t “ moments that bring you back to reality really quick.
Funny , as I was frantically trying to undo the mess I had created as quickly as I could the thought of the fresh water parasite treatment was flashing thru my head , I was thinking ,heck maybe it’ll do them some good in the long run ?
No doubt about it , we learn from our mistakes,… I have a sweat shirt that says
“ in order to be old and wise you first have to be young and stupid”

lol,…it’s those “ oh sh#t “ moments that bring you back to reality really quick.
Funny , as I was frantically trying to undo the mess I had created as quickly as I could the thought of the fresh water parasite treatment was flashing thru my head , I was thinking ,heck maybe it’ll do them some good in the long run ?
No doubt about it , we learn from our mistakes,… I have a sweat shirt that says
“ in order to be old and wise you first have to be young and stupid”

Absolutely!!! (y)(y)

Back
Top Bottom