Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont think they go quite that far...but they are pretty tough. Does this fish have a death wish? He seems determined to escape this world...

needmorecowbell said:
That is a very pretty trigger, even banged up like that. I love your corals to, they look really nice.

Lol.., that was a picture of Him BEFORE the pump accident.., I just took this picture of him in the refugium.., bad pic I know but you can see how red his lips are.. Poor guy., but he's eating very well.

Attachments

• image-2802313106.jpg
    image-2802313106.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
needmorecowbell said:
Oh.. His lips are soo red! Well I hope he gets better :( he is such a pretty fish. Wish I had a bigger tank for one.

Well 24 hours later and his lips are about 97% back to it's normal color again,.. Simply amazing !!

ryan-peddle said:
That's hard to believe Dary you got yourself a tank there lol

Hey Ryan,..hope you guys had a wonderful Xmas and you got lots of goodies,..I'm sure jaxon did !! ....as far as " phycho " goes ,..I'm telling you ,..he is a tank,.. Forget the flax jackets ,I wanna humuhumu jacket ,..
I got my new protein skimmer today and it's humming right along ,..I'm already loving it....it was my Xmas present to myself.....I'll keep you updated on pyscho ,...he really seems to enjoy the refugium,..its kinda like his castle and he's the king for once in his life .

needmorecowbell said:
Lol, a macro algae castle seems quite exquisite.

It may sound dumb ,but he really seems to like it !!! ..... And who's to argue with a tank??

Well it's been a week or so since I posted anything on this thread so for a quick update.., the Picasso triggerfish is fully recovered from his ordeal and is still king of the sump and seems quite content.
During my routine Monday morning tank maintenance I accidentally toppled a small rock directly on top of one of my wall hammer corals., after an hour or two I was watching tv and kept seeing these little neon substances jetting by in the tank.., apparently, the rock musta really did some damage to the coral.., now it's half wall hammer and half skeleton.., it was a beautiful neon green hammer too.., hopefully it'll pull thru., but I'll keep an eye on it., but I did buy another wall hammer today just in case....I also
upgrade my heater to a higher wattage one today when I visited the Lfs .
My newly acquired bubble magus protein skimmer is dialed in and is bringing out some hideous stuff in the collection cup.
tank wise everything seem fine., I thought I'd post some assorted coral shots via the trusty ol iPhone just so you'd have something to look at as you browsed thru this post., other than that ., all's ok

Attachments

• image-3752149027.jpg
    image-3752149027.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 132
  • image-3228771793.jpg
    image-3228771793.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 144
  • image-3413872943.jpg
    image-3413872943.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 131
  • image-4086297683.jpg
    image-4086297683.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 143
  • image-1781064888.jpg
    image-1781064888.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 145
  • image-4147672210.jpg
    image-4147672210.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 190
  • image-1506309826.jpg
    image-1506309826.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 118
  • image-3040841141.jpg
    image-3040841141.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 154
  • image-927085369.jpg
    image-927085369.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 140
  • image-2539235542.jpg
    image-2539235542.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 143
  • image-2921508913.jpg
    image-2921508913.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 148
  • image-3612003543.jpg
    image-3612003543.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 149
  • image-1172703169.jpg
    image-1172703169.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 150
  • image-3677904404.jpg
    image-3677904404.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 137
  • image-1069802861.jpg
    image-1069802861.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 138
Goodness, your corals are looking fantastic! Glad to hear about the trigger too.

Nice job...everything is lookin good. Easy isn't it? When it's going right at least it is. You are in a groove...don't change anything! Watch out for that heater...they can be disastrous.

Thank you guys... Happy to hear that you think I might be doing something right for a change,.... Greg,..re.the heater,..I was running my old 250 watt heater that I was using on my old 75 gal tank,.. A couple of frosty nites here ( yes,..San Diego gets mighty cold a little inland at nite too ). Had brought the tank temp down a tad or two,..so I figured I'd up things to a 400 watt'er ,... Yep,..got my eye on it,..watching it like a hawk.
The injured neon green wall hammer is looking like its not going to make it,..getting smaller with each passing day,,. boy., too bad cuz it was so healthy and beautiful.,probably the prettiest coral I had in the tank.

Thank you guys... Happy to hear that you think I might be doing something right for a change,.... Greg,..re.the heater,..I was running my old 250 watt heater that I was using on my old 75 gal tank,.. A couple of frosty nites here ( yes,..San Diego gets mighty cold a little inland at nite too ). Had brought the tank temp down a tad or two,..so I figured I'd up things to a 400 watt'er ,... Yep,..got my eye on it,..watching it like a hawk.
The injured neon green wall hammer is looking like its not going to make it,..getting smaller with each passing day,,. boy., too bad cuz it was so healthy and beautiful.,probably the prettiest coral I had in the tank.

Hey Dary, I think that's what I did to my Encrusted Horn, it was bright green also. I set up a 10 gal, with heater and circ pump and put him in there, no lights (cause I didn't have any) then he had pretty much no green left, he had become completely white and stayed that way for something like 2-3 weeks nothing but skeleton, HOWEVER, he is about 50-60% recovered now. No med's or anything except just a little Reef Snow 1 a week and a couple drops of Essential Minerals 1x a week. And kick my butt if you want but I did not do any water changes either, he started in good saltwater and I just top it off, I have since added a little poly filter to the pump suction, I still don't do water changes on that tank, I top off every 3 days (on purpose btw). You may want to try it. I plan on putting him back after I get everything back together and settled in the 75g.

I think it's been about what 2 months now, not sure, it's somewhere in my thread.

Hope this helps if you decide to try it, let me know how it goes for you.

P.S. Awesomely Absolutely Amazing Awe-inspiring Corals :brows: Oh and glad Mr. Trigger is doing good too. LOL

What are those neon whiteish blue zoas called? Everything is jaw dropping in your tank, I'm quite jealous. Sorry to hear about the hammer, I have always been a fan of them because of the way they move.

What are those neon whiteish blue zoas called? Everything is jaw dropping in your tank, I'm quite jealous. Sorry to hear about the hammer, I have always been a fan of them because of the way they move.

wow,..to be honest with you i really cant rememver what they "offically" called them,....theyve been in the tank for quite sometime and after awhile some of the names just kinda fade away from me ,..kinda like walking into a room and wondering why you went in there in the first place,....to me theyre just a pretty zoa at this point.....glad you like them .

Back
Top Bottom