Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #901
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's pretty good, I'm sure if you added ati's it could handle sps then. And for the money you would save, the ati's would be worth it.

I still say led's all the way though. Gotta love my taotronic dimmables

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:26 PM   #902
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
That's pretty good, I'm sure if you added ati's it could handle sps then. And for the money you would save, the ati's would be worth it.

I still say led's all the way though. Gotta love my taotronic dimmables
I know. I had a small tank so it'd be an overkill

Old 05-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #903
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well,..small update,...I had a little update in rich's thread re.the new powerhead ,...but for those of you who may not have read it ,...we were discussing the price of the ecotech powerhead and wether it was actually worth the money,.... In a nutshell,..I was very seriously questioning my sanity for ordering one of these extremely pricey pumps,...I'm sure that 90% of the expense has to deal with the exotic "driver" wave maker control box ,....so after I FINALLY figured out how to actually program the unit properly ,via utube, quick starting guide etc ,I've had it up and running for two whole days now,... I really like how you can chose which " mode" may be the right one for YOUR tank,...once you've chosen the mode you desire you can adjust the power and overall pulsations etc to fine tune everything to your tank.. Its really a pretty neat wave making machine in itself.....so far I'm very pleased with the unit.,...it's really seems to be a very well built and hefty item.
Someday I'll like to get another one for the other side of my tank but that can wait for awhile ....,tank looks good and everything seems in order
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3067621454.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	94014   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3770387021.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	94015  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-554141904.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	94016  
Old 05-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #904

Told u. And as for fire hazards just make sure u don't plug to many things drawing to many amps into one power strip. Other wise u can melt and burn the wires. Volts divided by watts gives u ur amps if anyone is interested. And if u are over ur limit don't worry because the devices probably don't use what it says on the tag. A one amp powerhead probably uses like a quarter amp
Old 05-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #905
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
Told u. And as for fire hazards just make sure u don't plug to many things drawing to many amps into one power strip. Other wise u can melt and burn the wires. Volts divided by watts gives u ur amps if anyone is interested. And if u are over ur limit don't worry because the devices probably don't use what it says on the tag. A one amp powerhead probably uses like a quarter amp
Yeah yeah yeah. ( lol) ,..... In my case the fire department is about a mile away,....fortunately ,..I think most things in the aquarium world draws very little energy so you can pack a mind boggling array of wires ,cables ,pumps,reactors etc and still not "blackout" your city...:-/
Old 05-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #906

Not black out but catch fire. Some people will take a power supply with six outlets and turn it into twelve. I have a jungle of wires under my tank and they do get hot
Old 05-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #907

How's that mp40 doing
Old 05-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #908
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
How's that mp40 doing
It hasn't caught on fire yet nor caused a blackout in San Diego,....but,...overall it does a nice job .. I think in the long run the system would probably benefit from having another unit ( mp40) on the other side of the tank in sync with the first one.,that way the two units would actually work together on the same mode and wouldn't have to compete against the koralias.,...I'm sure that will be coming down the line at some point but for now everything's cool.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #909
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
Well,..small update,...I had a little update in rich's thread re.the new powerhead ,...but for those of you who may not have read it ,...
So you are saying no one ever reads my posts???? LOL Just kidding. Sure wish I could afford a couple of those. Right now I have a Koralia 3 and a 2 on my 125. I am thinking I need to add something to the center of the back wall. Nems have been moving non stop since I set the tank up 2 weeks ago and I am just not sure if it was the temp light or lack of flow or just the new tank. I moved all my established rock and some new live rock but I am just not sure. Since adding the LED lights night before last the nems are looking MUCH better today so I am thinking it had to do with the lights. I am gradually raising the intensity but it is still only at about 25%.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #910
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Great to hear you are liking the new powerheads dary! I'm still holding off on that huge money dump myself. I really really want to try them out with the radions hanging over my tank. I think it would be really awesome to do, since there is so much you can program into all of them. It would also be great with the "feed mode" and "acclimate mode" which can be done with a touch of a button from the radions.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com