Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-16-2015, 02:03 PM   #2511
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

At 6' 3" and clumsy, gravity and I fight constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 03-16-2015, 02:41 PM   #2512
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
Are you kidding? If anything, he's Gandalph!

I can see that !! It's all starting to come into focus now

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Old 03-16-2015, 03:14 PM   #2513
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

"You shall not pass, or house that tang in a 55."

Old 03-17-2015, 03:31 PM   #2514
Aquarium Advice Addict

In anticipation of my new greg inspired egg crate condo arrival,..I just ordered a couple of frags including a small Martian coral frag ( you'd think I'd learn huh? ) and a few lyretails (?) to add some fishes too.
I cleaned out my little water testing cabinet in my kitchen and threw out a bunch of expired or never used test kits and half empty bottles of some of the same. I guess I'll stick with the Hanna kits, not that I'm in love with them either but seemingly it's prob the easiest for me to use regardless of the fact that they fail the kitchen bounce test miserably .
My girl friend just gave me the ok to book this year's Hawaiian trip so I'm kind of on cloud nine right now ,.. Wether it's maui or the big island is yet to be determined but either way there's some great snorkeling on either one,..I like Maui but love the big island , although we went to the big island twice last year ,..the big island ( kona ) will be more expensive ,...decisions ,decisions :-/

Old 03-17-2015, 04:32 PM   #2515
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Such tough decisions...
I'm trying to decide if I'm cleaning out my garage or my fish room.

Old 03-17-2015, 06:00 PM   #2516
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
Such tough decisions...
I'm trying to decide if I'm cleaning out my garage or my fish room.

Lol,... Hawaii is my carrot on the end of the stick,..just something I need to look forward to get me thru the daily grinds of life,.. Without that carrot ol'Dary gets the feeling of being confined and bottled in , and Dary don't like that ,.. It's my little oasis .
I put a down payment on the very same condo that we had last September in kona ,. With fingers crossed we'll be able to complete this adventure and explore a couple of new snorkeling spots that I've read about nearby. It's Always a neat thing to check out the local tang and trigger populations while you're there . All this Hawaii talk has got me thirsty I think it may be time to go get some adult carrot juice out of the refrig and relax a little

Old 03-22-2015, 03:49 PM   #2517
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dary's tank!

A couple of weeks ago I got a email from brs ( as I'm sure 99% of you did too ) about the Tunze coraline algae scraper ,...I've got a couple of areas that I just can't reach using my regular long handled scraper without knocking something out of the way so I thought I'd give it a try,... Using the small end scraper attachment included with unit for acrylic tanks I was finally able to scrape off a bunch of coraline algae from near rocks and right near the sand bed etc which was rather difficult to reach otherwise ,...a nice little addition to my cleaning crew. I thought I'd just pass that along in case anyone was on the cusp about buying one to try ,...imo it works pretty good.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #2518
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
A couple of weeks ago I got a email from brs ( as I'm sure 99% of you did too ) about the Tunze coraline algae scraper ,...I've got a couple of areas that I just can't reach using my regular long handled scraper without knocking something out of the way so I thought I'd give it a try,... Using the small end scraper attachment included with unit for acrylic tanks I was finally able to scrape off a bunch of coraline algae from near rocks and right near the sand bed etc which was rather difficult to reach otherwise ,...a nice little addition to my cleaning crew. I thought I'd just pass that along in case anyone was on the cusp about buying one to try ,...imo it works pretty good.

Thanks for that info Dary. I have some coraline algae I can't get to thats close to some rocks. I will give it a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 03-24-2015, 12:37 PM   #2519
Aquarium Advice Addict

They're a little pricey ,.. Just make sure you get the appropriate size for your tanks glass thickness so the magnet will keep both halves together while you take care of business ,..worked good for me ,..good luck

Old 03-25-2015, 12:39 PM   #2520
Aquarium Advice Addict

I looked on BRS and couldn't find the one you mentioned. They must be out of stock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com