Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's an oriental market near me called assi plaza and while in there one time I did see concentrated vinegar, if I remember correctly you had to dilute it at a 6 to 1 or 8 to 1 ratio to bring it down to regular strength, sorry I can't remember a brand name but maybe I'll just have to go shopping tomorrow

There's an oriental market near me called assi plaza and while in there one time I did see concentrated vinegar, if I remember correctly you had to dilute it at a 6 to 1 or 8 to 1 ratio to bring it down to regular strength, sorry I can't remember a brand name but maybe I'll just have to go shopping tomorrow

Im thinking that ill just fill up my barrel with tap water and add a bunch of vinegar to the water and just let it fester for a day or two to loosen the gunk enough that maybe itll hose off or at least may not require too much scrubbing to clean it up...the vinegar concentrate sounds neat tho..

Im thinking that ill just fill up my barrel with tap water and add a bunch of vinegar to the water and just let it fester for a day or two to loosen the gunk enough that maybe itll hose off or at least may not require too much scrubbing to clean it up...the vinegar concentrate sounds neat tho..

I'll have to see if I can get over there and at least get a brand name for you

So when we left off last week we were discussing just how to clean up your saltwater mixing container after its bee covered in the left over residue.... So armed with the main cleaning equipment 1. Vinegar 2. Scouring pad 3. Hot water 4. Beer , i decided to give it a go... A few pictures taken along the way from start to finish.... My observations as follows 1. Its a lot of work! 2. Possible vinegar high from being in the barrel scrubbing away. 3. You're going to need a lot more beer than planned 4. Youll never get it all out no matter how hard you scrub

So now I'm wondering if it really makes any difference whatsoever ., does the calcium , clay deposits left over in the barrel actually attract more deposits or is having a clean shiny barrel keeps it at bay at least for awhile ?

Wisdom from an old reef keeper.... Give a kid the vinegar , scrub pad and $5.00 while you relax in your chair with your beer.

All in all its much cleaner than when i started but no where near like new....., other than that i also took apart some of my mrc recirculating skimmer and did some maintenance and cleaning on that also... Time to relax

Attachments

• image-208035701.jpg
    image-208035701.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 117
  • image-2286337383.jpg
    image-2286337383.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 154
  • image-1921584733.jpg
    image-1921584733.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 135
  • image-62488889.jpg
    image-62488889.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 165
  • image-3768617052.jpg
    image-3768617052.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 151
  • image-915601950.jpg
    image-915601950.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 123
  • image-2940809229.jpg
    image-2940809229.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 108
  • image-2117128666.jpg
    image-2117128666.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 115
  • image-2517368537.jpg
    image-2517368537.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 126
Here's a shot of our nano at the office. Just has sexy shrimp in it right now. Did get a upgraded LED light that grows corals.

Attachments

• image-2939966131.jpg
    image-2939966131.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 121
  • image-2718306257.jpg
    image-2718306257.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 135
So when we left off last week we were discussing just how to clean up your saltwater mixing container after its bee covered in the left over residue.... So armed with the main cleaning equipment 1. Vinegar 2. Scouring pad 3. Hot water 4. Beer , i decided to give it a go... A few pictures taken along the way from start to finish.... My observations as follows 1. Its a lot of work! 2. Possible vinegar high from being in the barrel scrubbing away. 3. You're going to need a lot more beer than planned 4. Youll never get it all out no matter how hard you scrub

So now I'm wondering if it really makes any difference whatsoever ., does the calcium , clay deposits left over in the barrel actually attract more deposits or is having a clean shiny barrel keeps it at bay at least for awhile ?

Wisdom from an old reef keeper.... Give a kid the vinegar , scrub pad and $5.00 while you relax in your chair with your beer.

All in all its much cleaner than when i started but no where near like new....., other than that i also took apart some of my mrc recirculating skimmer and did some maintenance and cleaning on that also... Time to relax

Always plan how much beer needed & then double it. Vinegar high = bonus.

Good work Dary! My removal Memorial Day Weekend of the deposits wasn't as involved thank goodness! Btw I want your skimmer lol.

Always plan how much beer needed & then double it. Vinegar high = bonus.

Good work Dary! My removal Memorial Day Weekend of the deposits wasn't as involved thank goodness! Btw I want your skimmer lol.

I love my skimmer !!! She's a beast and a little prehistoric but she's mine and it kicks *#%} ... Re beer .. Yes , for once i underestimated., it'd never happen again !!

Your next hobby should be to brew beer. Plumbing can't be that much different than a fish tank. More stainless steel. LOL

Lol a few year back one of my brothers gave me and my other brother a home beer making kit... That was when the " earth stood still".... We're still trying to recover from that episode !!!!

While doing my pwc this morning i found 3 asteria stars on my front glass ( acrylic) ..kinda interesting , at least for me, because i cant remember ever seeing them in my main tank., i have seen a couple in my sump from time to time.
I suppose there's prob a bunch of the little guys in there but it just really surprised me actually see them out and about.

Also my blue mushroom colony continues to multiply and climb up one rock formation.,a few months ago there was just a few of them and now theres prob twentyish little ones climbing to the stars ( no pun intended) ., a couple of years ago i bought some hairy lavender mushrooms on a rock and for some reason they grow like weeds in my tank.
My favorite mushrooms are the florida ricordeas but they do not care for my tanks environment at all and have never taken off BUT i have noticed a nice green one starting to split.., i got my fingers crossed that maybe itll be a start of something cool.

Attachments

• image-270176805.jpg
    image-270176805.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom