Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #861
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421

I'll probably end up with some sooner or later.... Almost all of my " xtra " money is usually put away into my yearly Hawaiian fund,.... I just love to go snorkeling over there to check up on my aquarium buddies,....but,..once I get something I want in my head it's going to happen,..it's just trying to justify it., that takes up brain space ,..temporarily .
Oh Dary you crack me up sometimes

Old 05-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #862
Aquarium Advice Addict

So now that we've drifted over to the ecotech power heads subject,...I would imagine that in a 135 gallon tank like mine with a couple of hundred pounds of rocks in it ,..that i would need two 40's to properly manage a tank of this size? ... That'll cost as much as a 60 " flat screen tv and a pack of hotdogs !! ..... Nevertheless , it does kinda fascinate me about the different modes and adjustments you can make to them,....and If i understand this whole Ecotech presentation right ,the koralia's push a stream of water in a straight line only ,whereas the ecotechs will push a larger volume of water at a slower and more controlled and variable total area? .. And to Greg ,.. When I disassembled the old powerhead in question I did find that the rubber stopper had in fact fallen out ,...easy cure.?

Old 05-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #863
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dary, the way I look at it, my 125 IS my new 72" High Def Flat Screen.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #864
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99
Dary, the way I look at it, my 125 IS my new 72" High Def Flat Screen.
I hadn't really thought of it that way yet..., maybe I'll put a "Sony" sticker on the front of my 72" tank .., it gets great color and amazing lifelike 3D imaging too,... The downside is that the monthly rates are a killer compared to my local cable company.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:09 AM   #865
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421

I hadn't really thought of it that way yet..., maybe I'll put a "Sony" sticker on the front of my 72" tank .., it gets great color and amazing lifelike 3D imaging too,... The downside is that the monthly rates are a killer compared to my local cable company.
I have had a similar experience with my 72 inch. Everything is so lifelike, it is creepy. Especially when I get green stuff on the front panel of the TV, I must have a defective unit.

Lol.
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #866
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would prefer that Sony not find this out but.......... I watered my 36" flat screen and it turned into a 72" overnight!!!!!! hehehehehe
Old 05-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #867
Aquarium Advice Addict

So now I'm really starting to seriously think about the ecotech powerheads,...the more I investigate the multiple programmable flow designs the more I like the ideas,...but for any one( Jason?) who's currently running these powerheads,.. My question would be wether to run a pair of 40's in my 135 or to possible run one 40 and maybe a pair of 10's as a couple of "slaves" in the other sections of the tank,...I know it's going to be pricey but maybe one at a time might not be too painfully ,:-/
Old 05-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #868
Aquarium Advice Addict

how about an aquarium controller? it would be less money and as programmable plus much more.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #869
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
how about an aquarium controller? it would be less money and as programmable plus much more.
The oldman's mind is made up...at this point ya just gotta nod your head and say something like,..wow,Dary ,..that's really neat ,.let us know how it works out,.... :-/. That's jut part of being old,...we're stubborn as a an old mule ,.... And set in our ways too., right or wrong.... You'll see one day !!
Old 05-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #870
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha I gotcha. Well can't wait to see the polyp extension, I've heard that it helps things expand much more.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com