Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well Dary hope all is well distractions are good though that's a really nice rock can't wait to see the new additions all settled in your beautiful tank

ryan-peddle said:
Well Dary hope all is well distractions are good though that's a really nice rock can't wait to see the new additions all settled in your beautiful tank

Thank you Ryan,... The tanks actually starting to look busy ... Starting to think I should have bought a bigger one !

Pictures, pictures, pictures,....Well as promised, I took a few random pictures of my new 135 as it looks today,...I actually had to turn down my blue lamps on my LEDs so the pictures would Come out ok,...as money permits I'll be adding more and more corals to the setup,..it's just a work in progress,...Dary

Attachments

• image-3010749215.jpg
    image-3010749215.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 189
  • image-3788636952.jpg
    image-3788636952.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 188
  • image-3220834038.jpg
    image-3220834038.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 197
  • image-460095441.jpg
    image-460095441.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 197
  • image-2579575126.jpg
    image-2579575126.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 206
  • image-2165347127.jpg
    image-2165347127.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 212
  • image-3200413474.jpg
    image-3200413474.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 168
  • image-4100167315.jpg
    image-4100167315.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 204
  • image-1694663467.jpg
    image-1694663467.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 187
  • image-3148498094.jpg
    image-3148498094.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 204
  • image-1405767017.jpg
    image-1405767017.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 224
  • image-1342358085.jpg
    image-1342358085.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 223
every time i click this thread your tanks look better lol. i actually just picked up a ric today just curious what kinda of current do you have on yours?

bootz said:
every time i click this thread your tanks look better lol. i actually just picked up a ric today just curious what kinda of current do you have on yours?

Hey bootz ,thank you,... The ricordeas are my favorite mushrooms,..I try and keep them out in the open where I can see'em and in the slow flow area,...aways a guessing game where they will acclimate the best,...I've been moving them a little here and there to find the honey holes,... Once they find "that" spot they seem to really suck into your rocks crevices and depressions like a suction cup,...I hope to be getting some more soon.,..good luck on your new ricordea,..what color combo did you get ?

Thanks for all the help. i picked up the Blue with green combo i was gonna get the tricolor but i am happy i picked up the blue green. Later i plan on getting the just green one.

bootz said:
Thanks for all the help. i picked up the Blue with green combo i was gonna get the tricolor but i am happy i picked up the blue green. Later i plan on getting the just green one.

Bootz ,..I'm sure I've probably got 20 or thirty ricordeas variations around my tank here and there.. Sometimes I'll find one way back there somewhere and will wonder ,where did that come from??? ,... I guess one will break away and will float around a bit until it finds it's little spot.
I eventually hope to have a large area just dedicated to ricordeas,...but we'll see how things work out over time.. Thanks for joining the tread,, Dary

1Vampiregirl said:
It looks amazing, Dary!

Wow.., sure's nice to see you here again,...soooo many more corals to buy and soooo little money to do it with,... I'm currently eyeing some more florida ricordeas ,...I really love those title saucers,...ttyl , Dary

ryan-peddle said:
It's really filling out nice and lots of happy shrooms soaking up those expensive LEDs lol

Looks amazing Dary keep up the good work

Hey ol' buddy,...yep,..I'm really happy with those expensive LEDs ,....everything seems to be happy except my wallet,....got a couple of ideas brewing,...pop a cold one and pull up a chair

Well.., here's my latest..., I've been on a real emotional roller coaster in my personal life lately and I find that by taking care of my tank every day it's been kind of a relaxing therapy for me,...the tank is running fine and seemingly tank life has been going on rather well,... Except for today,.. I stepped out for an hour this afternoon and when I returned I could not find my picaso humuhumu,...there's always been a little turmoil between my rectangular trigger and the picaso triggerfish,...it's always the rectangular who is pushing his weight around,..the picaso trigger ( " phycho ' ) is really a gentle soul and causes very little damage ,except for biting me.
Well I finally found him near the bottom of the tank really beaten up,..obviously caused by the other trigger,....dang it,...I easily caught him and placed him into my sump in high hopes that he makes it,...they both were introduced together about a year or so ago.,and for the most part were ok together.,,he is by far my favorite tank critter.
A very discouraging day for me,... Someday I'm going to net the rectangular trigger and he's going to take a ride with me to the lfs..... Got my fingers crossed that somehow he pulls thru,...take a deep breath Dary ,..something's gotta go right soon!!!

Hey Dary well it never rains just pours sorry to hear about your favorite buddy I really hope he pulls through for ya but don't be too mad at your bully trigger its just their nature but if he is the source of aggression I agree with his removal

Best of luck with everything

ryan-peddle said:
Hey Dary well it never rains just pours sorry to hear about your favorite buddy I really hope he pulls through for ya but don't be too mad at your bully trigger its just their nature but if he is the source of aggression I agree with his removal

Best of luck with everything

Ryan,..you are 100% correct,..my whole endeavor into the marine aquarium world was to keep a Hawaiian triggerfish,...specifically a rectangular trigger,... And yes as you said,..he's just doing what they do naturally ( and I know that !!!!! ) .. Just been a rough ride lately and the minds not quite right ...but,..I'm sure one way or another things will work out,... Thank you !!! ..... And the beer's always cold.

Back
Top Bottom