Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-18-2011, 04:52 PM   #431
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a room mate who's a certified diver who learned in hawai'i. Gonna have to kick him when I get home, due to these pictures.

Weird fact, he doesn't get why I want aquariums. (Shrugs)

Old 10-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #432
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a room mate who is "Certified" too. I call her my wife. LOL

Old 10-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #433
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan-peddle
Wow Dary looks great man rock work is amazing can't say enough bet your glad to be done?
Thanks Ryan., it was sure nice to get the135 up and running BEFORE the transfer ., but it sure made for a long day !! Happy to say everything doing great., cleaning up the mess today and removing the 75 gal tank ... I took a couple of pictures this morning before the blue LEDs came on., for some reason the blue leds look wonderful in person but make your photos suck.. Hope these help :--/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1589118256.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	56963   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2903241931.jpg
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	56964  

Name:	image-4191615748.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	56965   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2870702536.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	56966  

Name:	image-1607568393.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	56967  
Old 10-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #434
Aquarium Advice Addict

Man, that looks fantastic.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #435
Aquarium Advice Addict

Like your rock work.Do you think you will have to get one more light fixture,or is it just the pictures that show a gap in light density in the middle?
Old 10-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #436
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksreef
Like your rock work.Do you think you will have to get one more light fixture,or is it just the pictures that show a gap in light density in the middle?
Nah there's a gap for sure BUT before I get another fixture I'm going wait and see what happens coral growth wise ., might be a nice place for a fancy mushroom colony or two ... If not than I'll get another led fixture down the road..., the tank looks a lot better in person than the pictures show
Old 10-18-2011, 11:39 PM   #437
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

How has coral growth been? My soft and LPS corals have grown like wildfire, mushrooms have finally adapted after almost a year and are now fully inflated, LPS growing, montiporia and several chalice corals are growing great but my acroporia and stag horn isn't growing very fast. But then they are painfully slow growers and the presence of the softies doesn't help. Thinking about a more powerful 330 watt main fixture this winter.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #438
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
How has coral growth been? My soft and LPS corals have grown like wildfire, mushrooms have finally adapted after almost a year and are now fully inflated, LPS growing, montiporia and several chalice corals are growing great but my acroporia and stag horn isn't growing very fast. But then they are painfully slow growers and the presence of the softies doesn't help. Thinking about a more powerful 330 watt main fixture this winter.
hey greg,...well right now due to my big tank transfer the coral world has to readjust a little bit,...some of my softies,leathers have grown alot since i bought the led's,...the mushroom community has been good and bad,...some are doing amazingly well while other little groups hve shrunken considerably,...the few hard corals that i have seemed to have grown very well also,...im not too worried though,...now that ive got my new tank up and running its time to once again buy some more corals,mushrooms etc,....tank looks a little barren since the switch over,...loits more space.
maybe ill go check on that "vampire girl" hairy lavender mushroom rock colony that i was watching a while ago...i feel a shopping spree coming up.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #439
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I am making a weekly trip to the LFS with my bag full of coral frags to sell or trade, so I guess I won't gripe about anything!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #440
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
I am making a weekly trip to the LFS with my bag full of coral frags to sell or trade, so I guess I won't gripe about anything!
Nice.!!.... I just visited my " other" Lfs and bought a small/medium sized torch Coral , a small/ medium green hammer coral ( my resident hammer coral has probably grown 10 x the size since I introduced it.. I guess I must be doing something right ! ) AND I bought the long awaited " vampire girl" hairy lavender mushroom colony that I've been looking at for the last 4-5 months!!! ... I only hope that she unfolds like it looked like at the Lfs...I may have to jostle it around alittle bit to find it a place where it wants to be ., but it's a beautiful cluster if I can pull it off right... We'll see.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com