Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flreefer said:
Nice pieces Dary!
I agree with Jl, they already look like they are liking their new home.
Did you get them from Live Aquaria?

Thanks,..Got my fingers crossed,... Re live aquaria,..nope ,.i used extreme coral in Texas .

I'll have to check them out, never heard of them.
Pieces that size, I thought LA, for an arm and a leg!!
Nice to see some corals bigger than a thumbnail, seem hard to find these days, at a reasonable price. Used to be able to get decent sized pieces at a past (closed) LFS, but not anymore.
Here's a pic of my wall Hammer I got 7+ years ago for $75. Ahh..the good old days...

View attachment 100123

During a PWC, so not too happy!

Flreefer said:
I'll have to check them out, never heard of them.
Pieces that size, I thought LA, for an arm and a leg!!
Nice to see some corals bigger than a thumbnail, seem hard to find these days, at a reasonable price. Used to be able to get decent sized pieces at a past (closed) LFS, but not anymore.
Here's a pic of my wall Hammer I got 7+ years ago for $75. Ahh..the good old days...

During a PWC, so not too happy!

Wow,...that's a beast !!!! .....

Haha, thanks...just can't find them anymore, for anything close to my budget. Been looking for a few nice Acro's of some size, but their ridiculous!! My best LFS has some about softball sized, but their like $200+. Their beautiful, but...man!
Anyway, really nice corals, Brest of luck with them!

If you are ordering in the future ive had good luck with saltwaterfish.com. for cheaper prices ive recieved larger corals than even la. I cant say enough good things about them. I have tons of pics im my 55 thread id you want to see.

Hey,

Have you ever dove in the Cancun underwater museum? I would love to one day. It's such an amazing concept.

Jlsardina said:
Hey,

Have you ever dove in the Cancun underwater museum? I would love to one day. It's such an amazing concept.

Whoa,...Never even knew such a place even existed,..... Kinda looks eerie with all the statues etc,...kinda like revisiting Pompeii right before mount vazuvious (sp) blew up,.... I'm pretty much stuck heading west to snorkel in Hawaii each year,.... Not a bad place to go either :)

Hey,

Whoa,...Never even knew such a place even existed,..... Kinda looks eerie with all the statues etc,...kinda like revisiting Pompeii right before mount vazuvious (sp) blew up,.... I'm pretty much stuck heading west to snorkel in Hawaii each year,.... Not a bad place to go either :)

Never knew it either, Gosh I would love to go and see. I may have a problem with diving though cause when I was in service and I was trying out for Diver's School, I failed cause even with weights I couldn't stay under the water. Don't know if that's the case now though. I've been wanting to go to Cancun too but am chicken to vacation by my self. Are either of you going to try to go?

I lived in Hawaii for 4 years and I loved it and the snorkeling. That's where I was trying to get into Diver's School. I was in the service so it was the Navy Diving School.

Buffy said:
Never knew it either, Gosh I would love to go and see. I may have a problem with diving though cause when I was in service and I was trying out for Diver's School, I failed cause even with weights I couldn't stay under the water. Don't know if that's the case now though. I've been wanting to go to Cancun too but am chicken to vacation by my self. Are either of you going to try to go?

I lived in Hawaii for 4 years and I loved it and the snorkeling. That's where I was trying to get into Diver's School. I was in the service so it was the Navy Diving School.

Dary only seems to go in one direction ,..point me southwest and send me about 2600 miles ,.. Aloha :)

After reading in another thread about upgrading your bulk reefs RODI units output via their 150 gpd add on unit ,I decided that for $60 that might be a heck of a buy,..at least for me.., normally, I'm doing somewhere in the neighborhood of a 20-30 gal pwc weekly and probably losing another 100 + gals down the drain each week.
I currently have theirs 5 stage 75 gpd unit,..by reading all the hype and the ton of user reviews regarding this add on ,.. It'll make twice the amount of useable water faster and with only something like a 1/1 waste ratio.,so for me, that'll mean larger PWC's weekly with less time and lower cost .
Sounds like a winner to me,...

Dary421 said:
After reading in another thread about upgrading your bulk reefs RODI units output via their 150 gpd add on unit ,I decided that for $60 that might be a heck of a buy,..at least for me.., normally, I'm doing somewhere in the neighborhood of a 20-30 gal pwc weekly and probably losing another 100 + gals down the drain each week.
I currently have theirs 5 stage 75 gpd unit,..by reading all the hype and the ton of user reviews regarding this add on ,.. It'll make twice the amount of useable water faster and with only something like a 1/1 waste ratio.,so for me, that'll mean larger PWC's weekly with less time and lower cost .
Sounds like a winner to me,...

Good call Dary. Let us know how that mod works out.

needmorecowbell said:
Does it cut some of the waste water? My mom is ready to kill me when she sees that much water going down the drain.

From what I gather., it's got another pop on RO filter that recirculates the water from one RO filter to the other instead of just throwing it down the drain,... Check out the brs site ,..I think they call it something like the 150 gpd water saving RODI gizmo or something like that,... There's like 50-60 reviews with everybody raving about it ,...worth a shot,... I like the idea of being able to do a larger water change with actually probably using less total water and less time.... Should be here hopefully by next week so I'll hook it all up ,cross my fingers and report back on how it works first hand.
Oh,..re waste water,.." they say " instead of wasting four gals ( + -) to one gal of pure water its more like one gallon of good to one gallon of bad water

Last edited:
Jlsardina said:
I wanna know to Dary. If you say it's worth it, I'll invest. Lol

Okie dokie..,I ordered it this morning ,..should take five days or so to get to me in San Diego ,.hopefully I'll have by my next water change.
Ok now for the really big question,.dosing,..my nemesis ,..I know my calcium and alk are rather low BUT everything seems to be thriving ,..lots of lps and a few sps etc,... I ordered the bulk reef kalkwasser kit,..but I'm at a loss,... My ca is at 380 and the alk was at 8.1 this am ( after pwc) ,... I'm ( even with their instructions) still really haven't any idea of how to raise the levels using their kit without screwing things up again,..(before using the kalkwasser in my ATO to maintain levels ) ..maybe I should just heed my own advice. " ..if its not broken than don't try and fix it"..... Maybe if this new RODI gizmo works and using a larger water change I won't have do any dosing,...help me before I screw something up again!!!

Question dary . So the add on for your ro unit makes it a 6 stage? I'm still waiting on my 6 stage pure water club unit to come( tired of lugging after a year) and I really don't know how to optimize pure water output and filter life.

Hondatek said:
Question dary . So the add on for your ro unit makes it a 6 stage? I'm still waiting on my 6 stage pure water club unit to come( tired of lugging after a year) and I really don't know how to optimize pure water output and filter life.

I really don't think that's how they view it,..it's basically just another RO cylinder which clips onto your existing RO cylinder and somehow it produces more water by recirculating the previous waste water again,.giving you more usable water with less waste. I think (?) the six stage is just another filter or membrane ,..however brs says that this unit can be used on other manufactures units too,...I can imagine that lugging jugs of water all over town would really. Suck.

Ok thanks I'll just see how they want me to set it up when I get it then make a thread about what filters to use to get the most life out of my di resin and better output. I saw a post one time by I think his name is cmor about what filters to put where to get the most out if it but I can't find the thread. Yes the only bad thing is i won't have an excuse to go to the Lfs every week lol

Back
Top Bottom