Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #491
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looking great Dary. What is the coral in pic #6? I had one looked just like it but it wasn't attached to the frag plug very well. I think one of my emerald crabs ripped it the rest of the way off. I saw it lying on the sand bed and before I could get it, somebody decided to drag it under my rock and I have never seen it again. I want to get another one.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:08 PM   #492
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99
Looking great Dary. What is the coral in pic #6? I had one looked just like it but it wasn't attached to the frag plug very well. I think one of my emerald crabs ripped it the rest of the way off. I saw it lying on the sand bed and before I could get it, somebody decided to drag it under my rock and I have never seen it again. I want to get another one.
Thank you,..it's a yellow and blue ricordea mushroom ,. Just for information down the road ,.you can always dab a drop of super glue gel on their back side and reattach them again...

Old 11-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #493
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421
It's been a few days so I thought 1'd show you what's going on in the 135 ..., I think the first picture should be of the way the tank had looked a few days ago.., I decided ( months ago ) that I was going to build myself a couple of plateaus in the new tank so off to the lfs to get a bunch of man made rocks to accomplish this.., some where in the pictures that I downloaded should be a picture or two of plateau #1. ... In real life it looks pretty cool with its flat top.., I'll be building another plateau to the far rights side of the tank tomorrow when another lfs adventure takes place with some more man made rocks and more epoxy putty is bought,...the other pictures are of some f the new additions I got last week or so of the ricordeas and a umbrella mushroom and a chilli coral etc.
There's also a picture of one of the hairy mushroom that had split ,...a few days ago this was only a single mushroom ., it took about two days to fully split into two ,... Pretty cool to watch.,...now if I could only get my ricordeas to do the same,..but I understand they grow very slowly and it'll probably be awhile,...I'll more that likely ordering some more in the near future.
Hope the pictures turn out ok for you..., Dary
The tank looks great, .
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #494
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
Thank you,..it's a yellow and blue ricordea mushroom ,. Just for information down the road ,.you can always dab a drop of super glue gel on their back side and reattach them again...
That is exactly what I was planning but I didn't have any on hand. I figured it would be ok laying on the sand bed overnight and I would do it the next day. WRONG!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #495
Aquarium Advice Addict

Everything is looking great!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #496
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF
Everything is looking great!
Thank you and red sea too,...hopefully ,everything will acclimate to their new home and will continue to grow,.. Heck,I'm doing my part,..now it's their tun.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #497
Aquarium Advice Addict

Kind of a strange thing happened yesterday while feeding my fish,... All the fish were eating and acting normally when suddenly one of my triggers immediately started acting blizzar as if it swallowed an air bubble or something,..he immediately tried to swim to the bottom of the tank to hide in the rocks,... He was having a heck of a time swimming normally and surely was under a lot of discomfort,...I watched him for awhile and started to wonder if he was going to make it or not,..... I decided to net him ,.normally trying to net a trigger would take about two hours and a six pack but I got him in about 5 seconds.
I transferred him into my refugium for observation ,...this morning before work ( 2 am ) he was sleeping but still alive,..by the time I came home from work he was fine and dandy so I transferred him back into the main tank. ,you would never know nothing ever happened with him as he's totally back to being himself again.
Has anybody ever experienced anything like this??? The whole transformation from good to bad was like a second or two,...my gut feeling was that he swallowed some air ( feeding on the surface ) and had to wait for it to pass,... Really strange but all's good now!!!
Old 11-21-2011, 12:26 PM   #498
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well that's good Dary I guess it's just one of the mysteries of fish keeping lol glad he made it though
Old 11-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #499
Aquarium Advice Addict

Awesome tank Darey, looks absolutely beautiful.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #500
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thankyou Buffy ., alot has happened recently in both my little world and my tanks world.., to spare everyone of my personal misfortunes we'll talk about my little tank and it's world... Sometimes when something happens personally in which there seems to be no reasonable solution one must find ways to detour the hurt and sorrow , soooooo I have been rather busy entertaining my brother al and his visit from Florida ( left today) and buying corals.., lots of corals !!! I decided that I wanted to make a mini plateau( #4 )for my tank so off to the Lfs after work I went., so a few pieces of man made rock , a couple of pieces of fiberglass rods and a little epoxy putty and poof there's my new mini plateau.., i decided I'd just let it dry in this gorgeous San Diego sun before putting it into the tank,
I should be getting my new coral shipment in prob tues so I'll post some pictures after that... Yep., got some more mushrooms along with another hammer wall coral etc.... Also bought a couple of mangrove roots for the refugium to try out.., I think Carey has some but not too sure on that., all in all that's the latest update
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2050550991.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	62909  

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com