Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #271
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
This is my fourth or fifth mushroom. I LOVE these things. The guy had some ricordias but they were so tiny i passed on them. I wanna out a whole bunch in my new tank. I have a huge colony in my 125 and they keep dropping and landing in new places....LOL
Most of my ricordeas are probably between an inch to over two inches across,..I think soooo much depends on their location in the tank and even then they seem to vary from day to day,....they are fascinating creatures,...I'd say I probably have about 75-100 assorted mushrooms in the tank right now of various genius ,...and like I said earlier,...new tank will bring forth new mushrooms too.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #272
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

very impressive! I have a red mushroom that get to about almost 4 inches in my pico, it's blocking out the light for the one that split from it and one blue one that decided no matter where I put it that it wanted to be under this monster shroom. lol

My next shroom will for sure be ricordias, I have a shop that sells them for about $15 each and they are one or two shrooms per plug. Like most people i am running out of room. I wanted initially to have a zooa tank but the shrooms are so pretty and Ijust want more and more....lol

Old 08-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #273
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
very impressive! I have a red mushroom that get to about almost 4 inches in my pico, it's blocking out the light for the one that split from it and one blue one that decided no matter where I put it that it wanted to be under this monster shroom. lol

My next shroom will for sure be ricordias, I have a shop that sells them for about $15 each and they are one or two shrooms per plug. Like most people i am running out of room. I wanted initially to have a zooa tank but the shrooms are so pretty and Ijust want more and more....lol
Yep,...it's a disease alright ... Mushroom fever!!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:28 PM   #274
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

It's a Ricordea, but I can't tell what color it is wanting to be, likes shade and low current is my best guess. Can be fed, but won't suffer if you don't. Mine like to eat now and then. I think they adjust their size to their placement in the flow and the light available.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #275
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubby Holders
Looks amazing I think it is not a mushroom,something like a algae.
No it's differently a ricordea ., it's just what kinda of ricordea
Old 08-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #276
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421

No it's differently a ricordea ., it's just what kinda of ricordea
Unless it is a trick of lighting, it is a brown one. "Hairy" type. I have them in orange and have seen green and blue as well. Should get considerably bigger.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #277
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have a hairy shroom and its nothing like this new guy. the eye looks different and the tentacles thingees arent nearly as long.

I just wish I could trust the guy who sold it to me, he's never misguided me in the past. I;ve bought from him a few times and he's yet to "get" me on anything. lol then again he could be misinformed. I for sure don't thinkhe outright lied to me. He also had ricordeas which looked nothing like what he sold me.

This new specimen didnt even shrink up at night, while my fuzzy one and my regular shrooms do.

just like to know exactly what i have in my tank at all times. lol
Old 08-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #278
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
I have a hairy shroom and its nothing like this new guy. the eye looks different and the tentacles thingees arent nearly as long.

I just wish I could trust the guy who sold it to me, he's never misguided me in the past. I;ve bought from him a few times and he's yet to "get" me on anything. lol then again he could be misinformed. I for sure don't thinkhe outright lied to me. He also had ricordeas which looked nothing like what he sold me.

This new specimen didnt even shrink up at night, while my fuzzy one and my regular shrooms do.

I though it looked like Ricordea Floridea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1374968579.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	48679  
Old 08-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #279
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

I agree with you ,..It's Not a hairy one,..after looking over those hairy lavender ones last week , they look totally different,...it's a ricordea but wether it's a Yuma or not, only your lfs knows for sure,....doesn't really matter though,... It's a cutie anyway
Old 08-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #280
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Could be...I;m not a mushroom expert but I do have several already. This one is like the best one though, I love it. In fact on the rock its on there is another one starting to grow too, don't think the guy saw that one. lol

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com