Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #251
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
I agree that there are many bad units out there. Some are not even wired right. But the technology is brain dead simple from an electronic point of view. There are bargains out there, and those are what I am using because I am basically cheap. I researched it a lot and found a supplier that I am happy with...so far. I have gone for many, many 1 watt LEDs, rather than fewer higher powered parts. Dary has a more sophisticated fixture than mine are, so I guess it was a bit higher in price. I hope Dary has a good experience as well. Anyone using these should post their experiences with both good and bad units, as well as how a broad selection of corals respond. They decrease in price every year, so soon, they will be the predominant light source just from an economy/environmental impact. MH and T5 isn't going anywhere, but for many they are too much expense and trouble.
Greg,.. Nice to have someone here that's gone thru the whole learning build before me,... There's So much for me to learn,...I don't pretend to know all the answers , but I sure do have lots of question for those that do.... I'm just enjoying the ride along.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:18 AM   #252
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey hope you don't mind me tagging along for the ride too Never know if I may end up doing the diy stuff ya know.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #253
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
Hey hope you don't mind me tagging along for the ride too Never know if I may end up doing the diy stuff ya know.
Hi ya Buffy ,... Hey we always like to stop and pick up a hitch hiker every now and then,.... Have a seat and buckle up
Old 08-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #254
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan-peddle

I am doing great Dary you?? I always say you get what you pay for so a grand for a light and six pack you should see it from the moon and the six pack might get you half way lol I seen some of the 998$ + LEDs really nice fixtures and for that price I am sure they will work great

Glad all in going well
Ryan is that a picture of your kid as your avatar??? ....cute as a mushroom I'd say !!! ..... Re the LED's..... The new lfs that I just visited are changing over from the m h and flor lights to LED's ..... Their " frag" department ,..( rather extensive) ,..have been under them for a year now and they could not be happier with the results ,.... They spoke very highly of the fixtures that I got ,...pretty nice to hear some positives from the people who actually make their living selling what these lights produce. ...still have my fingers crossed though,...
Old 08-18-2011, 07:57 PM   #255
Aquarium Advice Addict

Today I went to my lfs and bought a lot of coral, and I saw a green mushroom for only $8 and bought it because of you lol
Old 08-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #256
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah that's my boy Jaxson thanks Dary
Old 08-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #257
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitherbomb
Today I went to my lfs and bought a lot of coral, and I saw a green mushroom for only $8 and bought it because of you lol
Wow!!! ...the sickness is truly spreading,.... Bet you won't be able to stop at just one!! .... Some of the more exotic ones are pretty fascinating to behold....mushrooms basically don't require a whole lot of care,...just give them a nice low quiet area in your tank with out too much water flow and they'll be very happy .... Congrats on the corals!!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #258
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah he's open completely and it looks like it's smiling lol
Old 08-18-2011, 08:28 PM   #259
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitherbomb
Yeah he's open completely and it looks like it's smiling lol
Yeah ,..I bet "dad's" smiling just a little bit too......
Old 08-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #260
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

You can end up with too many. They go into growing spurts I started with a few dozen and now have hundreds. They cover most of my rock surfaces that dont have other coral on it. The other corals tolerate them well.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com