Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #951
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycajun
I love my mp40. Is gets to area that my koralias couldn't. I also love how it is easy to control. Fish and corals took a little while to get use to it but now they love it. Well worth the money just wish it would be about half the price. If it last a very very long time I would say it was worth it.
I get my replacement mp 40 on Monday .., even for the short time I ran mine it's kinda like Wow,..where have you been? ... Hopefully this one , will last a long time., can't imagine going back to straight koralia's again ,..but like you said, worth the money ,just pricey !

Old 05-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #952
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421

I get my replacement mp 40 on Monday .., even for the short time I ran mine it's kinda like Wow,..where have you been? ... Hopefully this one , will last a long time., can't imagine going back to straight koralia's again ,..but like you said, worth the money ,just pricey !
Cool. I am thinking about ordering my second. But I also need to upgrade my lights so I have no idea what I'm going to do.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #953
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycajun

Cool. I am thinking about ordering my second. But I also need to upgrade my lights so I have no idea what I'm going to do.
Kinda like lobster or king crab... Both good.. Prob cant go wrong either way... I spent over a grand on my three led fixtures last year so my choice is an easy one now...
Old 05-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #954
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd say get some T-5s, the mp40 and pass the LED's over please

Buffy's Reef Queendom has inhabitants of 2 Spotted Cardinal, Randall's Goby, Green Mandarin, Blue Chromis, CUC & Corals
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #955
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sorry for butting in but what about all the outlets u have with a controller like RKE. Can they be overloaded. I have 4 modules which is 26 outlets
Old 05-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #956
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421

Kinda like lobster or king crab... Both good.. Prob cant go wrong either way... I spent over a grand on my three led fixtures last year so my choice is an easy one now...
I spent $354 on 3 LED dimmable fixtures with UV. . Of course I got a gonga deal since I set up the group buy. LOL. Everyone else paid $235 per fixture.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #957
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99

I spent $354 on 3 LED dimmable fixtures with UV. . Of course I got a gonga deal since I set up the group buy. LOL. Everyone else paid $235 per fixture.
I thought it was $169 per fixture on eBay?
Old 05-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #958
Aquarium Advice Addict

I do t think it's the same fixture. Mine was 160$ but I ended up bidding 200$
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #959
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yup, different fixture. These are built specifically for a member of our local reef club who travels to China on a regular basis. He dictates to the manufacturer how to build them. The latest version have an RJ45 jack built in for the control signal. Pretty nice set up. For the price, I love them. For me they were $118 each.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #960
Aquarium Advice Addict

Crazy how much cheaper things are in china, and they are custom made lol. Gotta love reef clubs!

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Blank canvas | - »