Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #221
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
I would enjoy my birds more if I were partially deaf (just a joke...) but I could still watch the fish and when my McCaw decided to do his turbojet engine imitation, I could just smile FYI, buying a pet that is going to outlive you and your next of kin is a humbling responsibility. I got Simon about the same time I started reefing when he was a chick. But I guess there is no reason our corals can't outlive us as well. There is no expiration date on them.
Amen isn't that the truth.. I enjoy my bird as much as my dogs.. not so much the ol ladies cats ..shh I didn't say that!

Old 08-12-2011, 03:19 AM   #222
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
Amen isn't that the truth.. I enjoy my bird as much as my dogs.. not so much the ol ladies cats ..shh I didn't say that!
I heard you say that but am zipping lips

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #223
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421

Yeah maybe but I don't have any parrots,...just a terrier, fish and a great girl friend ( ..But That's where the patience may come in :-/ ). ...
Sorry,I got you and Gregg mixed up.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #224
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksreef

Sorry,I got you and Gregg mixed up.
Not to hard to do, I think Dary may be a long lost cousin. Too much in common.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #225
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well it's been 24 hours now since I started on my new experiment with the LED lighting fixtures... So far all the corals look very happy and vibrant .. Believe me when I tell you that these pictures ( iPhone ) DO NOT show the amazing colors that the tank and corals have taken... Even the mushrooms are inflated and looking swell ( pun intended)... So.., for the first 24 hours into this., I am totally thrilled with the results...,
Old 08-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #226
Aquarium Advice Activist

Wow! Simply beautiful!
Anyone who's ever had an aquarium and tried to capture it's essence in a picture knows that pictures NEVER do justice to the aquarium.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #227
Aquarium Advice Activist

It looks like a black light poster.

Do they glow like that in person or is it just an illusion due to the picture? Sorry I'm a FW guy. Either way, it looks amazing!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:13 PM   #228
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrConnie
Wow! Simply beautiful!
Anyone who's ever had an aquarium and tried to capture it's essence in a picture knows that pictures NEVER do justice to the aquarium.
Thank you,...The colors and the shimmer that the lighting produces is amazing,....maybe I'll have to shoot some pictures with my Sony cameras to see if that'll show things better,...but it's a beautiful thing so far
Old 08-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #229
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus2112
It looks like a black light poster.

Do they glow like that in person or is it just an illusion due to the picture? Sorry I'm a FW guy. Either way, it looks amazing!
Honestly,...the corals glow exactly like they were under a black light,.....on this particular fixture I'm able to adjust the lights from white and bright to blue,...this is at the half way point ,..... The colors in the pictures are soooooooooo subdued as to what the eye actually see's,
Old 08-12-2011, 06:32 PM   #230
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Excellent. It is too early yet to make conclusions, but so far so good. My experience has been the same and I am on two years since the switch over. Again, MH is the gold standard for SPS coral growth, no argument. But I am willing to limit my specimens to those the thrive under LED because MH has too may down sides. That's why I am taking careful note of what grows under LED and what doesn't. So far I haven't found anything that doesn't grow, but I don't have the extensive colonies of SPS some on this forum have

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com