Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-11-2015, 11:39 PM   #2451
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Looking good as usual Dary!

paul87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:39 AM   #2452
Aquarium Advice Addict

Everything is looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 02-12-2015, 09:34 AM   #2453
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your tank looks great Dary! Really nice pictures of your shrooms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 02-12-2015, 05:44 PM   #2454
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thankyou all,.. Just took a few junk unfocused pictures to keep things going along ,.... Everything is good except for the chalices which are all but gone :-(. , I've been raising the alk a little each day to get back up into the normal range ,... Years ago some of you old timers might remember my buddy " vampire woman" from the forum ,she had a thing for the lavender hairy mushrooms so one day I bought a small colony of'em and those suckers are probably the best growing things in the tank ,... They just can't be killed ,..Someday maybe I'll understand things a little better but overall I guess I'm ok for what I have done.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423777288.463039.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	264153Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423777395.745209.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	264154Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423777439.953693.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	264155
Got the trike all put together and have been trying to get used to riding that monster,... It's not the easiest thing to wrestle around turns but I'm slowly ( very slowly ) managing to get the hang of it ,...it's prob the weirdest thing I've ever driven , I would imagine over time I'll have forearms like Popeye but on the other hand it's ready super cool too ,Cheers to all ,...beer time

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Old 02-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #2455
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

As you know, the forward rake has a lot to do with steering ease and radius of turns. Looks very fine.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:56 PM   #2456
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
As you know, the forward rake has a lot to do with steering ease and radius of turns. Looks very fine.

Yup ,..trying to figure all that out too ,... Toying with the idea of extended forks / rake to maybe ease the ride a bit

Old 02-17-2015, 11:12 AM   #2457
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had one of those "whoa" moments yesterday while doing my pwc ,... I have a 50 gal barrel which holds the freshly made saltwater on one side of my tank which is pumped into the main tank when it's time to do so ,.... On the other end ,I bring in a 30 gal barrel which I use for the waste water which is siphoned out of the tank at the same time ,.... I usually do about a 15 + gallon change every week. To get the waste water outside I have a submersible feed pump from an old protein skimmer which is attached to a length of garden hose which is lowered into the barrel to pump out the water into the yard .
Yesterday the pump sounded a little strange when I plugged it in and I was about to reach into the water to pull it out when I saw some blue arcing coming out of the pump. Needless to say I unplugged that baby rather quickly and found that the cords insulation was broken as it entered the pump ,....... I hate shocks ! Just the thought of it sends shivers down the back .
I will be rigging up a new pump this week for sure ,.. I think I have one or two candidates in the archive pile of aquarium goodies. I'm sure we all have a few " whoa" moments like that from our reef keeping endeavors,... Anyone one care to share ?

Old 02-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #2458
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I have gotten some pretty bad shocks in my life time. I don't enjoy them. Saltwater and ac voltage doesn't mix worth a darn. To put the two together without at least a GFI is suicide IMO. As you have seen, a frayed cord could have killed you.

Old 02-18-2015, 02:39 AM   #2459
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dary's tank!

The other day I went out to my shop to trim a pipe in my Sumps ATS. Light was not coming on and I tapped the fixture and got a shock. Ballast was fried and made the light 'hot'. As an electrician I had to change the light out. New led shop light.
Funny thing is about the same time my eldest son was at his 1st year electrical apprenticeship school and electrocuted himself when he went to move the jumpers on his motor control. He forgot to shut off the disconnect.
Nice thing about 120v North American power is its not really dangerous. Ouch, but that's about it. Unlike many European countries with 220v.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:12 AM   #2460
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
I got fried by a T5 retro fixture that fell into the tank while i was cleaning the glass. It was at the tank I maintain at a public gym. I screamed so loud people came running in to see the corpse....lol.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com