Dary's tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's a camera hog. I'm feeding him from that location. He eats a big silverside each day that I hand feed him and a little of the regular foods I feed. Hope that's enough for him. Saw a gorgeous one older than mine on Tanked last night. Hope my guy gets that colorful.

Last edited:
I 've been donating most of my $$ into my little previa van lately and everybody has been commenting on how nice it's coming along" pimp my van" among other comments lately but after a couple of few thousand dollars,she's looking pretty cool ,but,.i feel that my tank has kind of taken a back seat so when the opportunity presented itself to get another couple of corals I decided I'd jump on it and add some more to the jungle,....torch corals really seem to thrive I my tank for some reasons so I ordered a rather exotic looking orange tipped specimen that'll add a little color to the tank,..I also ordered a rather pricey orange Yuma Ricordia mushroom rock which for reasons beyond me I've only had mixed results on but decided to try it again anyways,...but last but not least , I ordered a Favia brain coral which resembles my previous " Martian" chalice corals which again really seem to like the environment that my tank presents,...got my fingers crossed!!!!

Those orange yumas don't seem to need much light. Mine stayed real small until I placed them in a shadier area.

Thank you Greg-,....I feel like a rookie pitcher throwing out his first pitch in the big leagues ,..I've got a shady spot or two picked out with fingers crossed!

They are very pretty. Took my LFS a while to get any. For a rookie, you sure seem to be doing good. Sure your not a undercover marine expert?

They are very pretty. Took my LFS a while to get any. For a rookie, you sure seem to be doing good. Sure your not a undercover marine expert?

I only wish i had 1/100 th of your knowledge when it comes to reef tanks... As i stated earlier, sometimes i really do feel like that freckled face kid right off the farm asking cy young or sandy kovacks how to grip the ball to throw a curve ... Bur maybe someday something will sink in .

Hey don't sell yourself short, you sure arent looking bad yourself. I'd kill for what your tank looks like. Lots of people to really look up to in the tank aspect of things on here.

Hey don't sell yourself short, you sure arent looking bad yourself. I'd kill for what your tank looks like. Lots of people to really look up to in the tank aspect of things on here.

Hey Adam ,..long time between visits,...welcome back,!!!! .....I hope you're referring to Greg's tank,....and yes, you'd kill for what MY tank looks like lol,. :-/. All in all I guess it's not too bad,...just started having a little cyno outbreak on my sand bed,....I have no idea what's different but chemi clean here we come !

Last edited:
Hey Adam ,..long time between visits,...welcome back,!!!! .....I hope you're referring to Greg's tank,....and yes, you'd kill for what MY tank looks like lol,. :-/. All in all I guess it's not too bad,...just started having a little cyno outbreak on my sand bed,....I have no idea what's different but chemi clean here we come !

I know, sorry, I've been preoccupied with other things. Unfortunately I'm trying to sell my tank now. And hey, at least you have Something growing in your tank! Mines just dying off slowly. Tissue recession will be the death of me.

I know, sorry, I've been preoccupied with other things. Unfortunately I'm trying to sell my tank now. And hey, at least you have Something growing in your tank! Mines just dying off slowly. Tissue recession will be the death of me.

As you get older Adam you'll realize that tissue recession will be the death of all of us. Lol,...sorry about your tank,...not like you to throw in the towel ,.... Besides my little cyno outbreak I guess for the most part things are ok,...kind of amazing considering the skill level of the zoo keeper.

Feel ya there. I have a minor cyano outbreak happenin, Ughh.

As you get older Adam you'll realize that tissue recession will be the death of all of us. Lol,...sorry about your tank,...not like you to throw in the towel ,.... Besides my little cyno outbreak I guess for the most part things are ok,...kind of amazing considering the skill level of the zoo keeper.

I normally wouldn't, I love the hobby. But now I'm going to move back to freshwater. I can't leave it all the way! And it's doing more than okay. Your tank really does look great, what lights did you get? LEDs right?

People crash in saltwater reefing because they have too high expectations and don't embrace the time it takes to build a reef right. Dary has taken his time over several years I have watched him. He has never done anything in a hurry with his reef as far as I can tell. That, along with a workable routine of maintenance and feeding will do the trick every time. FW is the same, just less to do and costs less to run.

Back
Top Bottom