Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #211
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
Congratulations!!!!!!!! I'm jealous LOL. Hope everyone in your tank shows you just how appreciative they are
Nothing to be jealous about Buffy, it's just a light fixture that I wanted to experiment with ,..on the other hand,..you are doing wonderful,...it's a little hard at first getting everything going in the right direction,... Just take your sweet time ,...there's no need to hurry with this adventure,..Slow and steady wins the race,...it's not a competition to see who can stock their tank the fastest etc,....just know your limitations,...the standard rule is to let your tank settle in for six months to a year BEFORE you start adding corals ,....before you know it YOU are going to be showing off your beautiful tank to everyone here,...I truly appreciate your comments,..thank you !!

Old 08-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #212
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Your stuff is looking great. I emphasis that what I am showing is almost 20 years old now. A lot of stuff can grow in that time. And with many "remodels" it is getting back to it's glory days. We considered tearing it down a few years ago, because it isn't a lot of work, but it has to be done like clock work and my wife and I were mixed about our feelings about it. As it turned out, the prospect of extracting it from the house and parting it out was such a horrible though, we dove back into it's rehabilitation. The mushrooms lived thru the best of times and the worst of times.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #213
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dary. First off not to sound rude but your like a good looking female who is always saying their fat.. your tank is a goal we all have in mind when we get onto this hobby.. you have it... its a beautiful setup job well done you may not know all the ways of the jedi but your on the right path.. job well done amigo.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #214
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
Your stuff is looking great. I emphasis that what I am showing is almost 20 years old now. A lot of stuff can grow in that time. And with many "remodels" it is getting back to it's glory days. We considered tearing it down a few years ago, because it isn't a lot of work, but it has to be done like clock work and my wife and I were mixed about our feelings about it. As it turned out, the prospect of extracting it from the house and parting it out was such a horrible though, we dove back into it's rehabilitation. The mushrooms lived thru the best of times and the worst of times.
I'm still truly amazed that I've gotten this far,...I know I've got a long road ahead of me and a lot of learning to do along the way,...but listening to you guys I know that thru a lot of hard work that it can be done,...it still fascinates me that we can actually have a living reef in our living room,...totally amazing!!! .... But I'm still amazed every time I see a jet aircraft take off too,.. :- /. There's So much to see and so many brains to pick ...I'm just happy and proud to be here among you guys.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #215
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421

I'm still truly amazed that I've gotten this far,...I know I've got a long road ahead of me and a lot of learning to do along the way,...but listening to you guys I know that thru a lot of hard work that it can be done,...it still fascinates me that we can actually have a living reef in our living room,...totally amazing!!! .... But I'm still amazed every time I see a jet aircraft take off too,.. :- /. There's So much to see and so many brains to pick ...I'm just happy and proud to be here among you guys.
Dary,quit being so modest,anyone with the patience to keep Parrots is going to be good at all things.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #216
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith
Dary. First off not to sound rude but your like a good looking female who is always saying their fat.. your tank is a goal we all have in mind when we get onto this hobby.. you have it... its a beautiful setup job well done you may not know all the ways of the jedi but your on the right path.. job well done amigo.
Thank you,...( I think) :- ) ,... I don't know how many of you guys have ever been to Maui and have taken " the road to Hana ".... it's not that Hana is all that special of a designation ,..but rather it's the road TO Hana,.that's so amazing ,... that's how I view this aquarium build,..I don't think I'll ever really be truly satisfied in what I've done ,because there'll always be room for improvement and changes to do to make things better,..but to me it's all about the ride to get there,... And I've just buckled up and started the journey,... I truly appreciate your insight and comments,....aloha
Old 08-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #217
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I didn't know you had parrots too. Only crazy people live with live parrots! It's worse than having 20 cats.
My 28 year old Blue and Gold McCaw, Simon agrees. And his Senegal grey buddy agrees as well. He is sitting on me sqauking as I try to type this. Fins and feathers go together.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #218
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
I didn't know you had parrots too. Only crazy people live with live parrots! It's worse than having 20 cats.
My 28 year old Blue and Gold McCaw, Simon agrees. And his Senegal grey buddy agrees as well. Heis sitting on me squeaking as I try to type this. Fins and feathers go together.
I have a lilac crowned amazon greatest bird in the world..
Old 08-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #219
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksreef

Dary,quit being so modest,anyone with the patience to keep Parrots is going to be good at all things.
Yeah maybe but I don't have any parrots,...just a terrier, fish and a great girl friend ( ..But That's where the patience may come in :-/ ). ...
Old 08-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #220
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I would enjoy my birds more if I were partially deaf (just a joke...) but I could still watch the fish and when my McCaw decided to do his turbojet engine imitation, I could just smile FYI, buying a pet that is going to outlive you and your next of kin is a humbling responsibility. I got Simon about the same time I started reefing when he was a chick. But I guess there is no reason our corals can't outlive us as well. There is no expiration date on them.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com