Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #341
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

1/4 will be fine you can turn around and go back to home depot lol

Old 08-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #342
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan-peddle
1/4 will be fine you can turn around and go back to home depot lol
It's amazing to me that for any project you do ,..you make about three runs to home depot to get all the junk you thought you'd get in the first trip... Thanks Ryan

Old 08-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #343
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421

It's amazing to me that for any project you do ,..you make about three runs to home depot to get all the junk you thought you'd get in the first trip... Thanks Ryan
Lol I am in the trade building cabinets everyday and we still make 2-3 runs a day lol
Old 08-31-2011, 12:19 AM   #344
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I laid down a layer of that rubber anti skid material to cushion the tank a little
Old 08-31-2011, 01:07 AM   #345
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
I laid down a layer of that rubber anti skid material to cushion the tank a little
Also a great idea I am just partial to the cushion of styrofoam

Dary do you have a build thread for your new tank?
Old 08-31-2011, 07:06 PM   #346
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Also a great idea I am just partial to the cushion of styrofoam

Dary do you have a build thread for your new tank?
Ryan,...I dropped by home depot on my way home and said hi to everyone for you and found a nice sheet of styrofoam installation. ( 1/2" ) and cut it down to fit under my new tank which HASN'T showed up yet at the lfs,...also bought 132#'s of sand at my other lfs but may get a little more later on,.... as far as a new tank building thread,..nah,...this looks like it's developing to be Dary's universal what ever goes on thread so with the moderators permissions we'll just keep it going,..... One thing I'm going to do is use all new sand in the new tank,...reason being that previously I had black sand ( gravel) in my 75 gal tank which looked rather hideous IMO so I added some white sand over the top of it which looked great for awhile but soon it sank and the black gravel rose to the top as in a fight for dominance ,.... So this time I'm going white sand 100% this time,..... I think I'm going to try and seed my sand for a couple of few weeks or so to build up a bacteria colony BEFORE I introduce it into the new setup,... I don't know if my timing really sucks on this whole thing or not but my 75 gal tank is really starting to look beautiful these days.., I suppose once I actually get everything set up and transferred into the new 135 it'll look great but,....that's another story...
Old 08-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #347
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Darys universal whatever's going on thread lol that would make a great thread title

Glad everything is looking good one question though is your new LEDs going to fit your new tank?
Old 08-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #348
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Darys universal whatever's going on thread lol that would make a great thread title

Glad everything is looking good one question though is your new LEDs going to fit your new tank?
Re.LED's ...I believe they'll work out perfectly ,... And if I do need another fixture than I wouldn't hesitate to get another one of the same fixtures that I already have ... Re. "Darys universal whatever's going on thread". ... Yeah , I like that title too,...kinda takes the guess work outa whats going on..thanks for the tip with the styrofoam at home depot.,..saw some nice mushrooms at the lfs but walked away,...and avoided looking at any other corals too,..( for the time being....).
Old 09-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #349
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Haven't seen a post in a while Dary how are things going any progress?
Old 09-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #350
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

He's in Hawaii I think.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com