Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #561
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol I understand, I only know the name of 1 of my zoas.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #562
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
Lol I understand, I only know the name of 1 of my zoas.
Lol..I'm lucky to remember the names of my brothers !!!! ... I ordered another wall hammer coral to replace the one that was killed by the falling rock.., it's all but gone at this point.., I'll still be looking for another neon green one like I had but finding another one like that might take some time ...... But other than that.., alls well.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #563
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a neon green candycane and it is one of my favorite corals. It really livens up the tank.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #564
Aquarium Advice Addict

The ups truck just dropped off my new coral order... My replacement wall hammer and a yellow and purple Australian scroll coral....I Will take additional pictures after they settle in ...for now ., it's just the bags a floating ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-876834345.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	69986   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1062612972.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	69987  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-730569128.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	69988  
Old 01-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #565
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow, looks huge in the bag. Where did you order from?

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #566
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy
Wow, looks huge in the bag. Where did you order from?
I've been using extreme corals... Lots of wild stuff , wysiwyg .... Plus free shipping on orders $150 +
Old 01-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #567
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice, can't wait to see it. Next time I get a big chunk if money, I'm joining to buy from something like that.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #568
Aquarium Advice Addict

on my way home from work today I stopped by my lfs and purchased some more of the " man made Rock " that I like so much,...on the left hand side of my aquarium was the one area that needed some attention,...kinda like your mini garbage dump in your back yard where you put things that you really don't know what to do with,...in my case it was time for a urban renewal project,..I had a Kenya tree there that was sending off offspring like there was no tomorrow ,it was one of my first corals and probably my last Kenya tree I'll have in my tank.
To this area I added another pedestal type arraignment utilizing the twenty pounds of newly acquired rock I had just purchased,..kinda looks like It belonged there in the first place.
I guess everyone's tank is a little different than everyone's else's as far as growing corals go,..for some reason I seem to do be doing very well lately with wall hammers ,bubbles , echinophllia's and monti's ,..I guess maybe its kinda like growing vegetables in your garden,..some people can grow corn and some people can't and who knows why.... So to add a little color and glare to my former back yard dump I've ordered two new bubble corals,..(a whitish blue and a neon yellow ) and another echinophyllia coral to brighten things up over there,..the big brown truck is due tomorrow and I can't wait to start the new garden,..hope All's well with everyone,...Dary
Old 01-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #569
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

There is a balancing act going on, some time my mushroom crop is winning sometimes it's something else. My Kenya tree isn't allowed to get very big because of the aggressive corals bordering it. I made an estimate from a photo the other day, I have over 1000 mushrooms in the reef, that I can see. They rule the roost. My challenge is now to get everyone to live together, almost impossible as my specimens come from all over the world.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #570
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote
There is a balancing act going on, some time my mushroom crop is winning sometimes it's something else. My Kenya tree isn't allowed to get very big because of the aggressive corals bordering it. I made an estimate from a photo the other day, I have over 1000 mushrooms in the reef, that I can see. They rule the roost. My challenge is now to get everyone to live together, almost impossible as my specimens come from all over the world.
Yep,...after seeing your tank o shroons I'd believe it,...you've done well grasshopper.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com