Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 05-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #881
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Dary421's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego,ca
Posts: 2,457
Ecotech powerhead plugged in and running.....we'll see over time how it effects my system if at all. My triggerfish was very curious about the new flow pattern and seemed to enjoy swimming up to about a foot from it ,than swam to match the output speed so he stayed motionless for a few seconds before veering off. ,Kinda like a kid with a new circus ride.
Hopefully this will be a good investment :-/ ,
__________________

__________________
Dary421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #882
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
barterking85's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421
Ecotech powerhead plugged in and running.....we'll see over time how it effects my system if at all. My triggerfish was very curious about the new flow pattern and seemed to enjoy swimming up to about a foot from it ,than swam to match the output speed so he stayed motionless for a few seconds before veering off. ,Kinda like a kid with a new circus ride.
Hopefully this will be a good investment :-/ ,
That's worth it alone Dary lol I am sure once you tune it in and program it the way you want it will make a difference
__________________

__________________
My biggest worry is that when I'm dead my wife will sell my aquarium gear for what I "SAID" I paid for it.
Ryan
barterking85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #883
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
needmorecowbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,638
Sounds like it is going great! I can't wait to see the polyp extension on some of those corals!
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #884
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Dary421's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego,ca
Posts: 2,457
About 24 hours into the new ecotech pump and water's crystal clear and healthy... Still not 100% sure exactly how to adjust this thing yet but so far so good
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3900064299.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	93800   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2158099628.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	93801  

__________________
Dary421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #885
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jlsardina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,581
Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
I'm jealous of all you rich people with fancy equipment. Lol. I have ecoray lights and hydor korilla power heads and a good old mag pump. Lol. Maybe one day I'll get the apex and have some fun. But for now everything just works on timers from homedepot. Lol. My wave maker works by me sticking my hand in the tank and swishing it around. The good ol poor man style.
__________________
Jlsardina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #886
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Flreefer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 1,984
I hear ya!! I'm on T5's, and Cobalt Maxi-jets. Haha. Sucks being poor!
__________________
Flreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #887
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jlsardina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,581
Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flreefer
I hear ya!! I'm on T5's, and Cobalt Maxi-jets. Haha. Sucks being poor!
Lol. That it does. I will just live my dreams through all of you!
__________________
Jlsardina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #888
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
needmorecowbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina
I'm jealous of all you rich people with fancy equipment. Lol. I have ecoray lights and hydor korilla power heads and a good old mag pump. Lol. Maybe one day I'll get the apex and have some fun. But for now everything just works on timers from homedepot. Lol. My wave maker works by me sticking my hand in the tank and swishing it around. The good ol poor man style.
That's not too bad, it could be oddysea lights and rio pumps lol. Timers from home depot are what I have also, I'm pretty annoyed of all the clutter from them.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #889
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jlsardina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,581
Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell

That's not too bad, it could be oddysea lights and rio pumps lol. Timers from home depot are what I have also, I'm pretty annoyed of all the clutter from them.
I got wise eventually and have them all mounted on the wall now and zip ties are my friend. Just make sure you label your chords!
__________________
Jlsardina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #890
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Ibrahim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell

That's not too bad, it could be oddysea lights and rio pumps lol. Timers from home depot are what I have also, I'm pretty annoyed of all the clutter from them.
Ouch that hurt! I'm using rio pumps now and was going to buy Oddysea led strips lol
__________________

__________________
Ibrahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.