Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After checking out " nunu's" build regarding his temperature rising in his tank to dangerous levels and killing a coral or two,....I remember the last couple of summers when the outside temps were hovering around the 100 mark for weeks and watching my tanks water slowly start to rise and trying everything from fans to frozen saltwater to get things down to a save level,..... I recall getting up in the middle of the night just to check on the tank's temperature ,.... Well , after saying all of that ,..yesterday I ordered a jbl chiller for my tank,...kinda like having a generator,.. Ya never know and there's just too much time and way too much $$$$ involved just to see it get wiped out overnite !!!! I think I'd especially get a little piece of mind when I go to Hawaii at the end of September while my brother watches over my little aquatic world.

Dary421 said:
After checking out " nunu's" build regarding his temperature rising in his tank to dangerous levels and killing a coral or two,....I remember the last couple of summers when the outside temps were hovering around the 100 mark for weeks and watching my tanks water slowly start to rise and trying everything from fans to frozen saltwater to get things down to a save level,..... I recall getting up in the middle of the night just to check on the tank's temperature ,.... Well , after saying all of that ,..yesterday I ordered a jbl chiller for my tank,...kinda like having a generator,.. Ya never know and there's just too much time and way too much $$$$ involved just to see it get wiped out overnite !!!! I think I'd especially get a little piece of mind when I go to Hawaii at the end of September while my brother watches over my little aquatic world.

Good buy Dary I like your no bs attitude when it comes to buying equipment that one thing we never need here in nova scotia we get about 2 weeks of mid 20 summer weather that's it lol

ryan-peddle said:
Good buy Dary I like your no bs attitude when it comes to buying equipment that one thing we never need here in nova scotia we get about 2 weeks of mid 20 summer weather that's it lol

Hey ryan,..how are things going??? Nova scotia??? Some how I thought you were like in the Midwest USA ,....maybe what you lack in heat over there you more than make up with cold weather,.you guys probably have some massive heaters on your tanks lol,..... Hey it's all good no matter what.

That's right buddy I run an inline heater for my salt tank but my fresh tanks usually have two 200 watt heaters lol but the abiant heat of the house helps too

once again it's guinea pig Dary making his preliminary report on the RODI 150 gallon upgrade gizmo I just received.... I decided that before doing anything as far as removing any water lines etc , I'd take some photos of the setup BEFORE I started undoing the lines just in case somehow I got messed up I could always use the pictures to go back in time and redo everything ( momma didn't raise any dummies here ,.yeah right ! ) . I also got the BRS video on my iPad and using the pause the video Button , I proceeded very cautiously taking one step at a time and pausing the video between removing any water lines etc just so I didn't screw up..... Actually it went pretty fast and it's a very easy job to do BUT I'd suggest doing it like I did and use the video and the pause button.
I took pictures along the way so you can probably see what was removed and replaced,..... So the whole transformation probably took 10 minutes or so ,... The results look awesome,... Using two 5 gallon salt buckets side by side you can see that after exactly 25 minutes the waste water was to the top of the first bucket and the GOOD water was at the 9" mark out of 13"'s ,...it actually took me 35 minutes to fill the five gallon bucket with the GOOD water,... Not quite a 1-1 ratio but pretty dang good never the less,..hey , I'm impressed,..there's a couple of pictures actually showing the stream of good water being made,... I got a feeling that brs will all of a sudden start selling a few of these gizmos,.....hope this helps.,.....Dary

Attachments

• image-3881850974.jpg
    image-3881850974.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 99
  • image-376827656.jpg
    image-376827656.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3995605976.jpg
    image-3995605976.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 88
  • image-2252887948.jpg
    image-2252887948.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2935153393.jpg
    image-2935153393.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 74
  • image-4150021329.jpg
    image-4150021329.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 82
  • image-2265020365.jpg
    image-2265020365.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3090543655.jpg
    image-3090543655.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 95
  • image-367615996.jpg
    image-367615996.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 78
  • image-696889124.jpg
    image-696889124.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 66
  • image-877145362.jpg
    image-877145362.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 88
  • image-3295752560.jpg
    image-3295752560.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 67
It does look like a nice flowing output. I just produced my first 12 gallons today and it will fill a gallon in about 8 minutes . I may want to do some add on stuff to it after I get used to it.

Dary421 said:
You're good ryan., i'll give ya that !!

Haha I knew it so what did your rodi machine run you

I got one from eBay for 60$ 50 gpd seems to be running good but my local reef store has 100 gpd for 250$ wondering if it's worth it cause the knock off is running good (knock on wood)

ryan-peddle said:
Haha I knew it so what did your rodi machine run you

I got one from eBay for 60$ 50 gpd seems to be running good but my local reef store has 100 gpd for 250$ wondering if it's worth it cause the knock off is running good (knock on wood)

I really don't remember what I originally pd for the BRS 75 gpd 5 stage RODI unit,...but I think they're around 200 bucks now ,..the 150 gpd retro fit was about $60...

Dary421 said:
I really don't remember what I originally pd for the BRS 75 gpd 5 stage RODI unit,...but I think they're around 200 bucks now ,..the 150 gpd retro fit was about $60...

Well I might get it then seems like the price is good for local anyways I do order online sometimes but I like to support locally

I had an RODI unit that was 50gpd but when I set it up it filled up 5g buckets in 10 min and made 1g waste water. I didn't believe it so I borrowed a TDS meter from my father and sure enough it 0! It was a coralife RODI for anyone wanting to know.

Ibrahim said:
I had an RODI unit that was 50gpd but when I set it up it filled up 5g buckets in 10 min and made 1g waste water. I didn't believe it so I borrowed a TDS meter from my father and sure enough it 0! It was a coralife RODI for anyone wanting to know.

I think you have your figures reversed.. Other wise your machine is producing something like 310 gals of pure water in 12 hours ., .( which isnt going to happen with that unit ) With 48 gals + - waste water.... It should be the other way around ..,310 gals waste water and 48 gals pure water

Dary421 said:
I think you have your figures reversed.. Other wise your machine is producing something like 310 gals of pure water in 12 hours ., .( which isnt going to happen with that unit ) With 48 gals + - waste water.... It should be the other way around ..,310 gals waste water and 48 gals pure water

+1. I've never seen a RO unit that produced more good water than waste.

So Dary is this the only mod you have done to your ro unit? I was looking at backflushing kits. Do you have any experience with one?

Hondatek said:
So Dary is this the only mod you have done to your ro unit? I was looking at backflushing kits. Do you have any experience with one?

The brs unit i have has a small little valve that you turn on to do your back flushing as needed .., not sure about other manufacturers

Back
Top Bottom