Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #551
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol your right. I wouldn't mess with him

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:00 AM   #552
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Lots of goodies that's for sure and yeah he probably is loving it no roommates

Old 01-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #553
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well it's been a week or so since I posted anything on this thread so for a quick update.., the Picasso triggerfish is fully recovered from his ordeal and is still king of the sump and seems quite content.
During my routine Monday morning tank maintenance I accidentally toppled a small rock directly on top of one of my wall hammer corals., after an hour or two I was watching tv and kept seeing these little neon substances jetting by in the tank.., apparently, the rock musta really did some damage to the coral.., now it's half wall hammer and half skeleton.., it was a beautiful neon green hammer too.., hopefully it'll pull thru., but I'll keep an eye on it., but I did buy another wall hammer today just in case....I also
upgrade my heater to a higher wattage one today when I visited the Lfs .
My newly acquired bubble magus protein skimmer is dialed in and is bringing out some hideous stuff in the collection cup.
tank wise everything seem fine., I thought I'd post some assorted coral shots via the trusty ol iPhone just so you'd have something to look at as you browsed thru this post., other than that ., all's ok
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3752149027.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	69075   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3228771793.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	69076  

Name:	image-3413872943.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	69077   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4086297683.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	69078  

Name:	image-1781064888.jpg
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	69079   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4147672210.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	69080  

Name:	image-1506309826.jpg
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	69081   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3040841141.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	69082  

Name:	image-927085369.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	69083   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2539235542.jpg
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	69084  

Name:	image-2921508913.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	69085   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3612003543.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	69086  

Name:	image-1172703169.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	69087   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3677904404.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	69088  

Name:	image-1069802861.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	69089  
Old 01-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #554
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Good to hear its a full recovery an what can I say the corals look amazing I imagine your a happy camper
Old 01-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #555
Aquarium Advice Addict

Goodness, your corals are looking fantastic! Glad to hear about the trigger too.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:15 PM   #556
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Nice job...everything is lookin good. Easy isn't it? When it's going right at least it is. You are in a groove...don't change anything! Watch out for that heater...they can be disastrous.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #557
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thank you guys... Happy to hear that you think I might be doing something right for a change,.... Greg,..re.the heater,..I was running my old 250 watt heater that I was using on my old 75 gal tank,.. A couple of frosty nites here ( yes,..San Diego gets mighty cold a little inland at nite too ). Had brought the tank temp down a tad or two,..so I figured I'd up things to a 400 watt'er ,... Yep,..got my eye on it,..watching it like a hawk.
The injured neon green wall hammer is looking like its not going to make it,..getting smaller with each passing day,,. boy., too bad cuz it was so healthy and beautiful.,probably the prettiest coral I had in the tank.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #558
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
Thank you guys... Happy to hear that you think I might be doing something right for a change,.... Greg,..re.the heater,..I was running my old 250 watt heater that I was using on my old 75 gal tank,.. A couple of frosty nites here ( yes,..San Diego gets mighty cold a little inland at nite too ). Had brought the tank temp down a tad or two,..so I figured I'd up things to a 400 watt'er ,... Yep,..got my eye on it,..watching it like a hawk.
The injured neon green wall hammer is looking like its not going to make it,..getting smaller with each passing day,,. boy., too bad cuz it was so healthy and beautiful.,probably the prettiest coral I had in the tank.

Hey Dary, I think that's what I did to my Encrusted Horn, it was bright green also. I set up a 10 gal, with heater and circ pump and put him in there, no lights (cause I didn't have any) then he had pretty much no green left, he had become completely white and stayed that way for something like 2-3 weeks nothing but skeleton, HOWEVER, he is about 50-60% recovered now. No med's or anything except just a little Reef Snow 1 a week and a couple drops of Essential Minerals 1x a week. And kick my butt if you want but I did not do any water changes either, he started in good saltwater and I just top it off, I have since added a little poly filter to the pump suction, I still don't do water changes on that tank, I top off every 3 days (on purpose btw). You may want to try it. I plan on putting him back after I get everything back together and settled in the 75g.

I think it's been about what 2 months now, not sure, it's somewhere in my thread.

Hope this helps if you decide to try it, let me know how it goes for you.

P.S. Awesomely Absolutely Amazing Awe-inspiring Corals Oh and glad Mr. Trigger is doing good too. LOL

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #559
Aquarium Advice Addict

What are those neon whiteish blue zoas called? Everything is jaw dropping in your tank, I'm quite jealous. Sorry to hear about the hammer, I have always been a fan of them because of the way they move.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #560
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell View Post
What are those neon whiteish blue zoas called? Everything is jaw dropping in your tank, I'm quite jealous. Sorry to hear about the hammer, I have always been a fan of them because of the way they move.
wow,..to be honest with you i really cant rememver what they "offically" called them,....theyve been in the tank for quite sometime and after awhile some of the names just kinda fade away from me ,..kinda like walking into a room and wondering why you went in there in the first place,....to me theyre just a pretty zoa at this point.....glad you like them .

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com