Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's pretty good, I'm sure if you added ati's it could handle sps then. And for the money you would save, the ati's would be worth it.

I still say led's all the way though. Gotta love my taotronic dimmables :D

needmorecowbell said:
That's pretty good, I'm sure if you added ati's it could handle sps then. And for the money you would save, the ati's would be worth it.

I still say led's all the way though. Gotta love my taotronic dimmables :D

I know. I had a small tank so it'd be an overkill

Well,..small update,...I had a little update in rich's thread re.the new powerhead ,...but for those of you who may not have read it ,...we were discussing the price of the ecotech powerhead and wether it was actually worth the money,.... In a nutshell,..I was very seriously questioning my sanity for ordering one of these extremely pricey pumps,...I'm sure that 90% of the expense has to deal with the exotic "driver" wave maker control box ,....so after I FINALLY figured out how to actually program the unit properly ,via utube, quick starting guide etc ,I've had it up and running for two whole days now,... I really like how you can chose which " mode" may be the right one for YOUR tank,...once you've chosen the mode you desire you can adjust the power and overall pulsations etc to fine tune everything to your tank.. Its really a pretty neat wave making machine in itself.....so far I'm very pleased with the unit.,...it's really seems to be a very well built and hefty item.
Someday I'll like to get another one for the other side of my tank but that can wait for awhile ....,tank looks good and everything seems in order

Attachments

• image-3067621454.jpg
    image-3067621454.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 118
  • image-3770387021.jpg
    image-3770387021.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 88
  • image-554141904.jpg
    image-554141904.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Told u. And as for fire hazards just make sure u don't plug to many things drawing to many amps into one power strip. Other wise u can melt and burn the wires. Volts divided by watts gives u ur amps if anyone is interested. And if u are over ur limit don't worry because the devices probably don't use what it says on the tag. A one amp powerhead probably uses like a quarter amp

Jason M said:
Told u. And as for fire hazards just make sure u don't plug to many things drawing to many amps into one power strip. Other wise u can melt and burn the wires. Volts divided by watts gives u ur amps if anyone is interested. And if u are over ur limit don't worry because the devices probably don't use what it says on the tag. A one amp powerhead probably uses like a quarter amp

Yeah yeah yeah. ( lol) ,..... In my case the fire department is about a mile away,....fortunately ,..I think most things in the aquarium world draws very little energy so you can pack a mind boggling array of wires ,cables ,pumps,reactors etc and still not "blackout" your city...:-/

Not black out but catch fire. Some people will take a power supply with six outlets and turn it into twelve. I have a jungle of wires under my tank and they do get hot

Jason M said:
How's that mp40 doing

It hasn't caught on fire yet nor caused a blackout in San Diego,....but,...overall it does a nice job .. I think in the long run the system would probably benefit from having another unit ( mp40) on the other side of the tank in sync with the first one.,that way the two units would actually work together on the same mode and wouldn't have to compete against the koralias.,...I'm sure that will be coming down the line at some point but for now everything's cool.

Well,..small update,...I had a little update in rich's thread re.the new powerhead ,...but for those of you who may not have read it ,...

So you are saying no one ever reads my posts???? LOL Just kidding. :lol: Sure wish I could afford a couple of those. Right now I have a Koralia 3 and a 2 on my 125. I am thinking I need to add something to the center of the back wall. Nems have been moving non stop since I set the tank up 2 weeks ago and I am just not sure if it was the temp light or lack of flow or just the new tank. I moved all my established rock and some new live rock but I am just not sure. Since adding the LED lights night before last the nems are looking MUCH better today so I am thinking it had to do with the lights. I am gradually raising the intensity but it is still only at about 25%.

Great to hear you are liking the new powerheads dary! I'm still holding off on that huge money dump myself. I really really want to try them out with the radions hanging over my tank. I think it would be really awesome to do, since there is so much you can program into all of them. It would also be great with the "feed mode" and "acclimate mode" which can be done with a touch of a button from the radions.

rdnelson99 said:
So you are saying no one ever reads my posts???? LOL Just kidding. :lol: Sure wish I could afford a couple of those. Right now I have a Koralia 3 and a 2 on my 125. I am thinking I need to add something to the center of the back wall. Nems have been moving non stop since I set the tank up 2 weeks ago and I am just not sure if it was the temp light or lack of flow or just the new tank. I moved all my established rock and some new live rock but I am just not sure. Since adding the LED lights night before last the nems are looking MUCH better today so I am thinking it had to do with the lights. I am gradually raising the intensity but it is still only at about 25%.

