Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hackteck said:
nice looking tank i got some green ricordia mushrooms coming tomorrow where do you place yours bottom? middle? thanks ahead of time

Get em on the bottom out of any strong currents and they'll be fine,.... If they start flapping their wings like a bird trying to fly then the currents probably too strong,.... Low to medium light too,...they're pretty hardy critters and tough to kill ( my kind of critter),....you'll know things are right when they swell up when the lights are on.

1Vampiregirl said:
Pictures!!! So excited for you, Dary! The brain looks very cool with that neon green color. Can't wait for the polyps to open up. Some seem greenish too? Coolness!
The only thing I thought I'd mention, it seems from one of the pics that some of your zoas are very close to a hammer coral. If so, they may not like it since hammers can sting.

My congratulations on your new corals! Your tank will soon look gorgeous!

Yeah,...I kinda looked at the closeness of the hammer coral,...but the picture doesn't really tell the story ,,...it's farther away than the picture shows,....thank you ,.great observation!!!! ..... Be good and maybe you'll get outa the hospital tomorrow,....fingers crossed

24 hours later and pretty much everything looks like it did before but I did however stop at my Lfs on the way home after work and bought a candy stripe trachy that I was eyeballing yesterday...I was thinking about it all nite long so I guess it just had to be..., for now I think I'll let things settle down for awhile and stay off of live fish/ coral web sites... :-/. Dary

That is a beautiful coral, never heard of that kind b4 though. Loving that ricordea next to it and the coralline algae haha.

curiousclam120 said:
That is a beautiful coral, never heard of that kind b4 though. Loving that ricordea next to it and the coralline algae haha.

It was just too pretty to pass up,...I've got lots of ricordeas in there along with lots of other shroons too.... I like your user name :) ,.. made me smile

Dary421 said:
24 hours later and pretty much everything looks like it did before but I did however stop at my Lfs on the way home after work and bought a candy stripe trachy that I was eyeballing yesterday...I was thinking about it all nite long so I guess it just had to be..., for now I think I'll let things settle down for awhile and stay off of live fish/ coral web sites... :-/. Dary

Very nice,even came with it's own baby.LOL

Dary421 said:
Hey Rick,..yes it did,..I hope it grows too!!!

Hate to think how much you paid in CA for it.
Hope you have someone experienced to maintain your tank while you go to HA.

Ricksreef said:
Here in VA it would probably be 60 to 80 bucks.In Ca don't you have to double the price compared to other states,LOL?

Yes,.... We do pay a lot more out here on a lot of things, :-( but,,...I paid $64 for the coral,..I would have got it cheaper but my buddy wasn't there today, he always knocks the price down a notch or two for me,.. :) but I just didn't want someone else to get MY coral so I had to bite the bullet!!!

Dary421 said:
Yes,.... We do pay a lot more out here on a lot of things, :-( but,,...I paid $64 for the coral,..I would have got it cheaper but my buddy wasn't there today, he always knocks the price down a notch or two for me,.. :) but I just didn't want someone else to get MY coral so I had to bite the bullet!!!

Great buy,if you get tired of it ,pm me and I'll send you my address.LOL

Ricksreef said:
Great buy,if you get tired of it ,pm me and I'll send you my address.LOL

Well Rick ,only time will tell if this was a great buy or not,,....if it croaks tomorrow than it probably wasn't the best decision on my part to get it,..however, if somehow I can pull this off and she lives , then we did good.
But,that's going to be enough stuff for now,.... I think I'll just take a step or two back, put my feet up, observe and try to learn from my successes and also from my mistakes....got my fingers crossed ! Dary

Tank looks great! How do you make sure you keep enough space between them so when they get bigger they don't hurt rack other? Don't they move around?

Buffy said:
Tank looks great! How do you make sure you keep enough space between them so when they get bigger they don't hurt rack other? Don't they move around?

This new coral kinda scares me because I haven't had any " hands on " experience with this kind yet,...so it's gonna be a trial and error sort of thing just to keep it alive yet alone trying to get it bigger,...it's a little shrunken from yesterday and that kinda scares me but we'll see over time......... Re.moving around,...the neon green brain coral has about a pound of rock/ skeleton attached to it so there's no way it could move around even if it wanted too,....the candy stripe trachy has got a pretty solid rock base also so it also may stay put where it is....I hope all goes good,.....good luck on the Buffy build,..it sounds line you're getting pretty close to kicking this project off.

Dary421 said:

Sweet coral. Looks like you got 2 for one, Dary. Isn't it a baby coral on one side? ;)

I want more coral... :(

Back
Top Bottom