Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #521
Aquarium Advice Addict

Everything in the main tank is doing great,...no major problems at all,..I did add a couple of more monti's ,...as far as " psycho" goes,..he is up and swimming around in the sump this afternoon and was eating too !!! What a tough critter he is,..this is the same trigger that after biting my finger months ago was inadvertently flung outa the tank and landed behind my tank for probably a good 5-7 minutes before being found and returned to the main tank again.
Hopefully he will continue to get his strength back and I can return him to the main tank this weekend where I can watch him to make sure things have settled down,...got my fingers crossed.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #522
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well eating is a good sign glad to hear it Dary

Old 12-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #523
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan-peddle
Well eating is a good sign glad to hear it Dary
This triggerfish is one tough puppy!!!! He's looking great and has been eating like a moose,...he'll go back into the main tank Sunday night .got my fins crossed....
Old 12-18-2011, 01:25 AM   #524
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421

This triggerfish is one tough puppy!!!! He's looking great and has been eating like a moose,...he'll go back into the main tank Sunday night .got my fins crossed....
Glad to hear it it's amazing how tough some can be and others so delicate
Old 12-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #525
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here's something I've been messing around with for the last couple of week to try and make my weekly water changes a little easier and cleaner.
Using some scrap PVC piping and assorted plumbing left over fittings ., I put together this pump mounted to a piece of PVC with a ball valve that I put into my freshly made saltwater ., the top portion of the unit has a clip that clips to the top of my tanks opening and has a water spreader installed on that.
On the other end of the tank I've made a siphoning off unit with leftover pvc piping and assorted parts ,also with a ball valve attached to it.., to the end of this I have a piece of clear tubing attached to the end so one may suck on it to start the siphon and to make the water flow., this empties into another Identical trash can.
Once your start the pump on one end and the siphon on the other end and by adjusting the flows via the ball valves it's a seemless operation.., water goes into the tank at the exact same rate as its being taken out on the other side.
I'm sure everyone has their own personal way of doing your water changes but for me by using some junk laying around this has made my pwc's quick and easy.
Just tossing out my little project that might give someone else an idea about building their own.
I had to put "psycho " back into the refugium again this morning after the bully trigger went after him again.., other than that everything's status quo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1136040883.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	66256   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4123052673.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	66257  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3466331138.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	66258   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1515633331.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	66259  

Old 12-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #526
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well the water changing system is very cool

What's gonna go down with the bully I would assume a re home? Not really worth losing your favorite trigger
Old 12-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #527
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Do you have a license for that thing, or a doctors order? Looks like something I use to own in college....
Old 12-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #528
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
Do you have a license for that thing, or a doctors order? Looks like something I use to own in college....
Lol,..you should have seen some of the " aquarium refillers" we made in the 70's ,..wow!! ha ha... But, Realistically ,..this works really well for me and saves alot of cleanup afterwards,....I'm going to install a garden hose hookup to the bottom of the trash can that receives the old water and all I'll have to do is open a valve and run the old water outside.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #529
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan-peddle
Well the water changing system is very cool

What's gonna go down with the bully I would assume a re home? Not really worth losing your favorite trigger
Trying to catch him is going to be monumental job ,... But if I do,... He'll go into the sump to chill out until I figure out what I'm going to do with him.... When I got the " bully" originally he looked like a 70 year heroin addict,.. Just skin and bones,..skinniest fish you had ever seen,..literately you could see his skeleton thru the skin...,..now he looks like an nfl football !!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #530
Aquarium Advice Addict

Glad to see you are doing good. Love your pwc gadget , I did something similar. I attached my pump to a piece of hose. Then that host I used one of those do it yourself hose repair end pieces. So when I wanted to drain my tank I attached my "dirty hose", and when I was done draining I took the dirty hose off and attached another "clean hose" and pumped my water into my dt. Both hoses long enough that I didn't have to move a single bucket, I just ran the dirty hose to the yard (now tub cause of winter), and I ran the other hose into my living room. Drained, then put away in closet til next pwc. I say had cause the piece I used to hold the hose onto the pump started to rust and I didn't want that in my dt, so I disassembled it and haven't gotten a round to making another, now I'm back to hauling and using a 2 qt pitcher to fill, and syphon to drain. Can't move brute so I get to then syphon enough out til I can lift and put dolly under it. LOL, sorry son long, just was rambling my process.

And +1 to coming home to tank.......Without it and my dog, I think I would be committed to the looney bin.

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com