Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, we have a great one here in Atlanta. Fantastic people and the good LFS really support us. OK Darry, I will let you have your thread back. Sorry for the hijack. :)

rdnelson99 said:
Yup, we have a great one here in Atlanta. Fantastic people and the good LFS really support us. OK Darry, I will let you have your thread back. Sorry for the hijack. :)

Lol . , never a hijack over here rich.., just following along.

rdnelson99 said:

Just found out about the one in Pittsburgh. Went yesterday and loved it. I met the person who created the bean animal overflow and Anthony Calfo. I was excited to say the least :)

I met the person who created the bean animal overflow.

Shake his had for me please. I love my Bean Animal. If I ever buy a new tank, I am either getting it non-drilled so I can drill my own or having them drill it to my specifications. With the partial coast-2-coast overflow it does a fantastic job of surface skimming and is a quiet as a church mouse. (y)

Hey, I tried sending you a pm but it would go cause your mailbox is full, wanna make a spot so I can pm you when I get home from work?

So seeing that I'm employed in the " sport fishing" industry and seeing that this is the fish forum I thought I'd share this with you,.... Yesterday a few of my friends and co workers decided to charter out one of our large sprtfishing boats for a quick trip into Mexican waters to try and catch some "yellowtails" which have showed up recently,..for those of you who are not familiar with yellow tails , they are a member of the " jack" family much like the trevalys or the eastern amberjacks. ,they are noted for their unbelievable power and endurance,..we ,( " the boys") fish for them by casting large metal jigs using nine to ten foot rods towards breaking fish on the surface or by watching the birds which'll let you know where the are. ,hookups are a major adrenalin rush followed by some sizzling runs ,then some back breaking sulking under the boat refusing to budge or give an inch,..they are without a doubt one of the strongest fish pound for pound in the world.
I ended up with 3 fish yesterday ( 9 total landed on the boat ,a few lost) so I'm moving a little slower than normal this morning,..I included a couple of pics of two of my fish I caught.
On the aquarium side of life my replacement ecotech mp40 arrived yesterday so I'll have to set that up this morning when I get motivated , do my pwc etc , it'll be a long day!

Attachments

• image-4201830632.jpg
    image-4201830632.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 123
  • image-2164433194.jpg
    image-2164433194.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 86
Sqasnatch said:
Looks like a hoot. When can u take me.

We've got the big four landings in San Diego,.... Seaforth,.. H&M....fisherman's landing ,.and ours ,.point loma sport fishing .... 3 out of the four landings are owned by my boss ..frank,... Most of the landings run 1/2 day trips to trips that may run up to 21 days down the coast of Mexico and beyond.,...Most of he longer trips specialize in trying to catch " cows" which is a yellowfin tuna over 200 #'s ,.but yellowtail, albacore,bluefin tuna ,yellowfin tuna ,dorado ( Mahi Mahi ) ,wahoo and many more species are sought and captured...one of our boats the vagabond ,set the world record for yellowfin tuna last year at 409 #'s .... Combined,,.More than likely we are the biggest and most diversified sportfishing fleet in the world today.
Wether ,you wanna come out with your grandmother or do something on your bucket list,..we can fit you in,.....google up the San Diego fleet and plan a trip out,....mind boggling !!!!! .....back onto the ecotech mp 40,...,I've set it up ,..which was much easier the second time round.., so far she's been running for a couple of hours now with no mishaps or error messages :) .
I did return the other one this morning via their prepaid return label so hopefully,.. Everything will work out here the way it's suppose to....got my fingers crossed

Dary my friend you got er made I would spend my life on the water if I could but being a sailing instructor won't pay the bills well for the lifestyle we live but it's a fun way to spend my summer I just got a new 20' sloope rigged sailboat this year with all new sails so I don't think my tanks will get much attention this summer but there will be a few lines tossed into the water that's for sure

I would say that is a "Good Day at the Office". :) I am not a big fisherman but back in the early 80s I lived in SE Arizona and a bunch of us from work went to San Carlos for a long weekend. We chartered a boat for a day and had a great time. That was like a month after the peso was devalued so much and with the exception of the charter (had to pay US Dollars for that) everything was cheap as could be.

Dary421 said:
We've got the big four landings in San Diego,.... Seaforth,.. H&M....fisherman's landing ,.and ours ,.point loma sport fishing .... 3 out of the four landings are owned by my boss ..frank,... Most of the landings run 1/2 day trips to trips that may run up to 21 days down the coast of Mexico and beyond.,...Most of he longer trips specialize in trying to catch " cows" which is a yellowfin tuna over 200 #'s ,.but yellowtail, albacore,bluefin tuna ,yellowfin tuna ,dorado ( Mahi Mahi ) ,wahoo and many more species are sought and captured...one of our boats the vagabond ,set the world record for yellowfin tuna last year at 409 #'s .... Combined,,.More than likely we are the biggest and most diversified sportfishing fleet in the world today.
Wether ,you wanna come out with your grandmother or do something on your bucket list,..we can fit you in,.....google up the San Diego fleet and plan a trip out,....mind boggling !!!!! .....back onto the ecotech mp 40,...,I've set it up ,..which was much easier the second time round.., so far she's been running for a couple of hours now with no mishaps or error messages :) .
I did return the other one this morning via their prepaid return label so hopefully,.. Everything will work out here the way it's suppose to....got my fingers crossed

I will defenetly keep that in mind on my next trip. The next two years are booked up tho. Getting married in deminican next year. And this year is a trip with the kids to marineland

Sqasnatch said:
I will defenetly keep that in mind on my next trip. The next two years are booked up tho. Getting married in deminican next year. And this year is a trip with the kids to marineland

Yeah!!!!! EVERYONE LOVES MARINELAND LOL

So Dary I just bought myself a couple mp10's from a friend unopened in box for 150$ I know I got a great deal but are the 10's controllable too?

Back
Top Bottom