Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ryan-peddle said:
So Dary I just bought myself a couple mp10's from a friend unopened in box for 150$ I know I got a great deal but are the 10's controllable too?

Wow .. Nice deal .., he wasn't looking over his shoulder when he gave you the boxes was he ??? As long as you have the white " driver" box with all the knobs than you should be able to program whatever mode you want.
Check out their web site .. They have some videos etc that 'll help you alot.
Im just learning right along with you on these critters... My new replacement mp40 has been buzzing along just fine so far.
Im sure the 10'a will be cool on a small little setup. Good luck ryan

Haha I think I can trust him his wife is having a baby so he gave up on his salt build mid build I just picked them up today and they do have a handy little controller. Me a technology have a way of butting heads but I am sure I will figure it out

Ok it's time to buy myself a really nice magnetic algae cleaner , I'm tired of trying to reach inside and around corals etc with the ones on a handle,.... For my tank I've narrowed it down to two selections,..the " magnavore ". Cleaner or the algae free hammerhead cleaner,.... I've read a ton of reviews on each and they both seem like they'll be up for the task on hand,.....however, I was wondering if anyone actually here have used any of these and what's their opinions on them.., cost wise they're both iwithin a couple of bucks of each other so that's not really that much of a factor,.....I'm more concerned with actually day to day use and replacement pads and how available they are etc.
I do not want,nor am I going to buy a cheap one which thru former uses proved a waste of time and money.
Other than that,..Yellowtail .fishing yesterday was again a blast with a couple of more quality fish being taken by this kid,...both fish in the mid twenties weight wise,.... Also the new replacement ecotech pump is still just humming along ,..yea !!!

Woah.. People still use the ones on a stick? Lol, just go with a mag float, you'll love it. If you do want a more fancy one, try to get one with a scraper they are helpful. Im not familiar with the two you mentioned though.

needmorecowbell said:
Woah.. People still use the ones on a stick? Lol, just go with a mag float, you'll love it. If you do want a more fancy one, try to get one with a scraper they are helpful. Im not familiar with the two you mentioned though.

You shouldn't pick on a old man with an algae stick,...probably bad JuJu ,....... It'll be either one of the two I mentioned,.... Don't want another cheapie !!! I have one,....sucks!

needmorecowbell said:
Lol your right, I'm going to have to knock on wood or something. What are the features that you like about them?

Supposedly,... They have a super strong earth magnet built in ,..which in turn makes for a really tight squeezing between the two magnets ,..and they reportedly able to clean in one pass extremely well,...very pricey but just don't wanna get another piece of junk ( that's my mild rendition ) :) ....I liike the replaceable pads too..... And Forget about knocking on wood,...I think in your case you should be burying a newt eye by an old oak tree at midnight.. :)

Dary421 said:
Supposedly,... They have a super strong earth magnet built in ,..which in turn makes for a really tight squeezing between the two magnets ,..and they reportedly able to clean in one pass extremely well,...very pricey but just don't wanna get another piece of junk ( that's my mild rendition ) :) ....I liike the replaceable pads too..... And Forget about knocking on wood,...I think in your case you should be burying a newt eye by an old oak tree at midnight.. :)

But you shouldn't be using magnets that are very powerful because of the risk of your tank cracking.

Ibrahim said:
But you shouldn't be using magnets that are very powerful because of the risk of your tank cracking.

There's a million reviews out there about these ,...all good,...they're not so strong that you gotta worry about cracking your tank,...just much better magnets than mag floats etc ,.. I'm leaning towards the hammerhead just because if the magnets do become dislodged,..the inside magnet will float to the top so you don't have to hunt it down behind a clump of rocks or coral,..I'm sure that they're a bunch of AA forum members that use them already,.... Just wanna do a nice upgrade for myself,.. thanks,!

Mag floats apparently suck compared to the hammerhead. I wanted to get the tiger for a while now. But havnt been able to cough a 100 on a glass cleaner

Sqasnatch said:
Mag floats apparently suck compared to the hammerhead. I wanted to get the tiger for a while now. But havnt been able to cough a 100 on a glass cleaner

I just ordered the hammerhead.... Never liked my mag float... Ck around online., the prices vary drastically depending on where you get them

Seems all is going okay with you. Glad to see you adding new stuff. I retired from the forum to deal with family emergencies and frankly I was getting tired of arguing with so many on this forum about the simplest things.
I have seen spectacular growth in the last few months, so I guess I do know something about what I am doing and have enjoyed the calm, as I hate to argue.

Added two full grown engineer gobies (yes I know they aren't a real goby, or blenny) and have really enjoyed them. Keep up the good work Dary.

Gregcoyote said:
Seems all is going okay with you. Glad to see you adding new stuff. I retired from the forum to deal with family emergencies and frankly I was getting tired of arguing with so many on this forum about the simplest things.
I have seen spectacular growth in the last few months, so I guess I do know something about what I am doing and have enjoyed the calm, as I hate to argue.

Added two full grown engineer gobies (yes I know they aren't a real goby, or blenny) and have really enjoyed them. Keep up the good work Dary.

I know Greg its hard but I stay away from all the controversial topics and just stick with the people I know it makes it a lot more fun instead of frustrating

So Dary when does the new scrubber come in nothing worse then waiting for that fed ex truck on a side note I did go onto the mp site and got my powerheads figured out tricky little buggers but they work great they better not start flowing backwards like the koras

Sad to see you go Gregcoyote, you've taught me a lot. Hope everything is well with you family now. Engineer gobies are really cool, you'll love them

Whenever the hammer head comes, tell us how you like it. Im now tempted to get one lol.

Hey Greg,...welcome home !!! ,..I totally agree with Ryan ,...sometimes it can be a little frustrating ,...I too try and stick with the folks that I know and can learn from and also have a little fun with too,..There's certain members here who are really respected ,..and you are one of them,.Anyone who has ever seen your tank can attest to the fact that you know your stuff!!!... Don't let people get you down,.. You and Doug are like The real honest to god teachers in the hard part of town trying to educate a bunch of misfits,...you're going to have a lot of ups and downs,.but in the long run you are our teachers and .you help more people out than you know,...hang around ,..I'll buy you a beer,..or better yet,..ryan will buy the first round,...it's his turn ,..:)

needmorecowbell said:
Sad to see you go Gregcoyote, you've taught me a lot. Hope everything is well with you family now. Engineer gobies are really cool, you'll love them

Whenever the hammer head comes, tell us how you like it. Im now tempted to get one lol.

Just got the hammerhead in ,.. Sometimes it's nice to live in San Diego, when the supply house is in Los Angeles ,...ordered yesterday morning and it's here today!...., I purposely let my front glass " go" for a couple of days just so I could try the hammerhead out realistically ,...first impressions,.,money well spent ,.. Very strong magnets and the algae buildup was removed very easily in just a pass over....it's a costly little device $60 give or take but it rocks,... The replacement pads are about $6/ 7.00 for about a dozen of 'em..... No complaints on this end.

I guess it is my turn lol sometime possibly next year I will sail down the west coast and you can take me sport fishing as I've never done it and the first rounds on me cheers

So Dary how about an updated picture of your tank I'd like to see how your corals are doing I may go the led route I just have an oddesea metal halide and I am thinking about spending a good amount on a light fixture as I saved almost 350$ on my powerheads I figure I deserve it(wife may not agree haha)

Random shots., just taken

Attachments

• image-1212882618.jpg
    image-1212882618.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 99
  • image-1155516746.jpg
    image-1155516746.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3807564740.jpg
    image-3807564740.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 109
  • image-665310232.jpg