Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #921
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
I'm using the nutrient transport mode right now.....
Thats what i was using also.., ,in my case , i think another 40 in sync with the first one would really work beautifully for my tank.. ,sorry you don't like your mp10 ., have you tried different pulse rates and more or less power etc?

Old 05-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #922
Aquarium Advice Addict

My thought on the koralias vs the mp's is this...
Koralia
Pros: cheap, easy, useful, and good water current (shape, spread, power)
Cons: run backwards sometimes, bulky, I guess a little louder than the mp, and you have to buy the wave maker for it.

Ecotech MP
Pros: versatile, small, quiet, great water currents, able to be upgraded, can work in sync well, and comes with a wavemaker.
Cons: EXPENSIVE, too powerful for some tanks if you want even flow, price keeps people away from buying multiple which is key for indirect flow on corals, and I've heard programming it is kinda confusing of you want to use all the settings.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #923
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
My thought on the koralias vs the mp's is this...
Koralia
Pros: cheap, easy, useful, and good water current (shape, spread, power)
Cons: run backwards sometimes, bulky, I guess a little louder than the mp, and you have to buy the wave maker for it.

Ecotech MP
Pros: versatile, small, quiet, great water currents, able to be upgraded, can work in sync well, and comes with a wavemaker.
Cons: EXPENSIVE, too powerful for some tanks if you want even flow, price keeps people away from buying multiple which is key for indirect flow on corals, and I've heard programming it is kinda confusing of you want to use all the settings.
I agree 100% with your observations ,... But I'm in the door now and I'm happy I am,...I had mine at about 50/60 % power and it seemed to be pushing one heck of a lot more water than my korlia 1400 ever did,...I'm just hoping that everything works out with this new one cuz I wanna sync the other side too,.., thanks for the input !
Old 05-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #924
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just wondering, how easy is it to control the strength of the flow on it? Is it like a knob or something?

I'm starting to think about getting a mp10 now..
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #925

To bad they don't give you a free one
Old 05-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #926

If u were not honest and the new one came in before you sent the old one out you could keep both and just buy a new wet side for the one giving errors And you will have an error free one for like 90 bucks. I think that's what a wet side replacment costs
Old 05-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #927

Draw back being you would never be able to call them and expect help again
Old 05-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #928
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
Just wondering, how easy is it to control the strength of the flow on it? Is it like a knob or something?

I'm starting to think about getting a mp10 now..
Pretty easy once you kinda figure things out,...flow rate and pulse rates are both adjusted via the knob,....I would imagine that the mp10 would be for a rather small tank,..Carey has one she's mad at,..maybe you can work a deal out ? ... Can't speak for the mp10 ,.. Just the mp40 .
Old 05-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #929
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
If u were not honest and the new one came in before you sent the old one out you could keep both and just buy a new wet side for the one giving errors And you will have an error free one for like 90 bucks. I think that's what a wet side replacment costs
Nah,..they have that covered,....they hold a cc # just to make sure they get everything back in one piece,...they send the new one out and then the FedEx relabels your box and picks it up.at the same time,...I think my pumps problem may have been in the controller and not the pump itself,... It'll all work out just fine I'm sure.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #930

That maybe because you said that you looked at the wet side and didn't see anything so.I wonder if it would be cheaper to buy the unit as individual pieces online rather than buy it whole. The controller is 100 bucks I believe and the wet side is 90 or so for the mp40. I may be wrong but all you need then is the motor

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Blank canvas | - »