Rich,.. Nah,..just didn't wanna hijack your well read thread,.,.i figured i better move my junk over here so we didn't have the same discussion on two depart threads,. It's actually pretty cool when you set up a new tank ,rearrange stuff or add new equipment like lights,pumps etc to see how your residents reacts.
Like you said,.sometimes it may be the lights, or the flow or a combination of things,...it's just a learning experience,.. I think everything will settle in for you soon enough.

Sniperhank said:
Great to hear you are liking the new powerheads dary! I'm still holding off on that huge money dump myself. I really really want to try them out with the radions hanging over my tank. I think it would be really awesome to do, since there is so much you can program into all of them. It would also be great with the "feed mode" and "acclimate mode" which can be done with a touch of a button from the radions.

Boy, there's so many different things that you can do with them,... I have only just begun to explore the possibilities,...I'm actually glad I already have my lights set up so that'll eliminate that part,... It kind of reminds me of a really fancy watch that'll have 23 different functions built into it but you only use it to tell time and check the date.,... I'm really interested in eventually getting another some day like I stated earlier,..but due to the high cost ,i don't see that happening for quite some time.
Overall,.the whole tank has been getting back to its old self again so I think if everything continues to stabilize ill probably start adding some more corals fairly soon ,..keep up the good work !!!

Rich,.. Nah,..just didn't wanna hijack your well read thread,.,.i figured i better move my junk over here so we didn't have the same discussion on two depart threads,. It's actually pretty cool when you set up a new tank ,rearrange stuff or add new equipment like lights,pumps etc to see how your residents reacts.
Like you said,.sometimes it may be the lights, or the flow or a combination of things,...it's just a learning experience,.. I think everything will settle in for you soon enough.

LOL Funny you should say that. Just posted some very good news on that build thread. :D

...so, yesterday afternoon I'm watching tv when I notice that my one week old ecotech mp 40 driver is flashing an error code,...wow !! A moment of panic is suddenly transformed into another panic based search to try and find out just what this code is trying to say.
A Internet search discovers that it's in a " stall " mode, which means that something may be obstructing the propeller or causing an issue with it turning properly. I take the " wet" portion of the unit out of the tank and find nothing wrong,...I plug it back in and she starts to operate as normal,..whew !! ,a few minutes later the same warning code starts flashing again ,..once the error mode is flashing your pump is in a non operating mode...great!! Numerous dunks into the tank and many unplugging the unit back and forth only resulted in the same flashing error code.
I did manage to keep it running normally for over an hour once but it would usually only last a few seconds to a few minutes before showing the error code again.thank goodness I have some spare koralias on hand .
I called their tech support when they opened this morning and explained to the tech what I went thru,..a new mp40 is on the way along with a prepaid return shipping tag returning the pump back o ecotech for a lobotomy. I hope this is an isolated case .
Hopefully the new one will perform flawlessly as designed,. Cuz, I have really gotten to like them., just kind of a tainted start .

Wow, sorry to hear about your troubles. On a good note though, ecotech's customer service is supposed to be top of the line, and I guess it';s true since you are already half way to getting your issue remedied.

Hope the new one shows up and works like a charm going forward.

carey said:
Wow, sorry to hear about your troubles. On a good note though, ecotech's customer service is supposed to be top of the line, and I guess it';s true since you are already half way to getting your issue remedied.

Hope the new one shows up and works like a charm going forward.

Thanks carey.., ive got my fingers crossed!!!

I know right? I'm still cringing about the money I spent on the mp10 I got. LOL And the worst part is i see no discernible difference between it and my koralia. maybe a slightly different water pattern going out of it but thats it as far as i can tell.

Not sure if I'm a fool anf got taken in by the hype or if i'm just not seeing it. LOL

Either way Dary, let us know how the process goes for your return. :)

carey said:
I know right? I'm still cringing about the money I spent on the mp10 I got. LOL And the worst part is i see no discernible difference between it and my koralia. maybe a slightly different water pattern going out of it but thats it as far as i can tell.

Not sure if I'm a fool anf got taken in by the hype or if i'm just not seeing it. LOL

Either way Dary, let us know how the process goes for your return. :)

Yeah ., its a lot of money for sure BUT after using this unit for a week ii was very impressed ( except for this incident of course ). If the new pump works as expected ., id get another one for sure when the money's right. .. ., carey., what mode are you running with your mp10?

Back
Top Bottom