Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ecotech powerhead plugged in and running.....we'll see over time how it effects my system if at all. My triggerfish was very curious about the new flow pattern and seemed to enjoy swimming up to about a foot from it ,than swam to match the output speed so he stayed motionless for a few seconds before veering off. ,Kinda like a kid with a new circus ride.
Hopefully this will be a good investment :-/ ,

Dary421 said:
Ecotech powerhead plugged in and running.....we'll see over time how it effects my system if at all. My triggerfish was very curious about the new flow pattern and seemed to enjoy swimming up to about a foot from it ,than swam to match the output speed so he stayed motionless for a few seconds before veering off. ,Kinda like a kid with a new circus ride.
Hopefully this will be a good investment :-/ ,

That's worth it alone Dary lol I am sure once you tune it in and program it the way you want it will make a difference

About 24 hours into the new ecotech pump and water's crystal clear and healthy... Still not 100% sure exactly how to adjust this thing yet but so far so good

Attachments

• image-3900064299.jpg
    image-3900064299.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 94
  • image-2158099628.jpg
    image-2158099628.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 91
I'm jealous of all you rich people with fancy equipment. Lol. I have ecoray lights and hydor korilla power heads and a good old mag pump. Lol. Maybe one day I'll get the apex and have some fun. But for now everything just works on timers from homedepot. Lol. My wave maker works by me sticking my hand in the tank and swishing it around. The good ol poor man style.

Jlsardina said:
I'm jealous of all you rich people with fancy equipment. Lol. I have ecoray lights and hydor korilla power heads and a good old mag pump. Lol. Maybe one day I'll get the apex and have some fun. But for now everything just works on timers from homedepot. Lol. My wave maker works by me sticking my hand in the tank and swishing it around. The good ol poor man style.

That's not too bad, it could be oddysea lights and rio pumps lol. Timers from home depot are what I have also, I'm pretty annoyed of all the clutter from them.

needmorecowbell said:
That's not too bad, it could be oddysea lights and rio pumps lol. Timers from home depot are what I have also, I'm pretty annoyed of all the clutter from them.

I got wise eventually and have them all mounted on the wall now and zip ties are my friend. Just make sure you label your chords!

needmorecowbell said:

Ouch that hurt! I'm using rio pumps now and was going to buy Oddysea led strips lol

Jlsardina said:
I got wise eventually and have them all mounted on the wall now and zip ties are my friend. Just make sure you label your chords!

Lol,..most of my timers are from Walmart !!! .... And I've got more zip ties than I care to admit,..even got a couple that are a 2 1/2 feet long holding up something or another.... Not in much better shape than anyone else,...I just happened to get one ecotech pump to replace two of the four koralias that I currently running in the tank ,. And I know what you mean about labeling your cords ,.sometimes it's like following a piece of spaghetti on a plate to find the one to unplug . We should have a contest to see who has the most cords ( fire hazards ) under , over ,and thru their tanks,..that would be scary.... Really scary. :-/

Dary421 said:
Lol,..most of my timers are from Walmart !!! .... And I've got more zip ties than I care to admit,..even got a couple that are a 2 1/2 feet long holding up something or another.... Not in much better shape than anyone else,...I just happened to get one ecotech pump to replace two of the four koralias that I currently running in the tank ,. And I know what you mean about labeling your cords ,.sometimes it's like following a piece of spaghetti on a plate to find the one to unplug . We should have a contest to see who has the most cords ( fire hazards ) under , over ,and thru their tanks,..that would be scary.... Really scary. :-/

At least with all our fire hazards we have the two best sources for putting out a fire. Just not electric ones. Lol. Smh

Ibrahim said:
Ouch that hurt! I'm using rio pumps now and was going to buy Oddysea led strips lol

Lol sorry! I haven't looked into led strips from them yet but I know their t5s were dangerous. Almost caught my house on fire. It was a power supply issue. But rio... Man, you gotta upgrade!

needmorecowbell said:
Lol sorry! I haven't looked into led strips from them yet but I know their t5s were dangerous. Almost caught my house on fire. It was a power supply issue. But rio... Man, you gotta upgrade!

Lol it's for my phosphate reactor. My return is a mag. Wow sorry to hear that. I've used their t5s and and halides with no problems but I wouldve gone with a different fixture from the beginning if I knew what I know now. I'm running Nova extreme 4 bulb t5 but the algae is making my tank look ehhh

Ibrahim said:
Lol it's for my phosphate reactor. My return is a mag. Wow sorry to hear that. I've used their t5s and and halides with no problems but I wouldve gone with a different fixture from the beginning if I knew what I know now. I'm running Nova extreme 4 bulb t5 but the algae is making my tank look ehhh

I was in contact with odyssea before I ordered my t5 and the overheating issue is resolved and they are now backed with a 2 year warranty just something to consider

Yeah I though it was too. I've used my 608w halide/t5s (now sold) for over 2 years with no problems. But it would get real hot to the touch

Ibrahim said:

I have a rio on my reactor as well. It's cheap but does the job!

I have one on my skimmer and something is wrong with it, its starting to make some odd noises. Still does the job though.

ryan-peddle said:
I was in contact with odyssea before I ordered my t5 and the overheating issue is resolved and they are now backed with a 2 year warranty just something to consider

I did buy mine a while ago, I'm glad they fixed their issues. I might be willing to buy from them again if they did fix everything.

needmorecowbell said:
I did buy mine a while ago, I'm glad they fixed their issues. I might be willing to buy from them again if they did fix everything.

I bought a 24" 4 bulb a couple months ago with stock lights and it grew LPS pretty easily.

Back
Top Bottom