Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #371
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well,..minor little update here.... Two and a half weeks ago my tank was 100% guaranteed to here the following wednesday,...well Wednesday came and gone,... I called the lfs for my tanks status,... Opps,... It'll be here Saturday late afternoon for sure,... Sunday I drive down there and they state that it may have been delivered to the main whale house but it'll be here on Monday ( labor day for sure..) Labor day came and went ,..so I expected the tank to show up on their regular delivery day ( Wednesday )... so here it is Thursday and no word yet,... So I called them and asked to speak to the mgr who I had originally placed the order with,.... The clerk who answered stated that it was totally his fault that he did not follow up on the order ,...he said.." we do not operate like this,..but I assure you it was 100% my fault,...." I told him that it was really getting to the point that I was getting totally po about being told that it would be " 100% guaranteed " and not having it show up,...after all,..I've got a $500 deposit on this tank already,...and I'm still no closer to the tank than I was two weeks or so ago,... He ". 100 % guaranteed " that it would be here " next" Wednesday,....it takes a tremendous amount of Crap to make me come unglued,...but I'm coming close,...for the sake of humanity I hope the tank comes in on Wednesday !!!!!
.... This also might be a good time to ask them about a screwed over price on a new return pump....

Old 09-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #372
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I deal with this stuff every day. Take a deep breath and set out the goals they have to meet in order for you to feel like paying them. Share those goals with them and hold them to task. Squeaky wheel gets greased, unfortunately. Time to squeak. Calm, low tones works better than any excitement. They want your money, you want a tank. Should work out.
Most of these aquarium guys seem to be pretty fly by the seat of your pants types, even the bigger ones.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #373
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
I deal with this stuff every day. Take a deep breath and set out the goals they have to meet in order for you to feel like paying them. Share those goals with them and hold them to task. Squeaky wheel gets greased, unfortunately. Time to squeak. Calm, low tones works better than any excitement. They want your money, you want a tank. Should work out.
Most of these aquarium guys seem to be pretty fly by the seat of your pants types, even the bigger ones.
I know,..it's just getting really really frustrating....ooooosh.....( sound of me taking a deep breath )
Old 09-09-2011, 12:54 AM   #374
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I had my tank custom made many years ago. The front piece of acrylic has two bends in it to make the front three sided. They bent the plastic over red hot pipes. Took forever, but in the end it was worth it. I remember wondering if I hadn't just wasted my money.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:23 AM   #375
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Once that new tank is sitting in you living room all will be forgotten cause that's when the real work starts
Old 09-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #376
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan-peddle
Once that new tank is sitting in you living room all will be forgotten cause that's when the real work starts
Lol... Yeah ., But it's getting the tank there In the first place that's wearing me a little thin...quite a blackout we had yesterday., like Calif and into Arizona ...( 6-8 hours + - ) Thank god I bought my generator !!! .. Just got to remember to buy more gas next time !!! :- / Everything tank wise is a- ok....
Old 09-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #377
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
I had my tank custom made many years ago. The front piece of acrylic has two bends in it to make the front three sided. They bent the plastic over red hot pipes. Took forever, but in the end it was worth it. I remember wondering if I hadn't just wasted my money.
Thanks Greg....., I know it'll be fine in the long run..,thanks for the pep talk
Old 09-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #378
Aquarium Advice Addict

Latest update re.my new tank,...once again ,. My 100% guaranteed tank delivery on Wednesday passed without fanfare,...I called the aquarium shop and " Ken" ( the guy who screwed up in the first place). Told me that they did everything right this week but the tank co. representative called and wanted to talk the the store's mgr about the 135 ,...apparently , the tank people somehow screwed up on their end of he deal,.... Mike the lfs mgr told them that his customer has been screwed with on this whole deal from the start and that I should have had the tank three weeks ago,..the screw up is partially from the lfs and partially the tank manufacturer,... Mike told me that according to the tank manufacturer the tank will be there "next Wednesday" with a discount ,...mike told me that " he'll make me happy"...100% guarantee ,it'll be here next Wednesday!!!! ...we'll see....I think I need some tranquilizers !!!!
P.s. After re thinking the whole sump thing,..I ordered a sump that'll handle a tank to 225 gals,..and a mag 12 for my return pump,..hopefully everything will be here by the time I leave for Hawaii ( 10 days),,, we'll keep you posted
Old 09-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #379
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Awesome Dary gotta love discounts solid plan on the sump too I will keep my fingers crossed it's coming Wednesday good luck
Old 09-15-2011, 10:06 PM   #380
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan-peddle
Awesome Dary gotta love discounts solid plan on the sump too I will keep my fingers crossed it's coming Wednesday good luck
Thanks Ryan,...but another week or so of this and mild mannered Dary is going to explode !!! ... Hopefully,..the "discount" will be enough to be worth the aggravation ... 5% = $50. 10% = $100...mike the mgr says whatever they take off of the top ,he's giving it to me,...with my luck it'll be 1% ...

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com