Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #911
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99

So you are saying no one ever reads my posts???? LOL Just kidding. Sure wish I could afford a couple of those. Right now I have a Koralia 3 and a 2 on my 125. I am thinking I need to add something to the center of the back wall. Nems have been moving non stop since I set the tank up 2 weeks ago and I am just not sure if it was the temp light or lack of flow or just the new tank. I moved all my established rock and some new live rock but I am just not sure. Since adding the LED lights night before last the nems are looking MUCH better today so I am thinking it had to do with the lights. I am gradually raising the intensity but it is still only at about 25%.
Rich,.. Nah,..just didn't wanna hijack your well read thread,.,.i figured i better move my junk over here so we didn't have the same discussion on two depart threads,. It's actually pretty cool when you set up a new tank ,rearrange stuff or add new equipment like lights,pumps etc to see how your residents reacts.
Like you said,.sometimes it may be the lights, or the flow or a combination of things,...it's just a learning experience,.. I think everything will settle in for you soon enough.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #912
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
Great to hear you are liking the new powerheads dary! I'm still holding off on that huge money dump myself. I really really want to try them out with the radions hanging over my tank. I think it would be really awesome to do, since there is so much you can program into all of them. It would also be great with the "feed mode" and "acclimate mode" which can be done with a touch of a button from the radions.
Boy, there's so many different things that you can do with them,... I have only just begun to explore the possibilities,...I'm actually glad I already have my lights set up so that'll eliminate that part,... It kind of reminds me of a really fancy watch that'll have 23 different functions built into it but you only use it to tell time and check the date.,... I'm really interested in eventually getting another some day like I stated earlier,..but due to the high cost ,i don't see that happening for quite some time.
Overall,.the whole tank has been getting back to its old self again so I think if everything continues to stabilize ill probably start adding some more corals fairly soon ,..keep up the good work !!!

Old 05-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #913
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421 View Post
Rich,.. Nah,..just didn't wanna hijack your well read thread,.,.i figured i better move my junk over here so we didn't have the same discussion on two depart threads,. It's actually pretty cool when you set up a new tank ,rearrange stuff or add new equipment like lights,pumps etc to see how your residents reacts.
Like you said,.sometimes it may be the lights, or the flow or a combination of things,...it's just a learning experience,.. I think everything will settle in for you soon enough.
LOL Funny you should say that. Just posted some very good news on that build thread.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #914
Aquarium Advice Addict

...so, yesterday afternoon I'm watching tv when I notice that my one week old ecotech mp 40 driver is flashing an error code,...wow !! A moment of panic is suddenly transformed into another panic based search to try and find out just what this code is trying to say.
A Internet search discovers that it's in a " stall " mode, which means that something may be obstructing the propeller or causing an issue with it turning properly. I take the " wet" portion of the unit out of the tank and find nothing wrong,...I plug it back in and she starts to operate as normal,..whew !! ,a few minutes later the same warning code starts flashing again ,..once the error mode is flashing your pump is in a non operating mode...great!! Numerous dunks into the tank and many unplugging the unit back and forth only resulted in the same flashing error code.
I did manage to keep it running normally for over an hour once but it would usually only last a few seconds to a few minutes before showing the error code again.thank goodness I have some spare koralias on hand .
I called their tech support when they opened this morning and explained to the tech what I went thru,..a new mp40 is on the way along with a prepaid return shipping tag returning the pump back o ecotech for a lobotomy. I hope this is an isolated case .
Hopefully the new one will perform flawlessly as designed,. Cuz, I have really gotten to like them., just kind of a tainted start .
Old 05-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #915
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Wow, sorry to hear about your troubles. On a good note though, ecotech's customer service is supposed to be top of the line, and I guess it';s true since you are already half way to getting your issue remedied.

Hope the new one shows up and works like a charm going forward.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #916
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Wow, sorry to hear about your troubles. On a good note though, ecotech's customer service is supposed to be top of the line, and I guess it';s true since you are already half way to getting your issue remedied.

Hope the new one shows up and works like a charm going forward.
Thanks carey.., ive got my fingers crossed!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #917
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
ecotech's customer service is supposed to be top of the line
They better be for those prices.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #918
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I know right? I'm still cringing about the money I spent on the mp10 I got. LOL And the worst part is i see no discernible difference between it and my koralia. maybe a slightly different water pattern going out of it but thats it as far as i can tell.

Not sure if I'm a fool anf got taken in by the hype or if i'm just not seeing it. LOL

Either way Dary, let us know how the process goes for your return.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #919
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I know right? I'm still cringing about the money I spent on the mp10 I got. LOL And the worst part is i see no discernible difference between it and my koralia. maybe a slightly different water pattern going out of it but thats it as far as i can tell.

Not sure if I'm a fool anf got taken in by the hype or if i'm just not seeing it. LOL

Either way Dary, let us know how the process goes for your return.
Yeah ., its a lot of money for sure BUT after using this unit for a week ii was very impressed ( except for this incident of course ). If the new pump works as expected ., id get another one for sure when the money's right. .. ., carey., what mode are you running with your mp10?
Old 05-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #920
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm using the nutrient transport mode right now.....

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com