Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ryan., there's not really much to report on the ol'tank front.. Most everything is just chugging along as normal ., no ups or downs.., so I just randomly shot a few assorted pictures to satisfy the craving... On a personal note., I just booked my annual Hawaii trip for this fall., so come October I should have some cool snorkeling photos.., I also started running again and have been steadily gaining distance and endurance., it's kinda nice to be able to breathe again!!

Attachments

• image-1648120524.jpg
    image-1648120524.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 94
  • image-2618438658.jpg
    image-2618438658.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 99
  • image-168157335.jpg
    image-168157335.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 97
  • image-2105784235.jpg
    image-2105784235.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 132
  • image-1552065769.jpg
    image-1552065769.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 107
  • image-3583158227.jpg
    image-3583158227.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 98
  • image-202820847.jpg
    image-202820847.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 88
  • image-90300591.jpg
    image-90300591.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 130
  • image-1472261399.jpg
    image-1472261399.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 88
EriksFish315 said:
That green stuff looks sweet what is it?

If its the second picture., and if memory serves me right it's a wessophyllia ( if I spelled it right ) brain coral

No change can be a good thing your doing something right you got some healthy corals

On a side note how is your trigger doing the tough little buddy?

ryan-peddle said:
No change can be a good thing your doing something right you got some healthy corals

On a side note how is your trigger doing the tough little buddy?

He's still king of the sump and loving it...

Buffy said:
Looking awesome as it always does. :)

Well ., thank you ., I've kinda have gotten to the point where it seems like the less I try to do the better things seem to do on their own... Besides the pwc's and getting the algae off of the viewing panel every couple of days everything seems to have settled in ( knock on wood ) and has been doing good.
I think for now I've got enough coral to keep me happy for awhile and the three fish is all I want so I'm happy there also.
I'm happy to see that a lot of friends in different threads are finally trying out the LEDs ., after having these running on my tank for the last seven or eight months I can honestly say that all the corals are growing very very well and I love most everything about them., I'm sure you'll all be impressed with them too.
Other than that ., all's well out here :)

Whenever I have the chance, I'd like to buy them. It would probably save me money in the longrun because of the bulb replacements.

mr_X said:
Did you get the same ones I ordered?

Doug., I bought (3) stark 60 w Cree fixtures ( 3 wt bulbs and dimmable)) for my tank... They seem to be doing a beautiful job of keeping everything up and running .. If memory serves me they were about $400 a unit

Last edited:
Dary...you have it right. Like a garden, messing with it all the time just screws it up. Once you establish "your groove" all you need to do is monitor and stay on the path.

I have found that Mr_X and I have one thing in common...we are both pretty tight with a dollar and tend towards DIY. I have enjoyed experimenting with him and have found he and I agree on one thing...if it works, it works. Good LEDs grow coral very well and the price difference is generally cosmetics and features like dimming.

Gregcoyote said:
Dary...you have it right. Like a garden, messing with it all the time just screws it up. Once you establish "your groove" all you need to do is monitor and stay on the path.

I have found that Mr_X and I have one thing in common...we are both pretty tight with a dollar and tend towards DIY. I have enjoyed experimenting with him and have found he and I agree on one thing...if it works, it works. Good LEDs grow coral very well and the price difference is generally cosmetics and features like dimming.

Greg.... I simply bought the best unit that I could at the time..., you and doug are light years ( pun intended ). Ahead of me in this field and I applaud you guys for your diy knowledge and ability to save a few bucks.
You guys might be able to put together a led unit that'll blow mine out of the water for $ 50 but I'm truly happy for what I got..it works !
I've learned so much from you guys ., maybe someday I'll be old and wise..,heck I'm 50% there now .( 60 in April )

Dary421 said:
Greg.... I simply bought the best unit that I could at the time..., you and doug are light years ( pun intended ). Ahead of me in this field and I applaud you guys for your diy knowledge and ability to save a few bucks.
You guys might be able to put together a led unit that'll blow mine out of the water for $ 50 but I'm truly happy for what I got..it works !
I've learned so much from you guys ., maybe someday I'll be old and wise..,heck I'm 50% there now .( 60 in April )

Not the point I was trying to make. I was just describing how all of us approach the hobby slightly differently. Not having any money forces you to be a bit more resourceful, that is all. I like nice things as well...it is just that I enjoy saving money and building things.

Not the point I was trying to make. I was just describing how all of us approach the hobby slightly differently. Not having any money forces you to be a bit more resourceful, that is all. I like nice things as well...it is just that I enjoy saving money and building things.

Couldn't agree more. While it would be very nice to walk in and lay down some serious cash for something I want, I find that building it myself gives me something to stay busy with. On top of that, when it is done, I get to admire it. (y) 90% of my tank and associate equipment is DIY. What isn't DIY I got in payment for doing electrical work for other reefers. LOL

Don't get the wrong idea here... I love DIY projects and I do many of them., the only point that I was trying to make here is that electrical and lighting ARE NOT my cup of tea ., i know nothing about them so instead of my usual DIY project , in THIS CASE I'm forced to go to the store and get the best unit that I can even though it may cost me lots more $$$
Once I start messing with electricity I can do a lot of serious damage ... Got to know when to hold'em and when to fold'em ... In this case a typical DIY Dary project is out of the question:-(..... I'd probably end up shorting out San Diego for a week! ....,more power to you guys that can do the DIY fixtures., I just don't have the knowledge to do it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom